Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1001 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 1:39 PM
Default toddler resize
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
The mod works with the new Skin update. This is a script mod rather than a CAS slider.

How does it work with script
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1002 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 1:08 PM
The mod does not work since 1.69. Gives error in BE-ExceptionReport.html
Recommended Action Mods were detected in the exception.
Close your game, try removing the mentioned mods below from your Mods folder and retry what you did when you received the exception.
If the exception does not occur then the problem is likely with that mod.
Check the mod download for any recent updates.

Possible Cause

(Confidence: 30%) My Script Mods\TS4HeightSlider6_original\Scripts\HeightModule.py
Reason Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'SimInfo' object has no attribute '_days_until_ready_to_age')
Scholar
#1003 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 1:09 AM
The script mod updated by Ted is the one that works. Anyone trying to use any other version can have issues. By the way. The mod still works with the latest Para Patch.
Scholar
#1004 Old 23rd Jan 2021 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Petr54
The mod does not work since 1.69. Gives error in BE-ExceptionReport.html
Recommended Action Mods were detected in the exception.
Close your game, try removing the mentioned mods below from your Mods folder and retry what you did when you received the exception.
If the exception does not occur then the problem is likely with that mod.
Check the mod download for any recent updates.

Possible Cause

(Confidence: 30%) My Script Mods\TS4HeightSlider6_original\Scripts\HeightModule.py
Reason Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'SimInfo' object has no attribute '_days_until_ready_to_age')

The mod works as expected. I am not sure what you are saying or what version of the mod you are using.
Test Subject
#1005 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 1:27 AM
do you have to enable the cheat everytime or once only.
Scholar
#1006 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 8:12 PM
To use the mod, you have to first find the version that was updated by TedW. Then you have to have cheats enabled. Once cheats are enabled they stay that way until you turn them off. Cheats need to be enabled for the command to work.
The command is this:

Add_slider height 20 or Add_slider height -20

Pretty simple, and can be used on any sim, except toddlers. Make sure the sim is selected of course. You can use any value from 0 (default height) to 100. The minus sign is used to decrese height. It does not matter if you use upper or lower cases by the way.
Test Subject
#1007 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 7:40 AM
Im not sure whats going wrong. Updated to TedW's update, and still nothing works at all. Tried entering the command in different ways and no results. :\
Test Subject
#1008 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vazdrae
Im not sure whats going wrong. Updated to TedW's update, and still nothing works at all. Tried entering the command in different ways and no results. :\

Okay, seemed to have forgotten to remove the old script from the old sliders. Height seems to work, but cant tell if the others are.
Scholar
#1009 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 11:22 PM
The mod still works with the 21 anniversary patch.
Lab Assistant
#1010 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 6:09 PM
I am still using a feet slider that I got from my cousin. It works for teens and up and gives me no problems.
Scholar
#1011 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 8:22 PM
The mod is fine with the bunkbed patch. This is the only slider that works for all ages.
Test Subject
#1012 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 5:42 AM
Height Slider Scales
Hi, I really love the height slider. It is so much fun! Thanks a lot for creating it.

I'm wondering if it is possible to know the scales being used with this mod?
I mean, what does -100/+100 means in relation to the original height of the sim?

I'm trying to create a pose in Blender for sims with different height, let's say one sim with the minimum height and the other with the maximum...
then, what is the scale I need to apply to both models?

Thank you in advance.

Test Subject
#1013 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Hands, Neck and Bulge Sliders have been added! Now with gradual height growth!

Height Slider
Hello guys! Since my current height slider mod is quite outdated, I decided to massively improve it!

Hand Slider (added in version 0.02)
The hand slider allows you to resize your sims hands!

Neck Slider (added in version 0.03)
The Neck Slider allows you to lengthen or shorten your sims necks!

Bulge Slider (added in version 0.04)
The Bulge Slider makes your sims less flat in the crotch area. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Note that this slider only affects certain bottom clothing options, which is the following:
List:

If your sim isn't wearing any of these, the slider won't have any effect, unless the slider is being applied for the first time, where any clothes will be affected.

Gradual Height Change and Randomized Height for NPC's (added in version 0.05)
The Gradual Height Change is sort of a slider, but it's also not simultaneously. This marks the return of shorter teens from the old mod! This time, it also shortens your existing teens!

The Gradual Height part makes it so that your child and teen sims grow, every day, at midnight, which is pretty cool, I admit!

It also randomizes the heights of the NPC's in the neighborhood, for more realistic sims, this only happens if their height hasn't been randomized, by the way.

Instructions
Anyway, to install, simply unzip the file and put the files into your mods folder. DO NOT INSTALL IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RISK YOUR GAME IN THE EVENT SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAPPENS. It's heavily unlikely, though.

New Instructions.

IMPORTANT
Enter add_slider <command> <number>, with <command> being the command listed for the slider, and <number> a number between the min and the max values of the slider. Min and Max are usually -100 (smallest) and 100 (largest), unless it is specifically stated otherwise.

Commands:

Old Instructions

: Current Bugs:
Sliders do not seem to be genetically passed onto children, I suspect that this is a bug caused by the last patch as before that, they were working fine.

Portraits are out of frame if you resize your sim.

Question testers should answer
1. Does it work? And if it doesn't post the error log.

2. Does it transfer genetically to sims born in-game? I'm quite busy now and I don't really have the time to spend 3 sim days doing nothing. So go ahead and get your tall or short sims pregnant!

Release Notes

v0.06.1 Reuploaded Scripts as .ts4script instead of .zip
v 0.06 Fixed a major bug where Gradual Height Increase wasn't working. This is the last version where all sliders are in one zip.
v 0.05 Fixed the bug where not putting the bulge slider in caused the game to be unplayable. Added in Gradual Height Change and Randomized NPC heights.
v 0.04.1 Added back Height Slider Tall to the zip.
v 0.04 Added Bulge Slider
Fixed bug where -50 and below were the same as -100 on some sliders.
v 0.03 Added Neck Slider
v 0.02 Added Hand Slider
v 0.01 Made it much easier to add the slider.

Hi, I really love the height slider. It is so much fun! Thanks a lot for creating it.

I'm wondering if it is possible to know the scales being used with this mod?
I mean, what does -100/+100 means in relation to the original height of the sim?

I'm trying to create a pose in Blender for sims with different height, let's say one sim with the minimum height and the other with the maximum...
then, what is the scale I need to apply to both models?

Thank you in advance.
Scholar
#1014 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 5:08 AM
By the way, the height slider still works wit all the latest patches done in May.
Scholar
#1015 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 7:52 AM
Still works with the June 29th patch.
Test Subject
#1016 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 8:35 PM
The slider update by TedW on post #890 still works
Scholar
#1017 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 8:42 PM
Thank you Hey_Kira. I was just coming here to post that. I was so worried that it would be affected by this last patch.
Test Subject
#1018 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 1:46 AM
Hello,

I've been trying for about a week now to get these sliders to work but have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've enabled cheats and all custom content. I summon the cheat bar and type in "add_slider height 50" for example and then go to "change sim" in the mirror but nothing has been added. Please could you suggest what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks.
Scholar
#1019 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:25 AM Last edited by Mendota : 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:29 AM. Reason: correction
Quote: Originally posted by hunterhazeee
Hello,

I've been trying for about a week now to get these sliders to work but have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've enabled cheats and all custom content. I summon the cheat bar and type in "add_slider height 50" for example and then go to "change sim" in the mirror but nothing has been added. Please could you suggest what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks.

It has nothing to do with the mirror. I don't know where you got that idea. First make sure that you are using the TedW update. Second make sure that cheats are enabled. Third type: add_slider height 20
20 being an example you can use any number between 0 and 100. If you want to make the sim shorter: add Slider_height -20

The effect will happen right away. The sim will get taller or shorter. To go back to the default height use the number 0.
Scholar
#1020 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 9:51 PM
By the way. The mod still works with the Spa patch.
Scholar
#1021 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 9:10 PM
Mod still works with Stories and all updates.
Scholar
#1022 Old 26th Feb 2022 at 11:41 PM
Mod works with wedding update and all patches.
Test Subject
#1023 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 6:33 AM
A) Does the gradual height change and randomized height for NPCs still work? B) Is there documentation for it to better understand how it happens (ie would a child gradually grow to teen size by their birthday, would this be effected by aging mods etc). C) Is this the only place this specific mod is located? Maybe I'm just missing something as to how the forums work but I'm not seeing it as a regular mod page like I'm used to.
Scholar
#1024 Old 3rd May 2022 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psychobillie
A) Does the gradual height change and randomized height for NPCs still work? B) Is there documentation for it to better understand how it happens (ie would a child gradually grow to teen size by their birthday, would this be effected by aging mods etc). C) Is this the only place this specific mod is located? Maybe I'm just missing something as to how the forums work but I'm not seeing it as a regular mod page like I'm used to.

To my knowledge, the gradual height change never worked. Randomized heights worked though.
As the mod never worked it was never released as a mod. To get the working part you have to read the thread backward to find information about its use.
The files you need are linked in the discussions, not at the start page.

I gave up and use the simpler Auto Shorter Teens:
https://modthesims.info/d/642260/au...rter-teens.html
Scholar
#1025 Old 5th Jun 2022 at 9:04 AM
Mod still works with all the latest patches as of June 4th 2022.
Page 41 of 44