Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2014 at 10:44 PM Last edited by simsrsexy : 4th May 2014 at 3:58 PM.
Survival - A Sims 2 Challenge
Survive - A Sims 2 Challenge
(Similar to the single parent challenge)

Back-Story - He made her life miserable from the day they said I do. A living hell to be exact. Now ten years, two children and an unexpected twin pregnancy that left her hospitalized from his rage later she knew she had to escape. The threat of loosing the twins due to his anger and seeing the bruises on their daughters when she returned from the hospital had made it even plainer. No more excuses. She had no choice but to grab her children in the middle of the night…. And run.

Challenge -

1. Create A Family. (a mother, a child and a toddler)

2. Move them into a small home (OR create your own.) No more then a 2 bedrooms to start! Additional rooms can be built later as needed not to exceed 3 bedrooms.

3. The mother CANNOT work outside the home. She cannot afford daycare or a nanny for 4 children and so she MUST find a way to make money from home to enable her to take care of her children. (She can open a home business, paint and sell them, etc.)

4. Children MUST share a bedroom. (With no job how can you afford each child to have their own rooms?)

5. Children may only have 1 toybox and 1 teddy bear to start.

6. Each child MUST have their own beds.

7. Children May Attend School.

8. You MAY have a pet of your choice. Either created in CAS or adopted.

9. Have your sims move house every so often. (After all the threat of him finding her is always lingering over her head. Especially after the harassing phone calls start.).

10. No visiting locations or vacations other then the hospital (if you choose in your story) or school.

11. You can use custom content, excessive money cheats, health cheats, motive cheats are not allowed you can use twin cheat.

12. Have fun!

13. The game is over (and you win) When the twins grow to young adults and move from the home.

14. If anyone of the children or the parent dies, or if any of the children are taken by the social worker you loose.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

SCORE SYSTEM:

POSITIVE SCORES:

+ 100 for every toddler who learns to walk
+ 100 for every toddler who learns to talk
+ 100 for every toddler who learns to use the potty
+ 100 for every toddler who learns his/her nursery rhymes
+ 200 for every child and toddler who gets to bed on time
+ 500 for every aspiration maximum.
+ 1,000 for every child & teen who finishes homework, does well in school and makes honor roll. (A’s).
+ 2,000 for every teen who moves out and attends university. (If you do not have the university expansion once they finish school and move out.).

NEGATIVE SCORES:

- 200 for each toddler who does not learn to walk
- 200 for each toddler who does not learn to talk
- 200 for each toddler who is not potty trained
- 200 for each toddler who does not learn nursery rhymes
- 400 for every child, toddler, and adult who “Pass out”.
- 1,000 for every aspiration failure.
- 2,000 for every child and teen who fails school
- 2,000 for every teen who does not move out and go to university after high school.
- 2,000 for teen pregnancies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:28 PM
So you cheat to get her pregnant with twins? And then life as usual. What's the challenge?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2014 at 3:58 PM
I think in Sims 2 you can use cheesecake to have twins if you do not want to use a cheat. Challenge is to survive with the bare minimum and raise the children to the best of your ability. Without ANY help. I made a score chart but I am not sure if it is that great lol. I have never made one before. Edited original post to add it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th May 2014 at 10:23 PM
I think as a beginners challenge that is okay. I would add a sliding level of difficulty. As it stands that isn't that hard for seasoned players.

To make a sliding level you can add as well as being pregnant with twins she could have 2 kids or 2 toddlers or both.
At set up I would make him- otherwise where is this dead beat? Set them as married, cheat the pregnancy, then set them as enemies so at least he comes and steals her paper and kicks her bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 11:13 PM
I agree with joandsarah77 *is not ashamed that she is 17 months late*
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 12:24 AM
^ I see what you did there.