Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Game Selector 3.0 Support for "Into the Future" and "Movie Stuff"

by ralphaelninja Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 4:52 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:43 PM by Nysha

149 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 90 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#101 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 12:27 AM
You are welcome everyone!! yes the choppiness with all eps/sp running was my main reason for creating this program and keeping it up to date with the latest EP/SP; most other programmers just disappeared without an update.

Thanks Chili46 on the gotchas and of course the issue of choppiness is solved with my program :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#102 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
Hi, I've read most of the comments, and cannot figure out if this program supports different mod configurations like Any Game Starter; for clarification, I would like to run different games with different mods installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thnx

No, this program is really basic in that it only hides or unhides EPs/SPs from the system. Once you have hidden or unhidden the games, the settings remains permanent until you set them again; thus there are no configurations, or sets of configurations that must be remembered or stored.

Any Game Starter is much more complicated in that it groups together these configuration files which basically makes it really really confusing if you use tools like create a world.

Once you have hidden or unhidden your games, it is as though you never had those games installed. The save game structure remains the same and you can add or remove mods as you please. This keeps the function of what this program does very simple without having configuration sets that basically renames your directory and creates a big mess as you wonder where your mods went.
Test Subject
#103 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 6:17 PM
Hi! Hey, this is great, but I have a Mac… I know, I know, it's not the best for gaming but it's what I have: is there a Mac version I'm not been able to find? I did read that for Mac we should use Keka to unzip it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#104 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tandrael
Hi! Hey, this is great, but I have a Mac… I know, I know, it's not the best for gaming but it's what I have: is there a Mac version I'm not been able to find? I did read that for Mac we should use Keka to unzip it.

Although I am a Mac user too, I haven't really looked into programming for Mac and it would be doubtful that I would in the future. I don't believe that there are any game selector for the mac at all.

Here is a thought... Most programs on Mac are self contained in .app packages, try renaming the ep and sp apps to some other name to see if that would remove them from being activated? Give me a shout back to see if that works?
THANKS POST
#105 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 7:11 AM
This is great for doing challenge games where certain EPs are detrimental to the rules! thanks!
Test Subject
#106 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 6:44 PM
I really don't understand why there are no instructions that make sense. I click on the file, it goes to one of my data discs, I click on it and there is no way to 'extract' anything. I'm on a Windows 7 64 bit, and I have 7zip installed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#107 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rikki8528
I really don't understand why there are no instructions that make sense. I click on the file, it goes to one of my data discs, I click on it and there is no way to 'extract' anything. I'm on a Windows 7 64 bit, and I have 7zip installed.

I use the tmp= path to extract the program files automatically which usually goes into the tmp folder on your c: drive. If this path is anything else, then it might be trying to extract the program data into your data discs.
dodgy builder
THANKS POST
#108 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 9:57 PM
Just throughing in my 2 cent here. I'm running the game with different game folders and change exp and stuff packs to use with each game, or perhaps even if I work on two different houses in the same folder. Remembering what packs I used on the other hand, I leave that to Google sheets

Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
Hi, I've read most of the comments, and cannot figure out if this program supports different mod configurations like Any Game Starter; for clarification, I would like to run different games with different mods installed. Any help would be appreciated. Thnx

I have different mods in them all, they are all totally different games with different downloads, CC, mods you name it.

Thank you very much for the restore option, I was a bit anxious there for a minute. I hope I will never need to reinstall anything.
THANKS POST
#109 Old 8th May 2014 at 8:07 AM
it's great
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#110 Old 21st May 2014 at 5:17 AM
This looks really great
any chance of it working for a mac?
I cant get any kind of access to origin to reinstall my expansion
thought this could be a way around it

thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#111 Old 23rd May 2014 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kazzila
This looks really great
any chance of it working for a mac?
I cant get any kind of access to origin to reinstall my expansion
thought this could be a way around it

thanks!

try renaming the app packages to something else to see if that would keep it from showing up and vice versa (renaming it back to see if it shows up).
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#112 Old 30th May 2014 at 10:15 AM
Thank you ever so much for sharing this! Now when I wish to I can play just the base game and choose which if any EP or SPs to add :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 12:57 PM
it's great
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 4:06 PM
YEAH!!! Just what I needed, BIG THANK YOU!!!
YOU REALLY SAVED MY LIFE!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 2:25 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:17 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:25 PM
My computer is so bogged down when I load in, I really needed this!
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 8:04 PM
The Game Selector somehow messed up my game and computer so I was wondering if there is anyway to reverse the changes it made to my computer. Can you please help me?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:20 PM
I have wanted something like this for a loooong time! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 12:37 AM
Just what I've been looking for to test out my base game only map, big thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 9:11 AM
AWESOME Thankyou so much now i can download all of my sims expantion packs and not have all of the gliches
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 3:46 PM
Thank you so much! I've been wanting something like this forever and stumbled across your's by accident, best random find ever :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#123 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 5:38 AM
Thank you for the thank you' thought I drop by to say hello and to see who is still playing sims 3; I might actually go back to playing sims 3 since Sims 4 pretty much closed the door on creativity...
dodgy builder
#124 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ralphaelninja
Thank you for the thank you' thought I drop by to say hello and to see who is still playing sims 3; I might actually go back to playing sims 3 since Sims 4 pretty much closed the door on creativity...

I have been using this for a long time now, and it works a treat. I agree on ts4, it's really not for creative people, and I don't like being told what to do with cheats and stuff. I would have liked cfe, but apparently someone has decided it's too unstabil.
Test Subject
#125 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 6:20 PM
can you make this work for Macs?
Page 5 of 6