Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 2:36 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 4:31 PM.
Default We Are Pleased To Inform You, That You Have Been Accepted to Hogarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Hello all )
I, being the massive Harry Potter fan that I am, have always wanted to find a way to incorporate my favorite storybook characters into the sims. Well, by god I think I've done it! This is my first challenge, so if you decide to try it out please tell me about your succeses or failures. I would love to know! So, I made this while trying to do a Harry Potter themed legacy, and I was thrilled when I tried it again and it worked!

!!!APARTMENT LIFE IS REQUIRED!!!
TESTERS WANTED

Starting out:
Make two adult sims of either gender. These sims will now be referred to as the professors. The professors can have any appearance and personality you wish and have any name. The name must start out with Professor. Like if his/her name is Linda, you would put Professor Linda. It is recomended these sims be a knowledge sim. You may give your sim a cat or a dog if you have pets. Cats are preferred, as they are more common throughout the Harry Potter series. Before moving in your students, your professors must be extremely magical and neutral, so that they are fine with good magic and bad magic. You can use cheats to make your sim magical, but I'm not sure there's a way to cheat to get their power bar up. If you go to the Hidden Magical Castle thing you can study magic without aging, so that would work.

Building:
Move the professors into an empty lot of any size you think would be appropriate for your institute of magic. I would recommend 5 by 5, in case you want to splurge and make a magnificent castle. You can make it any size or quality that you would like but must include or not include the items below:
Must Include:
A Great Hall (Dining Room)
Kitchen (Butlers are allowed as a replacement for house elves)
Entrance Hall
Library
4 Class Rooms
1 Astronomy Tower
4 Common Rooms
4 Dormitories (Boys and Girls have seperate dormitories)
2 Bathrooms for each Common Room
2 Professors Offices
2 Professors Quarters'
Some Form of Entertainment non electronic: Chess (recommended) , Easel, etc.

Must NOT Include:
A TV/Computer/Gaming Device/Any Electronic (Interferes with the Magic)

Your Students:
You will use 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' to spawn a tombstone of life and death from one of your professors. From the tombstone, select add a teen to family. Add 6 girls and 6 boys for 12 in total. To see who is in which of the four Hogwarts houses, look at their aspirations.
Family: Gryffindor
Romance: Slytherin
Knowledge: Ravenclaw
Fortune: Slytherin
Popularity: Hufflepuff
Pleasure: Gryffindor (If you don't have it then it's fine)
You MUST make sure there are at least two sims in each house, if there aren't, you'll have to cheat and change their aspirations, which I think can be done with the sim modder. You're sims must be wearing the same clothes in four different house colors, the actual uniforms can be downloaded on the sims 2 website.

Gameplay:
Assign one professor to be the regular teacher and one to be the astronomy/potions teacher. You must develop a schedule for each house. If you do not want to take the time to do so, use mine below:
6 AM: Breakfast
8 AM: Gryffindor Charms Class.
8 AM: Slytherin Potions Class.
10 AM: Hufflepuff Charms Class.
10 AM: Ravenclaw Potions Class.
12 AM: Lunch.
3 PM: Gryffindor PotionsClass.
3 PM: Slytherin Charms Class.
5 PM: Hufflepuff Potions Class.
5 PM: Ravenclaw Charms Class.
7 PM: Dinner
12 PM: Astronomy (Gryffindors: Monday; Slytherin: Tuesday; Hufflepuff: Wednesday; Ravenclaw:Thursday)
Your astronomy teacher will double as your potions teacher as there is nothing for him to do during the day. He should also have max logic . During the times that your house down't have a class, that is their free period.

Charms: Your sims will go to their class rooms (There should be one for each house) with the charms professor and study magic for the two hours. Try to reach the top by the end of the teen years.
Potions: Your sims will return to their class rooms and work on building potions ingrediants. They will work on a different ingrediant each day, so that by the end they will have a good amount of different ingrediants. This goes until the end of the teen years. Try to have ten of each ingrediant by that time.
Astronomy: Your sims wil work on the telescopes for two hours. Try to max out logic by the end of the teen years.

If your sim is behind on something, they can spend weekends and free periods catching up. Your sim will have weekends off, so they are able to have fun if they are caught up.

Ending:
The challenge ends when your sims grow up into adults or they die Which won't happen btw! There is a point system, but you don't have to follow it, I think the challenge is hard enough. But for people who like it tough, here goes:
+10 Points for every sim who never misses a class
+20 Points for every sim that maxes logic, has 10 of each ingrediant, and maxed the power bar
+10 Points for every sim who never goes to red.
-10 Points for every sim who goes to red.
+10 Points for every alien abduction
+10 Points for every sim who reaches adulthood in platinum.
+5 Points for every sim who reaches adulthood in gold.
-20 Points for every sim that doesn't max logic, doesn't have ten of each ingrediant, and didn't max power.
-10 Points For every fire
-10 Points for each burgulary

Okay, this seems way confusing to me, and I made it. If you wanna try it, go ahead. Give me feedback!!!
Any questions, please just ask. I don't bite too often xD
Thanks! -Prunecess :P

"Of course this is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?" ALBUS PERCIVAL WULFRIC BRIAN DUMBLEDORE.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" Molly Weasley.

To my French class, I am known as Ron Weasley. Because we are a cool bunch.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 12:47 AM
Too bad I don't have apartment life. I would have tried this challenge

Call me Isobel

*hates recorders, no-touch-the-baby mommies, and lost dice"
Theorist
#3 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 1:05 AM
I really like this, but I'm really busy with school at the moment, so I probably won't try it out for several weeks. Looks good though, I love Harry Potter too.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 1:07 AM
I think I might try this because I love Hogwarts and stuff like this, plus I have AL!
Of course I have a few questions.
Can we use hacked objects to get our sims magical and/or their skills up? You say that the astronomy/potions teacher has to have max logic, there's a TV I downloaded here that can change the skill level of Sims, so could I use that and then delete it?

Do the students in each house study good or bad magic or just neutral?

Can the students cast spells on each other?

I assume you would need an anti-school hack/mod/thingy, right, to fit all that into the day. I do already have one of those, thankfully!

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Nut
I assume you would need an anti-school hack/mod/thingy, right, to fit all that into the day. I do already have one of those, thankfully!

Would this hack prevent the teens from having to go to their actual school without consequence?

And can we create our own teen Sims?

(Using a cheat, you can have more than 8 Sims in a family, but you'd still have to create at least one adult. When the time comes, I'd like to merge the teen-filled family with the professors and then move out the adult I needed to create, unless having 12 teens with the same last name is a no-no.)

Ask me about my Luigi Largo Sim.
I'll tell you about the Satanic snowman he made in college. And how he loves cleaning the toilet.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=400724
Here for WIN.
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 10:02 PM
NavyBabe: I used the night-school hack. I have never had my sims go to night-school, just used it so that they didn't have to go to school (during the day, they are in night school, then I switch and they go to public school during the night.) So no consequence.
You can get the school-changer needed to use this hack here.

tumblr
Site Helper
#7 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 10:15 PM
As long as you are setting up the whole school system anyway, why not get Inge's school mods from simlogical (http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...ims2_School.htm )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:23 PM
What I did was I downloaded a hack here on mod the sims 2 I think its called the Teen PC or I might be confusing it with something completely different but it allows your teens to quit school. Also, since teens can't be taken by the social worker just have them miss the bus every day.
Yes, you can make your teen sims, but please randomize their aspirations.
You can cheat for the professors skills, but not for the teens. The point of the challenge is for them to max magic skill and logic skill. There is no challenge without that
For Sims2Nut, yes, you can use the TV, but please delete it afterwards. The students can cast spells on each other, but not to kill. I do not think Dumbledore would be too happy I think it might be fun to make Slytherin bad and Gryffindor good, but no neutrals because all sims start out neutral so all you would have to do was get high magic skill. It's also about maxing the good or bad bars. I would probably do it Slytherin bad and the rest good, but if you want to do it evenly I would make ravenclaw the second bad. Not that I have anything against ravenclaws,*cough* Cho Chang *cough* whore *cough* Sorry, I'm getting a cold

"Of course this is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?" ALBUS PERCIVAL WULFRIC BRIAN DUMBLEDORE.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" Molly Weasley.

To my French class, I am known as Ron Weasley. Because we are a cool bunch.
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:32 PM
^ Okay, I'm gonna do this challenge after Easter because I gave up Simming for Lent... but it sounds really fun!

tumblr