Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Height Slider

by GODJUL1 Posted 18th Jan 2017 at 6:07 PM - Updated 9th Nov 2021 at 12:03 PM by GODJUL1

247 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 181 Feedback Posts, 65 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Test Subject
#51 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 4:26 PM
Default Height slider not working for me.
Hi,

I've tried each of the height sliders in my game and none of them work.

I have script mods enabled and I have placed the zipped file directly into my mods folder. Is there something I'm missing? No one else seems to have any issues other than reporting a lag in the game.

In CAS I use the slider to enlarge the sims feet, but nothing happens to their height, I save then return to the game, but no change in height there either.

Please, any advice??

Thanks.
Scholar
#52 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prento64
Hi,

I've tried each of the height sliders in my game and none of them work.

I have script mods enabled and I have placed the zipped file directly into my mods folder. Is there something I'm missing? No one else seems to have any issues other than reporting a lag in the game.

In CAS I use the slider to enlarge the sims feet, but nothing happens to their height, I save then return to the game, but no change in height there either.

Please, any advice??

Thanks.

Unzip the .zip file and remove it. The mod is in a .package file.
Scholar
#53 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 6:27 PM Last edited by Morphar : 24th Jan 2017 at 10:24 PM.
Suddenly I saw a parent that played with a toddler without any weired animations but potty training and feeding in that chair is bugged. I guess it is caused by the potty and chair is not recogniced by the mod. They are also new to the game.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#54 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 7:16 PM
This is absolutley fantastic but I was wondering; is there any chance that you could create a version like simmy's second version that is not tied to the foot size and that just sets teens to a shorter height?
I'm not particularly interested in giving my Sims individual heights so wouldn't need to ability to set it myself but I HATE that Teens are the same height as Adults. Just a mod that once it is dropped in the game, makes all Teens visibly shorter than Adults would be beyond excellent.
I normally try and fix things that bug me in the game myself but this is beyond my skillset.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Nope. If you choose the file WITHOUT teens in the name then it only works on adults. If you choose the file WITH teens in the name then it works on both.

The ones with teens in it only means that teens are generally shorter. Without will still let you change the height of both teens and adults. Sorry for not describeing it well.
Scholar
#56 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 12:36 PM Last edited by Morphar : 29th Jan 2017 at 10:13 AM.
The attached pictures shows a sim with very strange walk style. For every step she change height or actually her legs length. If it's due to this mod I don't know yet. Can it be caused by new walk styles in the game not covered by the mod?

Do you think you have any chance to fix the toddler issue?

Edit
I changed her walk style, didn't help. I did a very small change of height in CAS and it helped.

Edit
The small change was that the size of the feet changed from:
Feet = -16.998720169067383
to
Feet = -10.332053899765015 (fixed the problem)

Edit
It didn't work to change the height at the end. It worked at first but came back later. I have tried changing clothes, worked for a while. She can run and be invited to a lot. She is the only sim with this behaviour.

Tested with only this mod and the bug is there. Without the mod she is OK.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#57 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GODJUL1
The ones with teens in it only means that teens are generally shorter. Without will still let you change the height of both teens and adults. Sorry for not describeing it well.

I'm sorry for stepping in and explaining something I didn't have the right or knowledge to do so.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Suddenly I saw a parent that played with a toddler without any weired animations but potty training and feeding in that chair is bugged. I guess it is caused by the potty and chair is not recogniced by the mod. They are also new to the game.

same here with the parents playing with toddies anim is great, but potty and feeding still messy
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 1:36 PM Last edited by AliceSacco : 10th Feb 2017 at 1:12 PM.
Is possible to resize the whole sim without changing it's proportions instead of tretching him? Forget it. Is already this way.

Anyway, is possible to add this option to toddlers and children?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 7:29 PM
Not sure if there is anyone around to answer, but I figured I'll try anyways.
"Teens at the end of the name means teens are generally shorter than adults. Both version will let you change the height of teens and adults."
I downloaded the heightslider1(teens) and put it in my game and launched it. All the teens are the same height. I can drag their feet, no problems. But the way I understood that sentence was that teens would be shorter than adult as automatic (aka the mod sat their height to be shorter) I assume it doesn't mean like that and its actually referring to your ability to drag their feet and make shorter teens than from the default height mod?
Test Subject
#61 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 9:51 PM
I have witnessed for the first time the toddler bug.. AND HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FUNNY! (part of me doesnt want it to get fixed lol)
Scholar
#62 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitsune Jimmy
I have witnessed for the first time the toddler bug.. AND HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FUNNY! (part of me doesnt want it to get fixed lol)

Extra fun if you select the toddler as active during the lift. The toddler is all over the place.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 8:01 PM
Doi need WinZIP pr WinRAR to unzipittomyMods folder? is there any other way? I dont want to have to pay?
Scholar
#64 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bo Na Na
Doi need WinZIP pr WinRAR to unzipittomyMods folder? is there any other way? I dont want to have to pay?

7-zip is free:
http://www.7-zip.org/

Uncompresses .zip, .rar and 5 more.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#65 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 1:54 AM
Thank you so much! This height slider is amazing!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 2:29 AM
Thank you sooo much for this!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 1:52 AM
Hi I adore this mod and it gives great variation in the height as stated, however toddlers don't work whenever you pick them up they disappear until you put them down again. I tried the old simmythesim height mod and toddlers work fine there but I don't like that mod because sims sink into the floor when short. If you built this based on that why are the toddler anims messed up here but not in that mod. I hope you can fix it soon, much love for this mod and I will continue to use it regardless of the toddler issue just wondering
Scholar
#68 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emile20
Hi I adore this mod and it gives great variation in the height as stated, however toddlers don't work whenever you pick them up they disappear until you put them down again. I tried the old simmythesim height mod and toddlers work fine there but I don't like that mod because sims sink into the floor when short. If you built this based on that why are the toddler anims messed up here but not in that mod. I hope you can fix it soon, much love for this mod and I will continue to use it regardless of the toddler issue just wondering

Are you saying that toddlers work in this mod?:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329

...or the new attempt:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:50 AM
Its great and makes it more realistic! but i was wondering, how exactly you change your sims height?
Scholar
#70 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheesysmileash
Its great and makes it more realistic! but i was wondering, how exactly you change your sims height?

In CAS you drag the slider for the foot left or right.
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 8:03 PM
Can you update this mod to work with children?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 5:46 PM
thanks!
Field Researcher
#73 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Are you saying that toddlers work in this mod?:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329

...or the new attempt:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799

toddlers work in the old mod
Test Subject
#74 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 8:45 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if perhaps it will be possible to extend the functionality of this mod so that custom height values get temporarily reset while Sims are performing interaction animations that require alignment?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 7:01 PM
Thank you for doing this. Can't live without it
Page 3 of 10