Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Smaller Closure Door

by HugeLunatic Posted 26th Feb 2011 at 8:12 PM - Updated 1st Feb 2012 at 8:21 PM by HugeLunatic

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 51 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
#26 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 3:43 PM
Working now! Thanks so much for making and fixing these.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#27 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:34 PM
wonderful, just what I needed
Thanks a Million!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 6:06 PM
Finally someone's made this! Thanks so much
Theorist
#29 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Hmm... everybody I know who has a double garage has two separate doors. Could be a regional thing though I guess

My parents have a double garage with one HUGE door. Very common where I grew up... in the NorthEast and the Great White North.

Lunie, perfect!! Been looking for a smaller one for ages ~~hugs~~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 7:18 AM
yay!! thanks for fixing the file, I was so sad when it didnt show up in the game.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#31 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 9:42 AM
Thanks very much for this. I love building homes but if you want to add a garage door that doesn't bleed into the house you must build it on 6 tiles so that it's even in the middle of the wall. Now I can use less space for my garages and they won't be wider than the actual homes.
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bordew5
Thanks this is great, you should make a 6 tile door next.

I
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
My parents have a double garage with one HUGE door. Very common where I grew up... in the NorthEast and the Great White North.

Lunie, perfect!! Been looking for a smaller one for ages ~~hugs~~

It is indeed very common here in the midwest.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 9:46 PM
Well, it's about time! Thank you so much! Now when I make a "retro" home it'll actually look retro!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 11:23 PM
This is THE single greatest object available for the game! Thanks from someone who builds very small houses on very small lots!
Instructor
#35 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 6:33 AM
Thanks a lot for fixing! Only now I've realized how incredibly lame the car animations are in Sims 3... what's with the car going into the inventory instead of the garage!?
:p

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 5:13 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE This - the diagonal is just awesome! Thank you and hope your headache is gone
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 10:11 AM
Headbangin himm i had made this and uploaded on tsr a month ago also made double garage and new bauhaus style garage doors in small normal and double
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 9:45 PM
I've waited for this for so long! It'll be that nice edge to make my homes more realistic with a double garage (one small door, one normal sized door. Thanks!
Test Subject
#39 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 10:20 AM
I'm also not finding it in my game - What was the solution?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bobbert_
I'm also not finding it in my game - What was the solution?

If you haven't redownloaded the files, do so.

As well as deleting your cache files (the usual with CC).

Good luck!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
Thanks a lot for fixing! Only now I've realized how incredibly lame the car animations are in Sims 3... what's with the car going into the inventory instead of the garage!?
:p

I've noticed they do that sometimes if your Sim visits a lot with no place to park so when they get home the car returns to the inventory instead of the parking space.
Usually dropping it back onto the parking space fixes it until the next time they visit a lot with no parking.

Thanks for this HL. I'm going to give the new file a try as I couldn't get it to show previously either.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:21 AM
Very useful, thx a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 4:30 AM Last edited by ericb : 20th Apr 2011 at 5:02 AM.
bless your heart for this one...big thumbs up...
edit, however, it is not showing up in game. I definitely have it in the right folder. Am I missing where its located in game? Is it not under "doors"?
Any help is appreciated. I can't wait to get the smaller garage doors in game.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 5:59 PM
Test Subject
#46 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 1:18 AM
when its in my game and i put any garage door in a wall with a roof, the doors turn black -- no matter what colour they really are. Reinstalling...hope it helps b/c i love this soo much
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#47 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 1:38 AM
Mad Poster
#48 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 2:52 PM
And a bug that they deny exists. I contacted them about it and after a week of messaging back and forth they blamed it on my graphics card.

Although, that being said, they're not black in your game are they? Or are you using the trick of having lights placed near them on the inside?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:47 PM
I have no idea how to fix them, but its with all garage doors that have a ceiling. Is there any fix? Because i built my entire house around my garage lol. Im SOL. Any help pleeeease!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#50 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 4:52 PM
It's a bug that only affects some games, regardless of graphics (ati or nvidia). And yes, EA refuses to acknowledge it.

They are black in my game, I use building cheats to get rid of it. Placing lighting inside never works, for me at least. When building a garage start with one square of foundation, then use cfe to make it normal wall height, then build remaining garage with normal walls. The foundation piece tricks the room into being lit properly, I think by it thinking it is not enclosed since your using two different wall types. You *must* build the foundation piece first, before any walls and you *must* leave the foundation piece there to keep it from turning black.
Page 2 of 4