Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Regul Save Cleaner

by Onebeld Posted 11th Feb 2021 at 2:38 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2024 at 8:30 PM by Onebeld : Update documentation

270 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 223 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#101 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boyilovesims
I've been using v1.5.0-net5, so I tried v2.0.0-net5, but the program doesn't appear to launch. I tried compatibility mode for Windows 8 and 7 just to see if anything would happen, but there was no change. I verified that v1.5.0-net5 would still launch.

I downloaded v2.0.0-net461.zip and it does work, though! It does seem a bit snappier.

Hey!
Okay, I'll try to fix it again. If it doesn't work again, most likely I will uninstall the net5 version.
Forum Resident
#102 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 8:42 PM
@boyilovesims : I had the exact same problem. Hopefully it can be fixed, but if it can't, I'm okay with running the net461 version.

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
#103 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 7:27 AM
Windows 10 Pro 21H1 64-bit. Cannot start version 2.0 (.NET 5). Double clicked, nothing happens.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boyilovesims
I've been using v1.5.0-net5, so I tried v2.0.0-net5, but the program doesn't appear to launch. I tried compatibility mode for Windows 8 and 7 just to see if anything would happen, but there was no change. I verified that v1.5.0-net5 would still launch.

I have the same issue. I have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of .NET Runtime 5.0.7 installed.
Test Subject
#105 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 4:16 AM
I've never used any type of save cleaner before, are they necessary? I tried to launch this program with NET 5.0.8(?) installed, both 64 and 32bit but the application never launches. I'm on Windows 10. Should I be using an earlier version or something? Where would I find that?
Test Subject
#106 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 10:17 AM
Sorry to say that, but the Chinese translation is terrible. Is there any way that I can contribute?
Also, this program fails to properly display Chinese characters in save file names and directory names.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#107 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smallg0at
Sorry to say that, but the Chinese translation is terrible. Is there any way that I can contribute?
Also, this program fails to properly display Chinese characters in save file names and directory names.

Hey!
Yes, I understand that translation can be terrible (translator, heh). Since you want to publish a zip file, you only need to translate between tags, no Key values ​​are needed.
Also, I will definitely look at the problem, but in the near future there is no update for the program, since I have been working on Regul lately and I can not wait to tell you about it.
Thanks for understanding!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Lang.en.zip (2.1 KB, 7 downloads)
Test Subject
#108 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 1:01 AM
Default Open source?
Is it open source like a git hub?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#109 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Desoroxxx
Is it open source like a git hub?

Yes! This project is on GitHub (there is a highlighted link on the program description page, and you can go here), but I haven't updated the repositories since March of this year. I'll be fixing that soon.
Also please note, this program is being developed separately from Regul, some changes may be different.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 3:58 PM
Well crap.
So i made the mistake of downloading the .net5 version.
It installed .net5.... and then nothing happened. clicking on the executable does nothing.
so i tried with the 4.6.1 one.
that one throws an error.
so i tried installing .net 4.6.1
and i can not because .net 5 is installed.
so i tried uninstalling it, but apparently i can not find it among the installed apps or windows features.

what do i do?

EDIT: the 4.6.1 worked despite the error. i wonder what the hell the net people are thinking when making all these marginally different non backwards compatible versions and not enabling parallel installs for all versions and hiding the installer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#111 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smallg0at

@smallg0at
I looked into the problem of not being able to display Chinese characters. Unfortunately, I will not be able to fix it. Avalonia does not support Unicode characters in TextBox. A fix is pending, but when it will be released is unknown. You can follow this problem here.
Test Subject
#112 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 2:38 PM
Hi! I have downloaded .NET 5.09 x64 and .NET 5.09 x86 and your v2 for .NET 5. It doesn't start, so I added it as an exception and trusted program to my security, which also didn't work. Tried admin mode. I also restarted. Neither worked.

Then I downloaded your other v2 and that one works. I am running on a 64-bit windows operating system.
Don't know if you needed this information, but just wanted to share!
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 1:12 AM
net5 doesn't work for me either but net461 does.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 12:10 PM Last edited by HanoM29 : 19th Sep 2021 at 12:52 PM.
Latest Version Causes Save Curroption
Alright, I have come across a new issue with the latest version. The program launches fine and works but it seems to be corrupting my saves, with most options on apart from removing photos and generated images. I tried it on two separate saves, that were confirmed to be working prior, and both of them corrupted instantly with the "Serious Error Has Occurred Loading" message while trying to load the save after save cleaning.

I then performed the same test again with the older version and same config, and both saves launched fine after save cleaning

It seems like the latest version is touching on something in the save that it shouldn't be or is causing a file to freak out, which is causing the saves to give this message. I will perform some more testing with the config to see what is causing the issue.

EDIT: Just did some more messing about with the latest version and I can confirm that it doesn't really matter what options are selected as the saves will still corrupt. I tried it with just Deleting family portraits and Deleting Character Portraits. enabled separately in separate tests. and both saves still got corrupted

Sims is a game I have cherished ever since I was young. Enjoy it, it's just a game!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#115 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HanoM29
Alright, I have come across a new issue with the latest version. The program launches fine and works but it seems to be corrupting my saves, with most options on apart from removing photos and generated images. I tried it on two separate saves, that were confirmed to be working prior, and both of them corrupted instantly with the "Serious Error Has Occurred Loading" message while trying to load the save after save cleaning.

I then performed the same test again with the older version and same config, and both saves launched fine after save cleaning

It seems like the latest version is touching on something in the save that it shouldn't be or is causing a file to freak out, which is causing the saves to give this message. I will perform some more testing with the config to see what is causing the issue.

EDIT: Just did some more messing about with the latest version and I can confirm that it doesn't really matter what options are selected as the saves will still corrupt. I tried it with just Deleting family portraits and Deleting Character Portraits. enabled separately in separate tests. and both saves still got corrupted

I just checked it out. It does break the save. Thank you so much for reporting this problem! (Oh crap, over half a year of playing this game for nothing.)
Test Subject
#116 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Onebeld
I just checked it out. It does break the save. Thank you so much for reporting this problem! (Oh crap, over half a year of playing this game for nothing.)

Hey Onebeld! Can you add please feature to delete ScriptError XML files from documents? It's from NRaas Errortrap files, here:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#117 Old 3rd Oct 2021 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IHEARTBLK
Hey Onebeld! Can you add please feature to delete ScriptError XML files from documents? It's from NRaas Errortrap files, here:

Hi!
This function is already in the program, just select "Clear cache".
Test Subject
#118 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 10:35 AM
Hello Onebeld,
This program looks awesome but unfortunately I have not been able to get it to work with my save. I am getting this log error when I run it:

Quote:
[05.10.2021 03:08:33.752] | Fatal | [System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\*******\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp84F1.tmp' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
at Regul.S3PI.Package.Package.SavePackage()
at RegulSaveCleaner.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.bgwClean_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at RegulSaveCleaner.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.bgwClean_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
at Avalonia.Threading.AvaloniaSynchronizationContext.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<Post>b__0()
at Avalonia.Threading.JobRunner.Job.Avalonia.Threading.JobRunner.IJob.Run()
at Avalonia.Threading.JobRunner.RunJobs(Nullable`1 priority)
at Avalonia.Win32.Win32Platform.WndProc(IntPtr hWnd, UInt32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at Avalonia.Win32.Interop.UnmanagedMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& lpmsg)
at Avalonia.Win32.Win32Platform.RunLoop(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Avalonia.Threading.Dispatcher.MainLoop(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Avalonia.Controls.DesktopApplicationExtensions.Run(Application app, Window mainWindow)
at RegulSaveCleaner.Program.AppMain(Application app, String[] args)
at Avalonia.Controls.AppBuilderBase`1.Start(AppMainDelegate main, String[] args)
at RegulSaveCleaner.Program.Main(String[] args)

Options selected:
  • family portraits
  • character portraits
  • lot thumbnails
  • generated images
  • create backup

The backup is created successfully in the specified path but then the program appears to freeze up, open the log file, then crash and exit. My save folder is fairly large (1.57GB) with a 1.2GB TravelDB file.

Edit: I am using the net461 version on Win10 and I have .net 4.8 currently installed
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#119 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TCL
Hello Onebeld,
This program looks awesome but unfortunately I have not been able to get it to work with my save. I am getting this log error when I run it:

Options selected:
  • family portraits
  • character portraits
  • lot thumbnails
  • generated images
  • create backup

The backup is created successfully in the specified path but then the program appears to freeze up, open the log file, then crash and exit. My save folder is fairly large (1.57GB) with a 1.2GB TravelDB file.

Edit: I am using the net461 version on Win10 and I have .net 4.8 currently installed

Hi!
There are several reasons:

The first is that some program is interfering with changing the file in the Temp folder, most likely several instances of Save Cleaner are running.
The second one is related to the save itself. Please check this with other saves. If this problem appears in only one, please post your save in private messages, and also write the version of your game, we'll try to figure it out.

Also while checking this bug I found another one. Thanks for pointing this out!
Test Subject
#120 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 11:51 AM
Hi!
There are several reasons:

The first is that some program is interfering with changing the file in the Temp folder, most likely several instances of Save Cleaner are running.
The second one is related to the save itself. Please check this with other saves. If this problem appears in only one, please post your save in private messages, and also write the version of your game, we'll try to figure it out.

Also while checking this bug I found another one. Thanks for pointing this out!

Thanks for the help. I confirmed it still happens with only once instance of save cleaner running. After playing around with this more, I figured out that I would get the exact same error with Kuree Save Cleaner as well. However, if I cleared memories first with Kuree, both programs could successfully clean the save without problems.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 1:54 PM
The latest version of the tool seems to keep making my launcher/game not detect my installed store content, it only seems to happen when the delete chache option is enabled however so it might be deleting something its not ment too. i'm using the .net5 version if that helps

EDIT: I think deleting sigs chache might be making the game not able to detect installed store items through the launcher
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#122 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anime_Boom
The latest version of the tool seems to keep making my launcher/game not detect my installed store content, it only seems to happen when the delete chache option is enabled however so it might be deleting something its not ment too. i'm using the .net5 version if that helps

EDIT: I think deleting sigs chache might be making the game not able to detect installed store items through the launcher

Hi!
Let's look into why this is happening.

Anything to do with the store and the launcher is basically DCCache. SigsCache can be safely deleted and should be re-generated after deletion. Files with an ebc extension are store content and dbc is third party content. There are also some files inside - dcc.ent and missingdeps.idx. When you delete them, they should be generated. Most likely dcc.ent could be the cause. Please check this file after starting the game/launcher. The cache cleanup function did not change after I added it.

If it's not there, try "resetting" The Sims 3 folder following these instructions, be sure to put all store files back in the DCCache. If the content doesn't show up after that, I'll look into the problem. It's very important for me to get as much information as possible, especially after the sad version 2.1.0
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 2:50 PM
Hi!
Let's look into why this is happening.

Anything to do with the store and the launcher is basically DCCache. SigsCache can be safely deleted and should be re-generated after deletion. Files with an ebc extension are store content and dbc is third party content. There are also some files inside - dcc.ent and missingdeps.idx. When you delete them, they should be generated. Most likely dcc.ent could be the cause. Please check this file after starting the game/launcher. The cache cleanup function did not change after I added it.

If it's not there, try "resetting" The Sims 3 folder following these instructions, be sure to put all store files back in the DCCache. If the content doesn't show up after that, I'll look into the problem. It's very important for me to get as much information as possible, especially after the sad version 2.1.0

Resseting the folder did not work, currently re-downloading all my store content and will backup my sims 3 documents folder and try again and see if it is the dcc.ent file when its removed by the save cleaner and get back to you!
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 4:03 AM Last edited by Anime_Boom : 17th Nov 2021 at 10:59 AM.
Okay so i tested the newest save cleaner .net5 version with all my store content re-installed again first time using it it cleared what it was ment to with the chache files and the launcher was still reading the installed content. Second time i tried again this time the save cleaner deleted the files "nav.bin" ,"wl.bin" and "platform.bin", I re-opened the launcher and all my store content was missing after these three files were deleted. Hope this help!

EDIT: anything deleted in the sigschache file un-installs store content in the launcher if deleted can confirm I placed my backup folder over the one that has been cleaned and the issue is fixed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#125 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anime_Boom
Okay so i tested the newest save cleaner .net5 version with all my store content re-installed again first time using it it cleared what it was ment to with the chache files and the launcher was still reading the installed content. Second time i tried again this time the save cleaner deleted the files "nav.bin" ,"wl.bin" and "platform.bin", I re-opened the launcher and all my store content was missing after these three files were deleted. Hope this help!

EDIT: anything deleted in the sigschache file un-installs store content in the launcher if deleted can confirm I placed my backup folder over the one that has been cleaned and the issue is fixed.

Very interesting. Such files are deleted only in the Downloads and SigsCache folders. The last thing I wanted to ask: did this problem exist before (in the previous version/in the net461 version)?
Page 5 of 11