Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Setra, jewel of the sands

by Pyronium3 Posted 21st Feb 2012 at 7:11 AM - Updated 21st Feb 2013 at 9:17 AM by Pyronium3

390 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 186 Feedback Posts, 203 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 16
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 12:56 PM
Thank you so much i love the pre-populated worlds, empty worlds sucks :D
Test Subject
#27 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 12:56 PM
can't seem to unpack it, keeps saying "crc failed in 'setra.sims3pack'. file is broken"
tried redownloading(a few times) but that doesnt work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:13 PM
Wow! Luv it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:15 PM Last edited by ViolettaVie : 21st Feb 2012 at 4:17 PM.
This looks beautiful. I can't wait to play it. Thank you so much!!!

Update: I am playing it now! The amount of work you put into this world is amazing. I love it!
Field Researcher
retired moderator THANKS POST
#30 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:54 PM
So beautiful! Totally downloading!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 1:55 PM
This looks as good as or better than most EAxis worlds. My hat is off to you. Never have I been so glad to have all the EPs as I am at this moment!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#32 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 2:09 PM
Wow, that just simply awesome. Fabulous work.
Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amina_kara
can't seem to unpack it, keeps saying "crc failed in 'setra.sims3pack'. file is broken"
tried redownloading(a few times) but that doesnt work

Try renaming each rar file 1, 2, 3 etc., this usually works for me.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
I would always wish for a Casablanca-type Late Night city like this, and this is brilliant! The terraforming is the hotness and coolness itself. Sublime.
And... it requires Pets EP. Which I don't have. Intentionally. So... either I give up to get my custom Casablanca... or I buy Pets just in order to play this city...

Same here. This and Jericho are fantastic, but alas, no Pets means none of either of these.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#35 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:03 PM
It's beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:37 PM
This. Is. Beautiful !
To think that I only have to buy Ambitions to be able to play with it... Why oh why ??

@Floraflora2: I feel your pain, I so do :P
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#37 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:22 PM
This is lovely, I can't wait to download it and try it out! :-) I hope that my laptop will be able to handle it, it looks amazing! Thanks for sharing :-D
Test Subject
#38 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:41 PM
When I try ti install this world I get the a message stating "installation failed. please make sure your game is up to date" I'm patched to 1.29. Origin is the latest version. What do I now?
Test Subject
#39 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by subwaytovenus
Try renaming each rar file 1, 2, 3 etc., this usually works for me.

that worked, thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:00 PM
I reinstalled Pets just to get this world and don't regret it one bit. Gorgeous world! I've been playing Queenstown for months now but I'm seriously considering using Twallan's porter mod to move my favorite families to Setra. I started a random legacy in Setra and I haven't really explored much (my sims are so poor lol) but I love what I've seen so far. Thanks so much for sharing your hard work.
Test Subject
#41 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:03 PM
Help i cant get it to download right when unzipping it says file is broken, i do get a sims pack but when i try to install it it says to make sure i have the right updates and try again??

Originally Posted by subwaytovenus

Try renaming each rar file 1, 2, 3 etc., this usually works for me

I got it to work thanks to post by subwaytovenus....thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:12 PM
Whoa, looks... amazing!

Unfortunately I don't have Pets... yet... so I'll skip this for now.

But anyway, thanks for sharing such an amazing world!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#43 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:13 PM
OMG I LOVE IT!wiah I could download, stupid computer glitch

BTW what game versions do you have? I have the same EPs but CAW won't work.
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SAGGG
Same here. This and Jericho are fantastic, but alas, no Pets means none of either of these.

Poor us...

<< don't have Pets.

Aaanyways... the recently released "Union Cove" (at Carl's Sims 3 Guide) can function without Pets by using its special savegame. Can a similar trick be applied with Setra?

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfection.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#45 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:42 PM
Nice job! Thanks for sharing! It takes a LOT of work to publish a world.... I appreciate your efforts and sharing.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#46 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:53 PM
This world is freaking amazing!!!! I'm playing it and I can't BELIEVE how much attention to detail went into this. I was a HUGE Los Aniegos fan, but now Setra is my favorite. I went to a club to party and it was PACKED!!! Oh and use Buzzler's Moar Interactions in this world. You won't BELIEVE what your sims get into!! Amazing!! Love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:39 PM
OMG! It's finally available. I have been drooling over the YouTube video on this world for a long time. Definitely a world I will have to have once I get a new computer than can actually run the game. Thanks for all your hard work on this!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#48 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:58 PM
Wonderful.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:16 PM
I downloaded this a bit ago from the Exchange. I immediately moved the family with Egyptian roots there and it has been a blast to play. Thank you for making this wonderful town for us to play!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:29 PM
Can't wait to try this out!
Page 2 of 16