Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 3:09 AM
annoainthere ~ thank you for that definately going to start this tonight! it'll be a nice change from my main rotation
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 4:37 PM
I love this! I'm totally going to do this. Is anyone else doing this? I'm going to blog the results at http://sims2storyville.wordpress.com
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 5:13 PM Last edited by lasweetiebloom : 26th Jul 2012 at 5:56 PM. Reason: adding on
Sounds like a super fun challenge! Probably will have to print the rules so I can remember it all!

I have a few questions, after playing for awhile (My founder is an elder and her children are all children and older):
1. If you're Founder rolls to be alone and to not work, why are they allowed to move in a best friend? I was unlucky enought to get this but I chose to not add anyone else, for the challenge! But in the rules, it says that they're allowed to move someone in, but that seems to be a contradiction.
2. Can the Founder just use an NPC as a breeder (for lack of a better term) if they aren't allowed to move someone in? Every time I tried to adopt, it said I didn't have enough money, so I just used Darren Dreamer as the dad for the kids.

Anyone else get a Founder who couldn't work and had to live alone?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 12:38 AM
I started this challenge and all is well! My Sims currently have 3 children (two more to go!) and the rest of the challenge. I'll post pics tomorrow or later tonight.
Inventor
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 7:05 AM
I'm starting this challenge as well. I'm also playing a Random Legacy in TS3, but I wanted to be able to play something a bit less restrictive. This fits the bill, so I'll be playing both the Random Legacy in TS3 and this in TS2.
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 1:23 PM
Thanks for a really clear explanation. I'm quite excited about this challenge now!
Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 5:56 PM
Sounds amazing! I really need to give this a try ^^
Test Subject
#33 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 4:18 PM
Started this yesterday! I wasn't sure i would like not having much control, or using a die... but It's been fun! I never use glasses on Sims, i was so upset having to use them every time so far, but I've gotten used to it, and really enjoy this family in their glasses! So far I've been pretty lucky with my rolling, except for when i had to have 6 children.. I'm 4 kids in so far, and it's easier when they're babies, but has become a lot more challenging, space, and renovations needed, thank the die for the hubby's starting money. have one child, a toddler, and twin babies, 2 more to go. also thank the die dad wasn't allowed to work. anyways very much enjoying this, thanks for posting it! I just woke up very excited to continue playing and had to let people know the enjoyment i'm getting out of this dice challenge!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 4:30 AM
Nice challenge! I'll be posting progress here: http://portsim.blogspot.com/ . This is also the very first challenge I'm doing.
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 8:28 AM Last edited by xiang012 : 11th Jul 2019 at 9:11 AM.
Since I got back to Sims 2 lately, I might be doing this too, I'll post some pictures when i get to it.

Edit: Here they are
There you can see my foundress, Tanner Vasquez.
When I rolled the dice, aside from her name, her appearance came out the following: female, darkest skin, thin, custom hair, no hat, custom eyes, no glasses, make-up, family aspiration. She's living on a 2x4 lot. The house I build for her is also shown.
She's going to work in business in 4 days.
Also, she wanted to marry, and since I decided to choose fitting spouses from amongst the sims already living there, she fell in love with Denise Jacquet. Her sexual orientation is homosexual and her criteria for a spouse was a surname beginning with J.
They 're going to have 4 children, the third being the heir. So far, their first son, Alessandro, was born.
He's going to enter private school and is allowed to work as a teenager.
So far so good. If you're interested , maybe you want to have a look at my currently created blog?
https://xiang012.wixsite.com/thelatesimmer
Mad Poster
#36 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 6:04 PM
Wonder if original poster is still around. I just can't understand some of the rules. As in post 3: "NOTE!..up the same for generation 2, to swim to live alone and not work, then you get to live on their money", and "Since it is not permitted to move out swim from the land" -- anyone figure this out?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Wonder if original poster is still around. I just can't understand some of the rules. As in post 3: "NOTE!..up the same for generation 2, to swim to live alone and not work, then you get to live on their money", and "Since it is not permitted to move out swim from the land" -- anyone figure this out?

Maybe it was just an auto type error? Seems to me she probably wanted to write "sim". I wouldn't wonder if my autofill wouldn't recognize this word
Mad Poster
#38 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 11:49 PM
Even if "swim=Sim", too much of the directions are too off for me to understand.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 2 of 2