Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Setra, jewel of the sands

by Pyronium3 Posted 21st Feb 2012 at 7:11 AM - Updated 21st Feb 2013 at 9:17 AM by Pyronium3

390 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 186 Feedback Posts, 203 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 16
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:30 PM
I've also been playing this world since it came available and just have to say... runs circles around EA worlds. It's totally brilliant! Thanks for all of the hard work that went into this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 9:16 PM
wow, this is amazing! As someone who builds one or two houses and then gives up part way and deletes and starts over, I am just blown away by the amount of effort and detail here.

I'm giving the Toddler house a go, I don't usually play premade ea families but yours sounded worth checking out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 12:48 AM
This is pure epicness
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 2:09 AM
Not to totally discount your AMAZING work ... but any plan to update your world next month to make it compatible and streamlined to the next expansion? If so I'll hold off trying this till then.

I cannot fathom the long hard hours u put into this project. U deserve a simmer's award!
Test Subject
#55 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:06 AM
Simply Amazing
I'm going to have so much fun playing this city, I just know it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#56 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:56 AM
I can't wait to explore this world! Thank you so much for all the hard work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 8:39 AM
part 7 is corrupt, fix it please!
Test Subject
#58 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 11:13 AM
Am I just too tired or has Windows 7 warped my way of looking at this? The answer is probably more along the lines of I need more explicit instructions on how to do computer-related things. Whatever it is, none of the installation instructions make sense to me.

(1) Make a folder to any location you can easily find - desktop for example - why?
(2) Download all 9 files in this thread and save them to the folder you just created - do I just copy and paste them? again, why?
(3) Right click on the first file and select "Extract here..." this option does not come up for me
(4) When prompted, browse the next file by finding the folder they are in and selecting the next file asked for since I can't get past "extract here" I can't comment on the rest

I did just try to extract each one by double-clicking the way I normally do, and the "CRC failed in "Setra.Sims3Pack". File is broken." error message came up. My next befuddlement comes in here: Which part of the rar file name do I change to 1, 2, 3 etc.? When I tried to extract the next one, I was told that the file already existed and do I want to replace it with what I was presently extracting? Huh? I imagine I'm missing the step that will magically merge all the files together, a step that everyone else knows instinctively and I don't. I'm going to go to sleep now and when I wake up I'll either not care anymore, or I'll magically understand all this, or some kind person will help me here. Or some unkind person will tell me to shut up and go play in Sunset Valley.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by secundo
Poor us...

<< don't have Pets.

Aaanyways... the recently released "Union Cove" (at Carl's Sims 3 Guide) can function without Pets by using its special savegame. Can a similar trick be applied with Setra?

Hmmm---I might try this. Thanks.
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:01 PM
All the files are coming up as 'corrupt' in 7z. Fix?

There are some walls, and...some ceilings, WAIT!, just one ceiling.

~Caboose~
(RedvsBlue)
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 4:10 PM Last edited by doliv723 : 23rd Feb 2012 at 2:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by wyndsong
Am I just too tired or has Windows 7 warped my way of looking at this? The answer is probably more along the lines of I need more explicit instructions on how to do computer-related things. Whatever it is, none of the installation instructions make sense to me.

(1) Make a folder to any location you can easily find - desktop for example - why?
(2) Download all 9 files in this thread and save them to the folder you just created - do I just copy and paste them? again, why?
(3) Right click on the first file and select "Extract here..." this option does not come up for me
(4) When prompted, browse the next file by finding the folder they are in and selecting the next file asked for since I can't get past "extract here" I can't comment on the rest

I did just try to extract each one by double-clicking the way I normally do, and the "CRC failed in "Setra.Sims3Pack". File is broken." error message came up. My next befuddlement comes in here: Which part of the rar file name do I change to 1, 2, 3 etc.? When I tried to extract the next one, I was told that the file already existed and do I want to replace it with what I was presently extracting? Huh? I imagine I'm missing the step that will magically merge all the files together, a step that everyone else knows instinctively and I don't. I'm going to go to sleep now and when I wake up I'll either not care anymore, or I'll magically understand all this, or some kind person will help me here. Or some unkind person will tell me to shut up and go play in Sunset Valley.

(1)you do this so that all download parts are easy to find
(2)you just move all the downloaded parts to the folder to keep them together
(3)if you are using WinRAR and dont see the "extract here" option choose the "extract files.." and select the folder you created(have to browse for it)
(4)when you extract from part 1 it will tell you that you have to locate part 2 and then the same for part 3 and 4 etc. you have to browse to where your other parts are saved and select them.

hope i helped a bit. Part 7 keeps coming up as corrupt when i try to extract ive downloaded it multiple times and always is corrupt
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 7:13 PM
hi
for those having problems with the file not unzipping
here one way to fix it
i renamed the files
for example i took the rar zip 1 and renamed it to 1
i did that with the rest . for some reaons the names on the files are not right. it kept saying the files are missing, looking for the other rar zip files to rejoin merge. it happens. now i just did this and am hoping this worked. the world size is 101 mb .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#63 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 3:45 AM
Quote:
When I try ti install this world I get the a message stating "installation failed. please make sure your game is up to date" I'm patched to 1.29. Origin is the latest version. What do I now?

I don't know! First time I've heard of this. Are you sure you've got all the required expansion packs too? If yes, try downloading through the exchange and see if that changes anything: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=5140699

Quote:
BTW what game versions do you have? I have the same EPs but CAW won't work.

You always need to re-download CAW when a new update is released

Quote:
Aaanyways... the recently released "Union Cove" (at Carl's Sims 3 Guide) can function without Pets by using its special savegame. Can a similar trick be applied with Setra?

Probably by removing all the Pets-related items and sims. Lots of work, and I'm not doing it - sorry :P

Quote:
but any plan to update your world next month to make it compatible and streamlined to the next expansion? If so I'll hold off trying this till then.

No. The world's large enough to fit in new stuff yourself, and I don't have the time to work on this anymore.

Quote:
part 7 is corrupt, fix it please!

It's not. I've downloaded them myself and it worked just fine. Still, for any people having problems downloading try the exchange link instead: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=5140699 (Now also in the main post).

Thanks for the comments everyone! ^^
Test Subject
#64 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by doliv723
(1)you do this so that all download parts are easy to find
(2)you just move all the downloaded parts to the folder to keep them together
(3)if you are using WinRAR and dont see the "extract here" option choose the "extract files.." and select the folder you created(have to browse for it)
(4)when you extract from part 1 it will tell you that you have to locate part 2 and then the same for part 3 and 4 etc. you have to browse to where your other parts are saved and select them.

hope i helped a bit. Part 7 keeps coming up as corrupt when i try to extract ive downloaded it multiple times and always is corrupt

Ah hah! You see? There was a secret thing! I don't have WinRAR, I have 7-zip, which apparently works a totally different way. Someone should mention that somewhere in the installation instructions. Once I changed the rar names to "1", "2", "3" etc., I was able to unzip the first file and unable to unzip the rest, so I deduced that they were all magically unzipped at once (hint: the huge file size!), so I went ahead and installed the ONE 3pack and it seems to have worked brilliantly. Thanks for your help! :D
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pyronium3
It's not. I've downloaded them myself and it worked just fine. Still, for any people having problems downloading try the exchange link instead: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=5140699 (Now also in the main post).

hmm i dont why it doesnt work for me then. oh well ill get it off the exchange then very eager to try this town. appreciate the work you put into it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 10:13 AM
woahw !!!! it' fantastic !!!! thank you !!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 2:11 PM
I NEVER post - I'm totally an unabashed lurker, but I have downloaded tons of worlds from lots of site, this is the most beautiful, well laid-out worlds I have ever seen.

Truly, this is beautiful - you should be proud of yourself. I keep trying to make my own worlds with CAW and always scrap everything half-way through when I come up with a *new* idea...this is visionary.

I love this world.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 1:59 AM
I have been playing with this world a couple days now and it is rapidly becoming one of my favorite worlds of all-time. Very well-done! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 9:42 AM
I realy lost my words... :D
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 3:49 PM
Very nicely done!! I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

MUMBLER! Seriously, I cannot understand a word you're saying! .... Willy Wonka, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 4:51 PM
I have to say, I LOVE YOU!!!! This is soo supermegaAWESOME! Thanks!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 5:49 PM
How Is This Not Featured!? How?!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 6:52 PM
I have to say, I LOVE YOU!!!! This is soo supermegaAWESOME! Thanks!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:05 PM
thanks for uploading it to the exchange! i'm so excited to play it now that i can download it. that file renaming thing wasn't working for me at all. so thank you, thank you, thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#75 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 7:39 AM
*speechless*
*regain my voice*
Y U SO AMAZING?! Y I NO GOOD AS U?!

Page 3 of 16