Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Servo from The Sims 2

by Esmeralda Posted 21st Feb 2010 at 8:19 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2015 at 9:55 AM by Esmeralda : Some changes to text

245 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 212 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 10
Test Subject
#151 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:27 PM
any way this could be made to replace those ugly looking new simbots? because that would really be great.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#152 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by V92
any way this could be made to replace those ugly looking new simbots? because that would really be great.

I don't know - I don't have Ambitions yet, so I don't know if it looks like that can be done or not. From the photos I've seen of the Simbots, they look ugly to me too! Servos were much cuter. Hopefully maybe someone will work out how to do a default replacement of Simbots with other robot meshes! Or, if there's a way to get a Simbot into CAS via some mod or hack, it might be do-able that way.
Test Subject
#153 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 5:51 AM
could it be possible to replace the simbot skin from ambitions with this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#154 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrykZ

See the comment right above yours!
Test Subject
#155 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 2:52 AM
Holy... I am amazed! Thanks so much!

What do you mean, "I can't"? I don't understand the meaning of the word "Can't".
Test Subject
#156 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrykZ

I can verify that you can replace the simbot with the servo skin, all you have to do is download "Nraas super computer", after that you can go into CAS via the games pc and change the look of the simbot. Works really well it almost looks like the animation of the simbot is meant for the servo, also since simbots don't have any clothes you dont have to worry about them ever changing out of the servo clothes. Hope this helps :D
Test Subject
#157 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:39 AM
i do use the super computer and actually never though of that
cheers
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#158 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jason712
I can verify that you can replace the simbot with the servo skin, all you have to do is download "Nraas super computer", after that you can go into CAS via the games pc and change the look of the simbot. Works really well it almost looks like the animation of the simbot is meant for the servo, also since simbots don't have any clothes you dont have to worry about them ever changing out of the servo clothes. Hope this helps :D

Thank you for this info, Jason, I'll be trying this myself now that I've just bought Ambitions!
Scholar
#159 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:50 PM
Sorry to be so picky, but, seeing as how SimBots have an invisible head, would it at all be possible to scale your Servo head down to its original OFB size? Not to replace the slightly larger head of your own Servo, but as an alternative

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#160 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Sorry to be so picky, but, seeing as how SimBots have an invisible head, would it at all be possible to scale your Servo head down to its original OFB size? Not to replace the slightly larger head of your own Servo, but as an alternative

Thanks in advance

Hi, sorry, I won't be doing any further work on this creation as it was made several months ago, I consider it finished, and have moved on to other projects. However, if Simbots use an invisible head that can actually be accessed by modders (prior to Ambitions I'd been told by experienced modders that null heads were not yet possible in TS3), then feel free to experiment with making a smaller head yourself!

I love your Qwerty Qzetl sim, BTW - so cute! Hope to see some more creations by you here.
Scholar
#161 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 12:02 PM
Thanks for your compliment and quick reply. I'll try messing around with the head, and sorry to bother you. BTW, as soon as Mimosa, a town I'm contributing to, is finished, I'll make a couple more "freaky" Sims Oh, and love all your work, especially your Avatar :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#162 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 9:33 AM
Would mods changing Servo's body in TS2 change Servo's body in TS3? No, right?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#163 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chimpy
Would mods changing Servo's body in TS2 change Servo's body in TS3? No, right?

'No' is right! TS2 mods only work in TS2. TS3 is coded completely differently.
Test Subject
#164 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 5:12 PM
wow this is amazing!! :-D
The only question i have is do they age? (i'm just downloading him now)
Test Subject
#165 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 6:02 PM
Hi Esmeralda. In my game, the servo body and head don't show up, but the saved sim the the servo is supposed to be based on shows up without the parts (i.e. a sim with blue skin and a narrow head but no robot body or head). I have tried deleting and re-downloading just the body and head multiple times, but they still don't show up in game, just the sim.
I have a Windows Vista - could this be the problem?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#166 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IllegalSimmer
Hi Esmeralda. In my game, the servo body and head don't show up, but the saved sim the the servo is supposed to be based on shows up without the parts (i.e. a sim with blue skin and a narrow head but no robot body or head). I have tried deleting and re-downloading just the body and head multiple times, but they still don't show up in game, just the sim.

Are you looking in the Adult sim bin, not the Young Adult sim bin? Servo is an Adult (see Overview page).
Test Subject
#167 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 9:02 AM
Great mod EsmeraldaF now all I need is a simbot Bender from futurama and then ill be all set yet again nice work works great with the simbot :D
Field Researcher
#168 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 7:16 AM
If you have Ambitions and give the Servo the Frankenstein/Simbot trait with mods, it doesn't have to be Never Nude because it doesn't need to shower. :D

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#169 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
If you have Ambitions and give the Servo the Frankenstein/Simbot trait with mods, it doesn't have to be Never Nude because it doesn't need to shower. :D

Thanks, that's useful to know!
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:36 AM
About Servo sleeping in a bed: couldn't you mod the mummies sarcophagus into a recharging station?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#171 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaeger
About Servo sleeping in a bed: couldn't you mod the mummies sarcophagus into a recharging station?

I don't know, give it a try and see! Alternatively, you could make your Simbots wear my Servo skin, and use this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407036
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#172 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IllegalSimmer

Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Are you looking in the Adult sim bin, not the Young Adult sim bin? Servo is an Adult (see Overview page).

Actually, sorry, just read this again and realised that if the ugly blue man with the skinny head is showing up, then you are looking in the right bin. As to his 'clothes' (body and head) not showing up, no, this has nothing to do with Vista - I run three installations of TS3, one in XP, one in Vista and one in Windows 7, for testing purposes, and he shows up fine in all of them. I think you'll need to check the procedure you're using for installing .package files, make sure you're putting them in the right place - see my Overview page under 'INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS' for a link to full instructions.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 6:30 PM
This is just awesome. Your the bomb! ^^
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 1:56 PM
I have them in my game - only thing is that there seems to be a glitch on both male and female on their left leg - there is a piece flapping out from them and it only doesn't show if you zoom close into the game - is this the shoe issue or something else?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#175 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silvertora
I have them in my game - only thing is that there seems to be a glitch on both male and female on their left leg - there is a piece flapping out from them and it only doesn't show if you zoom close into the game - is this the shoe issue or something else?

Ah, I think I know what you mean - I only noticed it very recently when I played TS3 on another computer at a low detail setting (I normally run the game at the highest detail). It seems to be a bug in a lower-detail mesh which is used when zoomed out if the game is running at a lower resolution than the resolution I run mine at - I wouldn't normally see it and it was only by chance that I did. I'll fix it as soon as I get a chance - it should be fairly easy to fix but am currently ill and unable to do any creating - as soon as I'm better, I'll upload a fixed version.
Page 7 of 10