Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Servo from The Sims 2

by Esmeralda Posted 21st Feb 2010 at 8:19 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2015 at 9:55 AM by Esmeralda : Some changes to text

245 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 212 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Instructor
#76 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Yes, if you feel you really must get your female servo pregnant, open the body package in CAS Texture Unitool and go to the Part Category tab, click 'Valid For Maternity', and then save. The robot body won't get fatter, but it shouldn't turn into a human body.

You could modify the sphere to be bigger when pregnant

Unauthorized incoming post!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
When I select the non-custom style or change it to the female head, the eye piece becomes brighter, and not as nice.

The metal rim of the eye remains unchanged, though. Don't know if that was intended or not, but it'd be nice if that recolored with the rest of the head.

Both issues are now fixed and the download file has been updated - please re-download! And thank you for solving the mystery as to why the male head wasn't recolouring as expected!

Quote: Originally posted by morten8035
You could modify the sphere to be bigger when pregnant

LOL!! If someone who knows how to do that (I don't) would like to have a go, it would be fantastic!
Scholar
#78 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 2:57 AM Last edited by Purplepaws : 23rd Feb 2010 at 4:21 AM.
Both issues are now fixed and the download file has been updated - please re-download! And thank you for solving the mystery as to why the male head wasn't recolouring as expected!

Wow, that was fast! It takes me forever to update my own files.

Will test A.S.A.P!

*Edit* Looks great, and recolors superbly! Thank you!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#79 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 6:22 AM
Thanks for all your hard work on this , and for sharing it .
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 7:19 AM
looks like you beat ea to it. great :D
Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 8:03 AM
this is purely AMAZING!
robots ftw!
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 9:18 AM
This is very impressive i did not even thought this was possible thanks for your hard work.
Test Subject
#83 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 4:11 PM
Awesome, I'm sooo gonna make a ghost servo
Banned
#84 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 6:06 PM
Whoa, I didnt even think of that. I wonder if the ghost light on the energy sphere stays intact when servo becomes a ghost?
Field Researcher
#85 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 6:15 PM
Brilliant. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#86 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 6:22 PM
Excellent!
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 6:44 PM
Brilliant! Thank you ever so much :-)
Inventor
#88 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 8:06 PM
That's unbelievable. I really don't know how you could do this - amazing work!!

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
#89 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 9:41 PM
I followed your advice and the head still does not show in my game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#90 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brettona
I followed your advice and the head still does not show in my game.

Hmm, very strange - so you put it in Mods\Packages, but the sim is showing up in CAS with the robot body but without the robot head? And you looked in the 'Hat Hairs' section of the Hair panel, to find the robot head and have your sim 'wear' it, but it's not there? If so, I'm stumped - no-one else has had this problem, and I can't understand why it wouldn't be there. Please let me know exactly what steps you took.
Test Subject
#91 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 10:55 PM
Looks Awesome. Thank You
Field Researcher
#92 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 2:45 AM
i had sims 2 and i never heard of servo... was he only in an expansion pack? if i could get him with base game someone tell me how!
at any rate, this guy looks cool and i'm definitely downloading him for sims 3. it must've taken a long time to do so thanks for all the hard work! he shall now be my cleaning slave =)
Instructor
#93 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 2:53 AM
FRICKIN SWEET!!!! IT'S SERVO!!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to bring here to TS3!!! Was wondering when someone was gonna create some sort of robot on here!!!!! 5 STARS AND THEN SOME!!!!

Sims 2 *Mo' addictive than a Peanut Butter and Crack Sandwich*
Test Subject
#94 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 3:24 AM
Hmm, very strange - so you put it in Mods\Packages, but the sim is showing up in CAS with the robot body but without the robot head? And you looked in the 'Hat Hairs' section of the Hair panel, to find the robot head and have your sim 'wear' it, but it's not there? If so, I'm stumped - no-one else has had this problem, and I can't understand why it wouldn't be there. Please let me know exactly what steps you took.

well, i put the mods in the correct folder(i used winrar), i booted up the game(Lasted patch and WE, no high end stuff). I created a new neighberhood and went into CAS. I cliked the premade sim option and brought up the servo. It was mising the head but had the body and a blue tinted head with brown hair. I have no idea what is the matter
Field Researcher
#95 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
i had sims 2 and i never heard of servo... was he only in an expansion pack? if i could get him with base game someone tell me how!
at any rate, this guy looks cool and i'm definitely downloading him for sims 3. it must've taken a long time to do so thanks for all the hard work! he shall now be my cleaning slave =)

Servo was from Open For Business, if I'm not mistaken. But you had to get the Robot Crafting Station and work your way up to him.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Test Subject
#96 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 7:05 AM
When I download and try to unzip it this it comes withe the error message "Cannot open file: It does not appear to be a valid archive" Can anyone help
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#97 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:47 AM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 24th Feb 2010 at 11:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by brettona
well, i put the mods in the correct folder(i used winrar), i booted up the game(Lasted patch and WE, no high end stuff). I created a new neighberhood and went into CAS. I cliked the premade sim option and brought up the servo. It was mising the head but had the body and a blue tinted head with brown hair. I have no idea what is the matter

Did you look in the men's Hat Hair section in CAS?

Quote: Originally posted by VinnieNZ
When I download and try to unzip it this it comes withe the error message "Cannot open file: It does not appear to be a valid archive" Can anyone help

The file is fine - try downloading it again, maybe something got corrupted somehow during the downloading process.

Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos

Yes, Servo came with the 'Open For Business' expansion pack. You had to get one of your sims to buy a robot-crafting table and make one, and activate it. Once activated, it behaved mostly like a regular sim but with a few differences, such as doing all the household chores and standing outside to power down and recharge itself when it ran out of energy, rather than sleeping in a bed. It also talked in a cute robot voice that I wish it was possible to reproduce in TS3! So I gave mine the highest-pitched and nerdiest TS3 voice to try to make up for it.

If you play TS2 and don't have Open For Business but want some robots in your TS2 game, a creator called NovaL made several fantastic robots that work with just the base game - I had most of them in my TS2 game and they look great: http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=93596
Test Subject
#98 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 5:24 PM
I have tried downloading it several times, all with the same result. I used WinZIP & 7zip to open the file.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#99 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 6:32 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 24th Feb 2010 at 7:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by VinnieNZ
I have tried downloading it several times, all with the same result. I used WinZIP & 7zip to open the file.

What operating system are you using?

If you're on Windows, then in XP, Vista and Windows 7 all you have to do is double-click on a zip file and it will open automatically, as a built-in feature of Windows. You don't need WinZIP or 7zip to open zip files.

If, when you click it, it keep opening automatically with WinZIP or whatever is giving the error message, then right-click on the zip file and choose 'Open With' and then 'Compressed (zipped) folders' if you're on XP (not sure about Vista or 7 as I'm on an XP computer now and not able to check) to force it to open with Windows' built-in unzip feature rather than WinZip.

If you still can't force it to open with Windows' built-in unzip feature, then download WinRAR and open it with that. http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-...4-10007677.html

If you're on a Mac, Stuffit should be able to open it.
Test Subject
#100 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:41 PM
Do you need the CAS sliders for this?
I will download it just in case,and thank u for sharing this amazing and creative robot/servo with us,cuz its perfect! :D

Never regret something that once made you smile :)
Page 4 of 10