Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 2:52 PM Last edited by EduPie : 21st Jun 2021 at 3:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a picture.
'Stuff for Kids Creator Challenge' Button Leads to a Blank Page.
Hi there. I just downloaded Fresh-Prince's "Children's Deluxe Stove" and saw the button indicating that it's "part of the Stuff for Kids Creator Challenge". However, when I open the link to see other creations for the event, I'm shown a blank page. Am I doing something wrong? Could it be something about the new site UI?

By the way, this is a screenshot of what appears.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EduPie
Hi there. I just downloaded Fresh-Prince's "Children's Deluxe Stove" and saw the button indicating that it's "part of the Stuff for Kids Creator Challenge". However, when I open the link to see other creations for the event, I'm shown a blank page. Am I doing something wrong? Could it be something about the new site UI?

By the way, this is a screenshot of what appears.

Hello @EduPie
Several months ago, I queried about the Challenges as I was quite interested in submitting an entry but was advised all the Challenges were closed - they closed about 2010.
At that time, from My Statistics Page, I was able to access entries for the various challenges; I checked today and this is no longer the case.
I believe at the time of uploading they were indexed directly to the "Challenges" but it looks as if more recently they have been re-indexed to their general location e.g. Buy Mode/Nursery/Other Objects.
I suspect in the near future the Challenges will be removed from the Downloads list.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
I checked today and this is no longer the case.
[...] It looks as if more recently they have been re-indexed to their general location, e.g. Buy Mode/Nursery/Other Objects.
I suspect in the near future, the Challenges will be removed from the Downloads list.

That's honestly so sad to hear... Personally, I don't mind the lack of Challenges over the last the few years, but not being able to access them is an entirely different issue. It's almost like our MTS community was slowly dying...

Regrets aside, thanks a lot for answering. I was starting to lose hope and think no one would answer, and it's great to see you around here. I love your content. :lovestruc
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 12:48 PM
Ladysimplayer is incorrect - we are *not* removing challenges. The only reason that they didn't appear was because of the way they work - it's a special case section that operates differently from the usual ones, hence it wasn't added to the browser.

However, I've re-added the code that makes these sections work, so the link ( https://modthesims.info/downloads.php?f=544 ) now works as expected.

Thanks for the report!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Inventor
#5 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Ladysimplayer is incorrect - we are *not* removing challenges. The only reason that they didn't appear was because of the way they work - it's a special case section that operates differently from the usual ones, hence it wasn't added to the browser.

However, I've re-added the code that makes these sections work, so the link ( https://modthesims.info/downloads.php?f=544 ) now works as expected.

Thanks for the report!

Thanks for putting them back on the "My Statistics Page" too.
Does that mean there will be new Challenges for all Sims games from time to time?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 11:08 AM
There already is one

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.