Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Game Selector 3.0 Support for "Into the Future" and "Movie Stuff"

by ralphaelninja Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 4:52 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:43 PM by Nysha

149 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 90 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#51 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 10:34 AM
This is a wonderful tool. I have tried it and it works lawlessly or me. It was good you came up with it. Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdonisPluto
This is a wonderful tool. I have tried it and it works lawlessly or me. It was good you came up with it. Thanks

I didn't come up with it…. but I did improved it by supporting the latest versions of the EP and SPs out there and making it easier to use.

I'm glad you like it…
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 2:04 AM
thankyou sooo much i have been waiting for this for 2 years you have just saved my computer !! no more straining my computer (i use every sp and ep at once)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 3:11 AM
This seems like a really useful mod, especially to those who have invested in lots of expansion packs that do nothing but make their PC lag. Thanks.
Scholar
#55 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 3:33 AM
It ain't workin on my computer (Pc, Windows 7 32bit) (By the way that ain't my real accent) :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nick-the-Greek
It ain't workin on my computer (Pc, Windows 7 32bit) (By the way that ain't my real accent) :D

It will work if you use the latest version the 1.01 one just under the old version in the download. I've left the old version in the downloads just because it still works and to let people know that hundreds of users are using the program safely.

Please download the v1.01 version and it will work with Windows 7 32bit, regardless of your accent
dodgy builder
THANKS POST
#57 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 11:35 PM
I just installed this one. I was wondering if it was possible to make something I could use with CAW. Like say it makes a new game folder for me, so I can activate CAW and run EIG with the exp and stuff packs I want in my world.

Another thing I wanted to say is, my game frequently crash and when I have to close it with alt+ctrl+del, I can't open it again. Apparently it wasn't properly closed so it asks if I would like to wait. I guess I have to restart the comp then. Would that be possible to fix?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I just installed this one. I was wondering if it was possible to make something I could use with CAW. Like say it makes a new game folder for me, so I can activate CAW and run EIG with the exp and stuff packs I want in my world.

Another thing I wanted to say is, my game frequently crash and when I have to close it with alt+ctrl+del, I can't open it again. Apparently it wasn't properly closed so it asks if I would like to wait. I guess I have to restart the comp then. Would that be possible to fix?

One of the reasons that I did not integrate my utility with auto renaming the Electronic Arts Folder is that you can do that yourself quit easily. Just rename the "Electronic Arts" folder to whatever you want and have the Sims 3 game create a new one for you. When you want to change back to your old saved games, simply swap the names of the folders.

Yes, I know that I could automate this and I perhaps I might create a profile system like another program does. Let me think about this and perhaps I could make it a little more elegant then simply a rename procedure.

In regards to the closing of your game with alt+ctrl+del, the Sim Game selector should still be on your desktop somewhere and if you cannot see it, use alt-tab to tab to it. If you still cannot find it, right-click the taskbar and start task manager and look for "SimGameSelect.exe *32 under the Process tab and right click the process and click either "go to service" or "end process".
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 7:05 PM
Thank you so much! I have WA, AMB, LN, Pets, and Seasons. As soon as I installed
Seasons my game played fine for 30 minutes and then stalled indefinitely. (Which I figured was due to lack of ram left over.) This is very useful because now I can knock out EP's I don't need like WA and free up memory! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 2:15 PM
Hi, this sounds awesome and I want to try it but I was wondering about something. If I want to only play with Seasons and I have built a house that has items from another expansion pack or stuff pack (lets say Pets or Outdoor Living Stuff for instance) will that stuff be replaced by something from the Base Game or will it still appear?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMCITIZEN4
Hi, this sounds awesome and I want to try it but I was wondering about something. If I want to only play with Seasons and I have built a house that has items from another expansion pack or stuff pack (lets say Pets or Outdoor Living Stuff for instance) will that stuff be replaced by something from the Base Game or will it still appear?

If you are using stuff that is not part of the current selection of EP/SP, then yes those items will be replaced with base game items such as windows, doors etc. The university introduction basket is replaced with a Gnome. Even Aliens from seasons if you abduct them into your family will simply change into green sims.

If you don't save and you simply play and exit the game, the items will be there when you add back the EP/SP or you can save to a new game then you can have two versions.
dodgy builder
#62 Old 9th Apr 2013 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ralphaelninja
One of the reasons that I did not integrate my utility with auto renaming the Electronic Arts Folder is that you can do that yourself quit easily. Just rename the "Electronic Arts" folder to whatever you want and have the Sims 3 game create a new one for you. When you want to change back to your old saved games, simply swap the names of the folders.

Yes, I know that I could automate this and I perhaps I might create a profile system like another program does. Let me think about this and perhaps I could make it a little more elegant then simply a rename procedure.

In regards to the closing of your game with alt+ctrl+del, the Sim Game selector should still be on your desktop somewhere and if you cannot see it, use alt-tab to tab to it. If you still cannot find it, right-click the taskbar and start task manager and look for "SimGameSelect.exe *32 under the Process tab and right click the process and click either "go to service" or "end process".

I do have different folders now, I guess caw use the game settings so I can have a folder and run this program along side caw and eig, thanks I didn't think about that. I'll check out the other one as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 8:43 PM
Hi! Can I play The Sims 3 Only with your mod? Thanks in advance
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 8:46 PM
Oh, I guess I can since I can select or unselect an expansion pack. Thank you for this
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 1:45 AM
you are quite welcome for this… I'm currently still playing only the base game despite the fact that I bought every ep/sp during EA half price sale. The option to quickly load all ep/sp is a blessing.
Test Subject
#66 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 1:48 AM Last edited by abstractillusioniste : 24th Apr 2013 at 2:59 AM.
I have a question about disabling the Pets expansion...what happens to pets in households? If I add the Pets expansion back, then will I have my pets back with no problems at all? Is there a chance that I will lose all progress with them (like hunting stats and such)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by abstractillusioniste
I have a question about disabling the Pets expansion...what happens to pets in households? If I add the Pets expansion back, then will I have my pets back with no problems at all? Is there a chance that I will lose all progress with them (like hunting stats and such)?

If I remember correctly, if you save your family without the pets and pets EP, you will lose your pets even if you add pets back in. Also if you have aliens, vampires etc in your family, your alien member converts into a normal sim but stays looking like an alien but without the alien attribute.

Just don't play with your family that has pets if you disable your pets ep, or at least don't save.
Test Subject
#68 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ralphaelninja
If I remember correctly, if you save your family without the pets and pets EP, you will lose your pets even if you add pets back in. Also if you have aliens, vampires etc in your family, your alien member converts into a normal sim but stays looking like an alien but without the alien attribute.

Just don't play with your family that has pets if you disable your pets ep, or at least don't save.

Okay, I get it now Thanks so much for replying so fast
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 1:16 AM
Love it, thanks.
Test Subject
#70 Old 30th May 2013 at 1:10 AM
I think this is a great program but i can't use it because i have a mac could u please try it on a different platform? if not don't worry but i think it looks great !
Test Subject
#71 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 9:05 PM
Thanks for this tool! It works great.
The only issue I've had is I can't exit buy/build mode to go back into live mode without the game freezing on me. I then have to end the process in task manager to get it to close.
I'm not sure if it's just me, but it might be worth looking into.
Again, thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TayThePanda
Thanks for this tool! It works great.
The only issue I've had is I can't exit buy/build mode to go back into live mode without the game freezing on me. I then have to end the process in task manager to get it to close.
I'm not sure if it's just me, but it might be worth looking into.
Again, thank you!

If your game is freezing and you need to end the process in task manager, you might try using just the save function (under save) then exit the simgameselect program and just using the normal The Sims 3 launcher.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Surfie163
I think this is a great program but i can't use it because i have a mac could u please try it on a different platform? if not don't worry but i think it looks great !

Although I do use a mac (not for games), I have no idea how to write a program for Mac maybe someday...
Test Subject
#74 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 2:10 PM
I think this utility is great and I'm thinking about writing one for mac.
But I need to know exactly how you did hide the expansions on the PC (eg. what game files did you change etc.), so I can map this to the MAC version.

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 8:38 PM
You know who superman and batman were ? Heroes. You are much more than that. Thank you very much for this fantastic tool ! :D
Page 3 of 6