Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Broadcaster -- A Custom Stereo Music Utility (UPDATED: 14 September 2021)

by gamefreak130 Posted 17th Feb 2020 at 4:48 PM - Updated 14th Sep 2021 at 8:30 PM by gamefreak130

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Mar 2020 at 9:21 AM Last edited by __blue__ : 11th Mar 2020 at 1:49 AM.
Default Would be a Build-, Buy or Mapview-Music tweak possible?
Thank you! A thousand times even! I've been looking for so something like this since years (as well as all your other fans )
Just one question: Can this be tweaked to do the same for Build-, Buy or Mapview-Music? I'd have tears of joy.

Thank you so much for the time and love you invest in your amazings Mods!
Test Subject
#52 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 5:13 AM
Can this mod be used to make custom songs that your sims perform? On instruments, for karaoke, and for showtime in general? Also hoping to one day be able to add additional songs to the build/buy/load screens instead of replacing. I feel like the only person sometimes who has a soft spot for both sims 1 and sims 3 build/buy music. Plus I want to add a bunch of other fitting bgm to those modes too. Also curious about custom ringtones and sim voices.

I found this thread here, http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=471971 but I really hope a tool like this one comes out to help with making such files.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#53 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 10:04 PM
NEW UPDATE: MARCH 27, 2020

Changelog:
  • Fixed issue with bootstrap assembly in which slow dance stations were being registered as workout stations. This fix is not retroactive; any existing stations marked as slow dance stations must be recreated using the updated version of Broadcaster.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 9:40 PM
thank you for this i really like it in my game i did every step right and generated a package file, put it in to my mods folder
but unfortunately every time i try to play my costume music by the broadcaster on radio the game crashes!??
my game v. is 1.67
Test Subject
#55 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 10:10 PM
I actually started this account just so I can write this comment haha. First of all, gamefreak, MONSTER THANX for the absolute most awesome mod!! I have been wanting something like this for..like as long as I have been playing Sims 3!! When I saw how easy it is to use, I felt this overwhelming need to t h a n k y o u <3 I have, however, run into a problem. My game kicks me out every time, after 15-20 min of gameplay and active music. Seconds before the crash the sound gets into a major hangup, with an echoeffect. The music (my custom) or sims talking sound, it can be anything. Sounds really creepy. What I wonder is...if this is related to Broadcaster, do I have too much music...? I have 4 made channels, one has 14 tracks, another 6, one has 11 and so on. Is it too heavy loaded..? I really want this fixed, cause this mod turned my game EPIC. Hope you will answer!! All the best to you and all the rest of the fantastic people in here. Sorry for my bad english <3
Instructor
#56 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 1:22 PM
I noticed that all my custom music imported with this tool disappeared when I added/downloaded a new EP. Should I be able to add the files back to my mods folder, or will I need to start from scratch, since the new EP came with at least one new station?

goderguy
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 10th May 2020 at 8:33 PM
I always wanted a Jazz and Swing music station for Roaring Heights. And more Classical music additions.

Thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 18th May 2020 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Argus
Does it work for other areas of the game as well, such as build/buy/cas/map? Is it possible to add this funcionality if it doesn't?
Regardless, Thank you again! This is brilliant work!

I am also wondering if this can be added. It would be great to add more music to buy/build/cas without replacing the originals.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 9:33 PM
How did I not know about this sooner?!?! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 8:13 AM
Thank you so much!!! Now i can import Baby Aerial: Gucci on my body from TS4 to TS3 XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 9:56 PM
This brought me back to Sims 3 today... I'm running version 1.67 with mods and works flawlessly BUT you have to jump through hoops with your MP3's. This is what I did to keep the game from crashing: Using Foobar2000 I loaded up the songs I wanted in my radio station, stripped ALL pictures from the tags and converted to constant bitrate 192k. They converted fine after that no problems
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 11:34 PM
Looks fun xDD Can't wait to try it!
Test Subject
#63 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 2:51 PM Last edited by laughingdead : 30th Nov 2020 at 9:24 PM.
Back with a bug. The songs that get encoded, some have lower volume than others and not sure why this is happening because they all play at the same basic volume as an mp3. I normalize all my files with mp3gain and remove regain info in foobar2000 to make sure that happens in all my media players inc using the custom music folders in all Sims games which all play the files at the same volume but here with Broadcaster I'm getting songs that vary in volume?

No I was UNABLE to track down the problem. I thought it was the stereos but I just noticed on the SAME stereo one of the songs was TWICE as loud as the others, when played back outside of Sims sounds the same as the others so idk what happened here but it's kind of annoying. So somewhere in the encoding the mp3 is being gained louder for some odd reason. The fix would be to track down each song that is louder and decrease the gain on them manually in foobar like -5db and reencode I suppose

Also there is an random access violation when tracks switch on any stereo which makes you lose progress so save often like every 5 minutes. At first I thought it was something else because all the songs play in options no problem but in game, randomly the engine just crashes without warning right when a track switches, any custom station any random track just happens... Unfortunely this is too discouraging to continue using so I'm taking this out until it's fixed. Too bad

For those of you that have the same issues, there is a workaround. You can use mklink to switch folders DURING gameplay. Pause the game first then do the following in a bat file:

rmdir /s /q "C:\Documents\The Sims 3\Custom Music"
mklink /D "C:\Documents\The Sims 3\Custom Music" "C:\Users\<name>\Music\Classic Rock"

Folders depend on your setup but first folder is current location of the custom music folder which gets deleted so move your files elsewhere.
Second folder is where it now points. Make several of these bat files for each music type etc. Pause the game, run the bat file, shut off the stereo and unpause. Turn on the stereo again new songs play.
DO NOT play the custom songs in the options menu though, that will probably cause a crash. Ugly hack but it works
Test Subject
#64 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 2:28 AM
Not sure if anyone will reply to this, but I'm having an issue with it. I installed a radio station with diner music specifically for... well... a diner. It worked fine, so I added one for my favorite songs. Now I experience crashing whenever I use the newest radio station I added. I have done my usual cleanup of anything that is potentially causing crashing in the game itself, so I'm 99% sure it isn't my game itself. Help?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 3:18 PM
OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I have wanted a mod like this forever!!! Thank you!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#66 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 8:30 PM
NEW UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 14, 2021

Changelog:
  • Fixed bug with workout randomizer package in which working out did not decrease hygiene or make Sims fatigued. The main Broadcaster tool is unaffected and does not require an update.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
#67 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 6:49 AM
okay, so..it really is a fantastic creation, but as i'm switching songs to get to a specific song i want to listen to on the radio, at least after 5 times of clicking forward to go to the next song, it completely crashes my game...????
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 4:00 PM
Thanks for this I finally can create a Japanese radio!! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 8th Mar 2022 at 11:06 PM
I also want to confirm that this does cause the occasional game crash. It will happen when playing music on a custom radio station created with this tool, and switching to the next track. It's somewhat random - sometimes switching the track works fine, sometimes it will cause the game to hang and crash straight to desktop. I've "poked the bear," and tested this just to single this issue out. When it happens its when switching a track, and crash log analyzer always points out custom content as the reason for the crash.
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 8:51 PM
Sadly some of my generated packages are conflicting with each other. I also checked and there are no doubles in it.. Any suggestions? The mod is awesome tho.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#71 Old 12th Apr 2022 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kevinsko
Sadly some of my generated packages are conflicting with each other. I also checked and there are no doubles in it.. Any suggestions? The mod is awesome tho.

What exactly do you mean by "conflicting"? If you're talking about a conflict reported by Delphy's Dashboard tool, that is expected, since there is a common XML resource that is shared between all stations, and it should be a non-issue.

Test Subject
#72 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
What exactly do you mean by "conflicting"? If you're talking about a conflict reported by Delphy's Dashboard tool, that is expected, since there is a common XML resource that is shared between all stations, and it should be a non-issue.

Exactly, I was talking about Delphy's Dashboard tool. What you say makes total sense and I am relieved that it's no problem. Thanks for the fast reply.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 5:35 AM
I am attempting to use this tool to create a new station and it continually throws the same error, which I have attempted every logically imaginable simple fix for. I have a playlist of Russian music, which I am attempting to simply dump all of into a new radio station with this tool. It throws the same error on every attempt, "A file and/or memory access error occurred." I have tried: Moving the entire playlist to a completely different folder to ensure it is not in use by other programs or being accessed from an external storage device. Closing down File Explorer to make sure nothing but Broadcaster is even opening the folder. Neither of these have fixed the error. I do not have the knowledge to "fix" the file names myself to avoid the different alphabets incompatibility, nor a tool to fix them automatically. I also need to be able to keep track of what these files are, so renaming to something random might fix quickly so I can move the f on, but won't be sensible long term.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Space Pony
Original Poster
#74 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katlovet10
I am attempting to use this tool to create a new station and it continually throws the same error, which I have attempted every logically imaginable simple fix for. I have a playlist of Russian music, which I am attempting to simply dump all of into a new radio station with this tool. It throws the same error on every attempt, "A file and/or memory access error occurred." I have tried: Moving the entire playlist to a completely different folder to ensure it is not in use by other programs or being accessed from an external storage device. Closing down File Explorer to make sure nothing but Broadcaster is even opening the folder. Neither of these have fixed the error. I do not have the knowledge to "fix" the file names myself to avoid the different alphabets incompatibility, nor a tool to fix them automatically. I also need to be able to keep track of what these files are, so renaming to something random might fix quickly so I can move the f on, but won't be sensible long term.

Hmm, have you tried running the tool as an administrator?

If that doesn't work, then as a test, I'd encourage you to make copies of the files, give those copies English names, and use them temporarily to see if it fixes the problem. I doubt that error message would be caused by the file names themselves, but I don't know for certain.

Test Subject
#75 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 2:12 AM
Can this mod make custom music station plays in shuffle order?
Page 3 of 4