Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Servo from The Sims 2

by Esmeralda Posted 21st Feb 2010 at 8:19 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2015 at 9:55 AM by Esmeralda : Some changes to text

245 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 212 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 10
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#201 Old 22nd May 2011 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alackey
now that we can build simbots is there away to build servos instead of simbots? or build both?

No. Servos don't exist in TS3. The only thing you can do is to build a simbot, take it into CAS (or a dresser for the outfit and a mirror for the hair), and make it wear my 'Servo' sim's fullbody outfit and hat hair (servo head) so that it looks like a servo.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#202 Old 30th May 2011 at 10:38 PM
You Are Awesome my friend
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
No. Servos don't exist in TS3. The only thing you can do is to build a simbot, take it into CAS (or a dresser for the outfit and a mirror for the hair), and make it wear my 'Servo' sim's fullbody outfit and hat hair (servo head) so that it looks like a servo.

you cant edit an already made simbot in CAS whether you're using cheats or the mirror/dresser. in short: there is absolutely no way to actually see a real simbot in either CAS, plan outfit mode, or change appearance mode. I just have to find a mod that lets me!

i love MTS :)

Moogloo88

The Sims 1 <3 this brings back memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiz...feature=related
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#204 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moogloo88
you cant edit an already made simbot in CAS whether you're using cheats or the mirror/dresser. in short: there is absolutely no way to actually see a real simbot in either CAS, plan outfit mode, or change appearance mode. I just have to find a mod that lets me!

You definitely can with mods. Sorry, I was wrong about the mirror/dresser suggestion - I've always used Awesomemod and always take my sims back into CAS using Awesomemod's 'editsim' command rather than using a dresser or mirror. I assumed you could take a simbot to a dresser or mirror to change its appearance like regular sims, but having now tried it, I see that that you can't. See below where I changed a simbot into Servo in CAS using Awesomemod's 'editsim':

Twallan's Master Controller also has an Edit in CAS option - I haven't tried it with simbots but my guess is that it would work with simbots too - you could try it and see.
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 8:27 AM
You definitely can with mods. Sorry, I was wrong about the mirror/dresser suggestion - I've always used Awesomemod and always take my sims back into CAS using Awesomemod's 'editsim' command rather than using a dresser or mirror. I assumed you could take a simbot to a dresser or mirror to change its appearance like regular sims, but having now tried it, I see that that you can't. See below where I changed a simbot into Servo in CAS using Awesomemod's 'editsim':

Twallan's Master Controller also has an Edit in CAS option - I haven't tried it with simbots but my guess is that it would work with simbots too - you could try it and see.

well yeah i meant vanilla you cant, but i just got the master controller and i have yet to find out if i can edit them!

i love MTS :)

Moogloo88

The Sims 1 <3 this brings back memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNiz...feature=related
Test Subject
#206 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moogloo88
well yeah i meant vanilla you cant, but i just got the master controller and i have yet to find out if i can edit them!

Also it make it look better with simbot voice and sound when walking.
Test Subject
#207 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 10:07 PM
The head is too big.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#208 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspanner
The head is too big.

That's because it's not possible to make it smaller - unless you use custom slider hacks. You can try the head size slider from this set: http://www.modthesims.info/d/378416 . I chose to make it without hacks but people can always use hacks if they want the head to be smaller.
Test Subject
#209 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 4:03 PM
Default maxis no longer works for the sims
Quote: Originally posted by cbryant911
Wow, thanks I've always wonder why Maxis didn't put the Servo in TS3, anyways thanks for sharing this great creation.

Your Right But the reason is probaly because maxis doesnt own the sims brand any more.
they gave it up to The Sims Community.(a separate division of EA games)
Test Subject
#210 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarinoKadame
Also it make it look better with simbot voice and sound when walking.

look for the sims 3 Ambitions and create a Sim Bot and give the Sim Bot this clothing.(the simbot has a voice like a alien.)

or look up SimTransformer in Downloads...The download will tell you all. :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#211 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 5:43 PM
thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#212 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 6:35 AM
I love this but, when used on my simbot it can't be repaired. I just reset the simbot whenever it fails. This looks excellent though.
Test Subject
#213 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 12:28 AM
how are they even able to take showers? [epic confusion]
Test Subject
#214 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 8:41 PM
Do you think you could update it for the recent patch? When I play my servo body disappears.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#215 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jikan1
Do you think you could update it for the recent patch? When I play my servo body disappears.

Hi there, I'm really baffled by that - works fine in my game, which is patched up to date! The body is just 'clothing', and clothing wasn't affected by the latest patches. What exactly happens when the outfit disappears - is it after you've done something in particular? Are you using any mods like maybe a 'no censor' mod that isn't up to date? I just have no idea why the body would disappear!
Test Subject
#216 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 7:41 PM
Hi there, I'm really baffled by that - works fine in my game, which is patched up to date! The body is just 'clothing', and clothing wasn't affected by the latest patches. What exactly happens when the outfit disappears - is it after you've done something in particular? Are you using any mods like maybe a 'no censor' mod that isn't up to date? I just have no idea why the body would disappear!

That's not all. Almost all of my CC hairstyles disappears and just appear as a buzz cut.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#217 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jikan1
That's not all. Almost all of my CC hairstyles disappears and just appear as a buzz cut.

Wow, that's weird. I can only suggest you remove all your cc and then add them in one by one to see what works and what doesn't (tedious, I know). Have you tried Delphy's Dashboard? That could help - it can detect corrupt cc - it's not infallible, but it does pick up quite a lot of corrupt stuff: http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006 . Good luck!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#218 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 2:56 AM
Wooo! Thanks so much! *bows*
I can't believe Servo was replaced by some rusty robot as a lifetime reward! You think you could replace the appearance of that reward robot with this? That'd be awesome!

Thanks for all your hard work!
Test Subject
#219 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 2:59 AM
Right! I read more comments and can change the simbot's look with this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#220 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 11:17 AM
Thanks! (though i never exactly used or saw an actual Servo...)

wonder if i can use cheats to get it on a simbot...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#221 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 11:38 PM
This is awesome! It looks completely, one hundred percent, the same! Thanks! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#222 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 5:42 AM
You rock, sweet Esmeralda!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#223 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 6:34 PM
I literally love you! Thank you!