Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 7:46 PM Last edited by UltraKait : 24th Aug 2015 at 7:30 AM. Reason: Fixing a mistake in starting the challenge
Trailer Park Challenge [Requires Apartment Life EP]
Ey, guys. So I kind of made this challenge on my own while playing TS2 in Belladonna Cove. I hope you enjoy it, and be sure to ask any questions and I'll edit this to answer them :3
A/N: This challenge requires Apartment Life with the city of Belladonna cove! I will post a separate challenge that doesn't require AL. Also recommend downloading the InTeenimater mod. I have it. You'll need a method of getting a child for your teen.

The Backstory___
You are a single mother/father of a toddler living in the city of Belladonna Cove. You had a child while in highschool and your parents kicked you out so you had to raise the child. You started out living with friends for a little while, but it was time to live on your own. You're child is about 2-3 years old, and you've been out of school for about 1-2 years. --If you are a guy, then the mother left the child with you and skipped town. If you are a girl, then the father just left you alone with this kid to deal with.--

Getting Started___
Start off with one teen sim --male or female- (Their age is around 18-19. You want a teen for job purposes too.)
Make them have cheap looking clothes and a shabby hair style. Nothing glamourous. You're broke, right?
Give them the fortune aspiration. Personality can be however you want.
(Since you are going to have a teen sim living alone, you'll have to have one adult sim too. So, just make a random adult, no need to customise. Move in the family, and then move the adult out.)
Now for the baby. After you move in, you'll need a method of getting a child for you teen. Option One: Download the InTeenimater mod. Search it in google and it'll be easy to find. Option Two: use a bunch of cheats and such**. --Do NOT use the WikiHow tutorial on getting a pregnant teen. It does not work and you'll just be spending a half hour messing with cheats--

**How to create a teen parent with cheats:
  1. Create two adult sims and move them in
  2. Ctrl-Alt-C, boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. *you may want to enable testingcheats before moving in, or you'll have to go into neighbourhood view and then back into your family*
  3. Shift+click on either sim, click spawn, click Tombstone of L and D.
  4. Click 'have baby with...' and choose the other sim in the household.
  5. click the stone again and click 'speed up pregnancy' then just fast forward
  6. once your sim has the child, shift+click, spawn, more, sim modder.
  7. click on the baby doll that spawns and click set age for whoever you plan to play as and choose teen.
  8. shift+click the baby and click Make selectable/unselectable until you can play as the baby.
  9. click the sim modder while playing as the baby and click set age... toddler.
  10. shift+click one of your sims again and click spawn, rodney's death tombstone.
  11. Kill off the sim you don't want to be the single parent
  12. delete all of the cheat spawns.

Home Lot___
You've moved into the trailer park in the ghetto part of Belladonna Cove. You want the cheapest trailer there. So, rent it and buy a few cheap baby things. --The Trailer park is in the very obvious ghetto section of the city. It's called "Main Street Mobile Homes" and it's diagonal from the Sims 2 water tower. You'll see the green apartment shaped 'plumbob' hovering above it. You HAVE to live there and you HAVE to live in the cheapest trailer.--

Money Things___
(This is why you need a teen sim) You are only allowed to have a part time job. It has to be one of the lowest paying ones, and it cannot be one of the special ones that come with the Expansion packs. So, if that means you don't immediately get a job, then so be it.
--Jobs you can have: Business, Criminal, Culinary, Slacker. *notice these are only the base game ones*--

Rules___
*Note: Any broken rules result in failing the challenge. Also, there are no points for this challenge. You can make some up if you like.**
1) After moving in to a trailer and buying baby furniture, you must use family fund to bring your money amount down to 1000.
2) You are not allowed to have any jobs but the ones above.
3) You cannot sell paintings or dig for treasure.
4) You can sing and recite poems in coffee shops.
5) No money cheats are allowed except for when you are setting your money at 1000
6) You are not allowed to use any other cheats period.
7) Once again, you have to live in a trailer and it must be the cheapest one.
8) You have to buy groceries at least once a week. --Can be as many groceries as you like--
9) Since you are a teen, but are supposed to be around 18-19, you have to cancel the go to school action. --You're going to grow up badly, but thats a given even if you would have started as an adult--
10) You have to have 50000 simoleons before you can move to the rich area of Belladonna Cove
11) You cannot order groceries, you must buy them from ONLY the Swift n Thrift mini mart.
12) You cannot go to any community lots other than Central Park east, Center Drip Coffee Shop, Swift N Thrift Mini Mart, and Desprit Deals Clothing Store until you've earned 5000 simoleons.
13) You cannot buy clothing until you've earned 2500 simoleons.
14) Since you live close to the one you are allowed to go to, you can only walk to community lots until you've earned 10000 simoleons.
15) You aren't allowed to buy anything you don't need until after you've paid rent, bills, and bought groceries for the week.

Goals___
Basically, the challenge is over once you move to the rich area of Belladonna Cove and live in the most expensive house or apartment. It's up to you whether you live there or not. --The rich area of belladonna cove is on top of the hill in the northern region of the city. It's pretty flashy, you can miss it.
If you have University, then the challenge isn't over unless your child goes to college, too. --Basically, you don't want them to end up like you, so you want them to do better--

How you know you failed___
You've failed if:
1) You broke any of the rules
2) You're child is an adult before you've made it to the rich area of Belladonna cove
3) You didn't send your child to college. --only for university players--
4) You've been evicted.

You should have a lot of fun with this challenge. I really love the challenges that involve being really poor and working your way up! I hope you do too. I'm gonna start doing this right now, myself. :D