Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Knitting for TS3 - Interaction and Skill

by zoe22 Posted 15th Aug 2021 at 5:24 PM - Updated 25th Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by zoe22

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gilraen_tinuviel
Have you thought about adding skill books?

It has crossed my mind, but not thought too much about it. I'll think about adding them, but in some ways I feel like with the limitation of what you can actually do with the skill, it's not totally worth it

Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
If you ever need some snippets of code on adding clothing support or anything, feel free to let me know!

Will do thanks! Though it will probably be a while away :p

Quote: Originally posted by palguna31
I hope someday you release the flower aranging table too since the sims 3 doesn't have it!!

I would love that object too, though I think it would be a lot of work :p

Quote: Originally posted by Amber<3
is there any chance that you could make it compatible with their sewing table? I just think it'd be really cool if you could actually knit the knitted pieces of fabric to sew stuff out of

You can actually do this already with S3PE! If you can find the OBJD resource of the fabric, right click and Copy ResourceKey to get the resource key.
In the KnittedObjects XML, add a new <KnittedObject> section and add the resource key to the right tag, fill in the values for the others, and then it should show up in game as an object to knit with
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 3:54 PM
I just about jumped out of my chair last night when I saw this. I'm a guy knitter and knew I just had to have this. My sim is already practicing.
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 12:21 PM
Default Swedish (Svenska) translation! :)
Awesome mod!

Here is a Swedish translation
Attached files:
File Type: txt  STRINGS_for_knitting_swedish_translation.txt (5.0 KB, 13 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 12:07 AM
Maravilloso MOd.
Aquí va la traducción al español latino
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1la...iew?usp=sharing

Saludos desde Argentina
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 1:06 PM
Thank you for this great mod! Here are the strings of traditional Chinese translation. ^^
Attached files:
File Type: txt  STRINGS_CH.txt (4.9 KB, 11 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 10:59 PM
Default German Translation
Thanks for this awesome mod! I translated it to German so even more simmers can enjoy it :-)
Attached files:
File Type: txt  GER_STRINGS_EN_PLEASE_TRANSLATE.txt (5.3 KB, 15 downloads)
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 4:14 PM Last edited by T1gerCat_2018 : 22nd Aug 2021 at 12:02 PM.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I can't find the knitting needles or the knitting bag. All I can find, both in the grocery store and the buy mode is the ball of yarn. Where is the rest supposed to be, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place or something.

Edit 22/8/2021: Turns out I had to reboot the game to load all objects and interactions. zero clue why but that's what I did and everything now works as it should. Thanks for taking the time to create the mod and CC Zoe :D
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Aug 2021 at 12:29 PM
@T1gerCat_2018 they both should be in hobbies/skills either via room > study > hobbies and skills or function > entertainment > hobbies and skills
If you can't find them still, you could try using delphy's dashboard to see if some other cc is conflicting and maybe that's why it's not showing up.
Let me know if you're still having trouble
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 8:20 AM
Aw, how a cute mod! This is perfect for my old granny, sitting at the fireplace and knitting away!
Also, here's the Finnish translation :D
Attached files:
File Type: txt  STRINGS_FI.txt (4.9 KB, 5 downloads)

Good, Eco-friendly, Vegetarian, Green thumb, Cat person, Equestrian, Bookworm, Perceptive, Childish
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
@T1gerCat_2018 they both should be in hobbies/skills either via room > study > hobbies and skills or function > entertainment > hobbies and skills
If you can't find them still, you could try using delphy's dashboard to see if some other cc is conflicting and maybe that's why it's not showing up.
Let me know if you're still having trouble

Turns out I had to reboot the game to load all objects and interactions. zero clue why but that's what I did and everything now works as it should. Thanks for taking the time to create it :-D
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 9:29 AM
@zoe22
Thank you so so so so much for this mod! It's so cute and adorable <3 (:
I have one questions though : If I put it in game right now, and you update it at some point with added gameplay or stuff like that, is it possible to just swap the old one with the new one and restart the game (after cleaning caches)?
Or do I have to start a new save game then? I'd love to put it in my game but don't want to lose my save if you update your mod.
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 6:17 PM
Hiya @Fluse
I am pretty sure that any updates to the mod should be fine to just swap the old packages with the new ones (and clearing caches particularly scriptCache).
The skill data should all be the same so I don't think there will be a problem, though perhaps the stats would reset if I add in challenges but to be honest I have no idea, they might be completely fine :p
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 11:49 PM
Hi, Thank You Much for this unique add on to My game. Everything seems to be working with it other than I have No Option to "Get Wool From" when I click on Lyralei's Sheep. I have left a message there as I was not sure where the issue came from.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 12:53 PM
@zoe22 thank you for your reply (: I am looking forward putting your mod in my game Thank you so much for your work and for sharing <3
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 12:31 PM
Thank you for this mod!
I made Russian translation
Attached files:
File Type: txt  STRINGS_EN_PLEASE_TRANSLATE - Russian language.txt (6.0 KB, 29 downloads)
Instructor
#41 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 1:57 PM
I'm so excited for this I'll open my game to actually play for once instead of just testing (and yelling at) new cc Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 3:57 AM
Default Option to Remove 2Hr Auto Stop for "Practice Knitting" function . . . Please.
Quote: Originally posted by DavidNps
Hi, Thank You Much for this unique add on to My game. Everything seems to be working with it other than I have No Option to "Get Wool From" when I click on Lyralei's Sheep. I have left a message there as I was not sure where the issue came from.
. --- So far the Only thing unpleasant with the Knitting Function is the Tight 2 Sim Hour Time Limit when trying to "Practice Knitting" , Then comes the Bad Moodlet and a few hour Time-Out from Knitting. I would Adore seeing an Update to allow option to Turn it Off , Extend the Time Limit on Practice Function.. or to have that limit removed from the item. I Still Have Not had the Collect Wool from Sheep show up for Knitting use.
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 11:12 AM
Hey @DavidNps
There isn't a 2 hour time limit, but after 2 hours of knitting, there is a chance every knitting animation loop, that the sim will get the dizzy moodlet. Both the base time and the chance per animation loop can be tuned by editing the xml or by using NRaas Retuner
Also, collecting the yarn from the sheep is entirely handled by Lyralei's mod, so that will be a question for her, as long as the yarn is showing up in your game in the first place.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 7th Sep 2021 at 11:30 PM
Default French Translation !!!
Here is a French translation for your mod, Merci
Attached files:
File Type: txt  STRINGS_FR.txt (5.1 KB, 7 downloads)
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 1:17 PM
Hey @SecretX ! Thanks for your translation
Though Emilie234 did do a French translation too which I added to the package. Did you just miss that, or is there a problem with the translation in game? Let me know if there is, because maybe something is wrong with the STBL if it's missing :p
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 2:41 AM
Hey! I did Russian translation
U can see it here in comments
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Hey @DavidNps
There isn't a 2 hour time limit, but after 2 hours of knitting, there is a chance every knitting animation loop, that the sim will get the dizzy moodlet. Both the base time and the chance per animation loop can be tuned by editing the xml or by using NRaas Retuner
Also, collecting the yarn from the sheep is entirely handled by Lyralei's mod, so that will be a question for her, as long as the yarn is showing up in your game in the first place.

------- Thank You for the tip re Nraas Retuner. I have a number of Nraas Mods (found only a year or two ago, MAJOR Game Changers in the best way) but had Not heard of that one before. I am downloading that after this reply. I have a 3 sims on vacay in Champs le Sims , each has knitted often on this trip, Max Time-out is Barely 1.75 Hrs, then they get the Bad Moodlet and stop. this is the first item I can recall with a time-out like this, especially so quickly. Even on home-world lots the Most My Sims get is a couple minutes shy of 2hrs for Knitting. ;-( I am realllly hoping Retuner can help. Love this item other then the uber-short time limit.
Senior Moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 7:19 PM
@aurulin I will update the files with the Russian translation sometime soon, thank you for making it
@DavidNps Retuner should help, but if you find it easier to edit the XML, it just requires opening the package with S3PE, and editing the XML in Notepad, to extend the base time before getting the moodlet/reducing the chance. But maybe for the next update, I will lower the values a bit so by default sims can knit for longer before getting tired
Test Subject
#49 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 3:48 PM
Thank you for the super mod and I'm adding a translation to Czech. It was translated by my uncle for the first time, so maybe everything should be fine
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Czech.txt (5.8 KB, 7 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 7:07 AM
thanks a lot for making this in 2021! Truly thank you~
Page 2 of 4