Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Artemide "Chimera" - *First object with multiple custom lights!!!

by Numenor Posted 11th Jan 2006 at 11:27 PM - Updated 20th Oct 2008 at 2:22 PM by -Maylin-

222 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 216 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Instructor
#51 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 5:40 AM
Thank You so much for sharing!
Banned
#52 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 5:44 AM
Yaaaay! These are nice and vibrant! I'm gonna download them right now! :D
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 5:53 AM
This is amazing!
Thank you :D

From all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#54 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 6:52 AM
This is a definite must have, like zeroth 'I am such a sim-modern-furniture junkie... ' and these lights are just amazing.
Thanks Numenor and MaryLou for this fantastic creation

nengi65 :bow2:

Retired from Simming
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 7:23 AM Last edited by andracab : 12th Jan 2006 at 7:42 AM.
Numenor & Marylou...Thank you so much for taking the time and great effort in creating these beautiful lights!
They're gorgeous!

*Edit*..I've just looked at the website, where you got the lamp idea from, and I have to say, your lamp looks even better! :D

www.derianhouse.co.uk This site is for Derian House Children's Hospice. They give top quality care 24 hours a day/365 days a year, to children who have terminal and life threatening/shortening conditions.
Scholar
#56 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 7:49 AM
I would have taken the lamp just because of how pretty it is but with the added functions... yet another amazing creation! Thanks Numenor!
Inventor
#57 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 8:05 AM
Thank you very much for sharing. On SunairSims, you can find another custom colorable light.
Test Subject
#58 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 8:14 AM
Numenor, you are a genius! :-) Thanks for all your creative work.

I hope this signature isn't too long. ha.
Test Subject
#59 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SmsLvrGrl
You won't find it in the Sims2 folder in your "My Documents," but look in your programs folder on your main hard drive, for example: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData

BRAVO, NUMENOR!!!

Great stuff once again!

I'm sorry, I'm not good w/computers..i'm still confused as to where TSdata is =/
#60 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smlah2005
I'm sorry, I'm not good w/computers..i'm still confused as to where TSdata is =/

SmsLvrGrl said this in a previous post on the 2nd page:

Quote: Originally posted by SmsLvrGrl
You won't find it in the Sims2 folder in your "My Documents," but look in your programs folder on your main hard drive, for example: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData

BRAVO, NUMENOR!!!

Great stuff once again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you muchly for this, and for many reasons - if I hadn't been randomly looking for downloads, and found these awesome lamps, I wouldn't even have realized a new CEP was out. :dunce:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UK1967
On SunairSims, you can find another custom colorable light.

On SunairSims (that has wonderful objects btw, thanks for the link) there are only few lamps, and all of them cast plain white light. In particular, there are a "light computer" that seems to cast coloured light, but actually isn't a lamp at all (it "simulates" the projection of light on a surface, but it emits no actual light).
And there is also a floor lamp with interchangeable coloured bulbs: but you can only change the exterior look of the bulbs: you can put red bulbs, but the lamp will always cast white light.

This lamp is way more complex: not only it casts coloured, custom-defined light, but you can change the colour of the light itself (the walls, the objects and the sims around will tint in the same colour of the light).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#62 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by musikenchantress
SmsLvrGrl said this in a previous post on the 2nd page:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you muchly for this, and for many reasons - if I hadn't been randomly looking for downloads, and found these awesome lamps, I wouldn't even have realized a new CEP was out. :dunce:

I know what she said, (which is why i quoted her) but from the description i'm still lost. like, how to explain, where do i go first to get to the c:/program files when extracting the .nol
Forum Resident
#63 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 9:10 AM
this is really neat, thanks for creating it for us!

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof-V
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 9:31 AM
i dont have the file needed and i even went back and reinstall CEP 3 and still the ts date file isnt there any help would be appreciated thanks a bunch. crouchygirl.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 9:33 AM
:smash:
Wow, this's so beautiful and well made...

::Damn, now I've one more type of build object to make lots closer to what I've been wanting...::
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 9:51 AM
Well I did find the ts data on my C drive was looking in the wrong place i went to the ts data and to res then to lights saw nothing that said CEP custom lights. i put the file in where it said lights. hopefully thats all i have to do. thanks everyone. and thanks numenor for this gorgeous light i only hope i did it right. crouchygirl.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 9:53 AM
hmmmmmm pretty lights!

Check it out.....
HERE
DeviantArt

Don't forget to comment,mean a lot 2 me
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 10:14 AM
Congratulations on more innovation Numenor

( Here comes the request for a favour ...... ) Seeing as you're good with object lighting , I was wondering if there wouldbe any way you could fix the computer screens in the game please Ever since installing Nightlife the computer screens ( when being used by sims to chat to other sims and read emails etc ) have been unrealistically dull rather than brightly ( and correctly ) lit like they used to be before Nightlife . If the computers are placed outside then the screens show up brightly once again , but how many people use computers outside ? When placed back indoors ( where they should be ) the screens are so dull that you can hardly see what's on them . This problem seems to affect all of the computers too ( the Alienware , the cheapo one and that pop up screen thingummy-bob one too ) . Is this bug fixable please ?
Test Subject
#69 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 10:15 AM
I have a question for you....Numenor? Why don't you just move into my sims game?
I already have a folder just for you in my in-game download section and multiple ones in a large folder where I keep everything TS2 related.

Once again.....thank you for your creativity!!

At my computer looking in
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
#70 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 10:23 AM
...this is simply stunning...another piece of pure genius......(and people wonder why I LOVE working with you on projects) ....you really are THE MAN!
Field Researcher
#71 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 10:47 AM
Thanks all for compliments.......

For everybody asks TSData and CEP3_CustomLights......
You can find them on:
your game directory ( ex C) .../EA Games/The Sims 2 /TSData/Lights/CEP3_CustomLights
This is important to fixing bug on NL.

The are 2 files into the zip file
Numenor_Artemide-Chimera.package
Numenor_Artemide-MezzaChimera.package
The Chimera's file doesn't work without Mezza Chimera's file
You need boht of files and put them in your Downlaods folder.

Remember: if you have only TS2 you don't download the "Chimera_Light_Definitions.zip" but only the "Artemide_Chimera_lamps.zip"

Than you'll find the lamps in the lights category: FloorLamp and TableLamp

Sorry for my bad english. Hope you understand me.
Thanks again, it was an hard work but it was wonderful working with Numenor !

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
#72 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 11:29 AM
Default ¿ Esto que es ?
¿ Esto que es ?.... ¿ una làmpara ?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 12:19 PM
Awsome! I can finally finish my modern houses!
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 12:22 PM
You never cease to amaze me, Numenor!! I think the Numenor folder in my Downloads folder is almost as full as the Buntah folder LOL

This is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it looks great, sitting next to the tanning bed ;-)
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 12:27 PM
Great job! I can't wait to use it!
Page 3 of 9