Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 12:36 AM
Default Attention TS2 builders- new group project
Zarathustra has an idea to build a simulated military base for TS2. It would consist of residential lots and community lots. The idea is not one military base lot, but a series of lots with a military theme. Residential lots can be group living barracks and on-base housing, which would be residential lots the same as any other residential lot. Community lots could include things like an infirmary, shops (PX), training grounds with obstacle courses, a shooting range, a gym. The project is NOT for a new neighborhood, but for individual lots that can be used to bring a military base-like area to your hood.

We would like to know who is interested in building for this project, and also we are seeking ideas for lots to include. Please post questions, suggestions, and interest in being part of this project.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 12:40 AM
Since I have not done any building in TS2 for a long while, I also need suggestions for lot sizes, and any other practical considerations.
How many lots is it practical to place in a hood?
Can current lots be replaced with new lots?
Can lots be rezoned as commercial lots?
Thanks!

@Zarathustra @joandsarah77
and anyone else who can help!!

New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 2:20 AM
That depends on your hood size, but unless you want some astronomical amount, any amount you want should be fine. If it's a large hood and every road space has a lot it might slow things down a little. again that depends on your computer and if you have a huge load of CC or not. I think the CC matters more than how many lots there are.

You can bulldoze any lot that is not owned and place down a new one. You can also pick up and rearrange lots, owned or not.

You can rezone anylot that does not have sims living on it/owned. If you want a lot to be rezoned residential from community you will need to download a buyable mailbox. The letterbox is very important and can't be found in buy mode.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 5:12 AM
Thanks Jo! Any interest in building for this project?

New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 6:10 AM
I don't really know anything about military buildings. When are you wanting stuff by? I'm not playing much S2 right now. If this is still going in a month or so I will check in again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#6 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 11:52 AM
First of all. Game. Sims 2 or SIms 3? I am messed a bit.
Second - the lots fuction based on theme. Hangars, barracks, what else...
I know one person in real life, she is an officer's daughter. I met her at place where she lived. This is like a small city behind a wired wall. It has a community eating place (maybe as restaurant), staff headquarters (library like), training groung and kids playground. They had a separated apartment house at the territory, specially fer soldiers with family and kids. And they had not any shops inside and used to buy everything at other places.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 12:20 PM
@Victor_tor TS2 stands for The Sims 2.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#8 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 3:06 PM
Oh found! Excuse my inattention. Read just second from my post.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 8:29 AM
Definitely still interested to be part of this project!
I am South African, but my late husband was in the Air Force.
I built a radar tower for my hood when I knew a lot less about building than I do now, so I would like to build a new one for this
Theorist
#10 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Definitely still interested to be part of this project!
I am South African, but my late husband was in the Air Force.
I built a radar tower for my hood when I knew a lot less about building than I do now, so I would like to build a new one for this

Oh cool! I am expecting if you are from Africa, maybe your husband had military base in a desert. I feel like army forces has harder life at the desert and also second sims (so as 4th) tight connect military theme with life in desert.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Oh cool! I am expecting if you are from Africa, maybe your husband had military base in a desert. I feel like army forces has harder life at the desert and also second sims (so as 4th) tight connect military theme with life in desert.

Not at all - we lived in the Limpopo province, and most of the time in the Salt Pan Mountains, where the radar tower was my husband's responsibility. It is a high rainfall area, where we lived, and we lived in town, not on the air force base, between the base and the radar tower. The air force base is a bit away from town (driving takes around 20 minutes there) and was actually built where the least rain falls (better for aircraft flying) - but it is still quite beautiful, with a complete nature reserve as well. (I think I appreciated seeing the wild boars on the rugby field often as well as the wild deer eating flowers more than anything else - many of those in town too).

The radar tower is situated on land named Rudyard, named after Rudyard Kipling, who had spent a lot of time writing in the area. The area is also known for its large concentration of leopards, as well as having the most native plant species per square meter in the world.

While most of the country is not high rainfall area, most of it is not desert either - we do have the beautiful Kalahari, though, but it is a desert one can live in.