Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS3 Clean Start for Steam and Origin (PC only)

by Seraeya Posted 27th Jan 2019 at 10:02 AM - Updated 30th Jan 2019 at 4:00 AM by Seraeya : Updates to information.

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
#26 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedSmiley
I don't use either of these, but you can always use the CleanStartSims3NoLauncher.7z version, then start you game as you normally do.

Thats what I ended up doing - works like a charm! Thanks for the insight
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 6:10 PM
This right here is a life saver! This keeps my otherwise buggy game running smoothly and mostly bug free. I had no idea that deleting folders and resetting stuff would help the game. You've saved my sims generational stories from annihilation. Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 5:35 AM
Much appreciated. The chugging that was slowly killing my desire to play has all disappeared.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 8:15 PM
thank you very much! I use it from the very beginning and this is a huge time saving!
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 11:32 AM
Running this causes origin to insist I activate the 'unknown game' instead of opening the launcher. Is there a way around this?
Forum Resident
#31 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 5:51 PM
I'd like to use this, but does it overlap in any way with Kuree's Save Cleaner?

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
I'd like to use this, but does it overlap in any way with Kuree's Save Cleaner?

I looked it over, but I'm not sure what the save cleaner does, exactly. I doubt there will be a problem, since this program does not touch your saves in any way. I'd still recommend making a backup of your files before experimenting, just to be safe.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Seraeya
I looked it over, but I'm not sure what the save cleaner does, exactly. I doubt there will be a problem, since this program does not touch your saves in any way. I'd still recommend making a backup of your files before experimenting, just to be safe.

Looking at the page for it (I needed a full refresher, myself)...
Quote:
"1. It will delete all the SNAP TS3 created for each sim in the game. However, the game itself will not delete these images even though they are no longer in use and that's part of reason why the save is so big. Don't be panic! When you play the game, TS3 will re-generate all the necessary SNAP.
2. When you travel and come back, all your memory is backup but not deleted. Consequently, your save have many duplicated pics. It will delete these duplicated images without influencing your save."

I have 1.1 (which is preferable to 2.1/2.2 since that version apparently throws errors and/or overzealously deletes pictures you take with the camera in World Adventures).

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 7:42 PM
A great utility.
Test Subject
#35 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 1:56 AM
If you want to use it for a manually installed game, simply replace the Steam ID/Origin ID with something along the lines of "E:\Games\"Sims 3"\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe"
Set it to your own install folder, of course, but that does it for mine. This launches the game directly and doesn't require Steam/Origin.
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 8:25 PM Last edited by addamay123 : 10th Oct 2020 at 8:23 AM.
Thanks so much for writing this! I don't use steam or origin though and I got annoyed manually launching it each time so I added the line:
start /d "C:\Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin" TS3W.exe
to the end of the batch file so it would launch the game from the batch file directly like it does for the origin and steam versions
Of course, the path may be different for others but it's not a bad framework. This way, you don't need to replace any info on the Steam/Origin launchers and instead can directly use the manual install version of the file.
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 4:54 PM
Does this work on pirated version of the game? If yes, please instruct me how to install this. I'm a noob in computer and seeing these programs terrify me to change my game but this is really needed. Thanks in advance.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 2:18 AM
I swear I've used this before without any problems, but after installing Sims 3 to a different hard drive, every time I run the game using this tool, I get a Service Initialization Failed number (0x02957b48)-error, which forced me to reinstall the entire game once (before I figured out I could just use Steam's scan game files-function).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 11:57 AM
I REALLY need this! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 8:01 PM
will this work with the new EA desktop app?

You can call me Crimson. It's shorter. 8y
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Jan 2023 at 1:57 AM
Default let's say it was my mistake
Quote: Originally posted by Lareiielle
will this work with the new EA desktop app?

Greetings, I read about your tool and I said that it was interesting, maybe this will help me with the problem of error 12. Anyway, I put the tool, the version of cleaning files, first in the root folder of the game, I saw that it did not work, then I put it in the download folder and it worked , then run the launcher that makes my game go to 60 fps and it didn't work, it gave me an error then I said well I run it normally with origin and it gave me the same error now I have to reinstall my game it's somewhat annoying since I have modified files but Anyway, I'll try again if it gives an error, it's not my business anymore, regards
Page 2 of 2