Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 9:00 AM Last edited by moonlight_frog : 18th Jun 2020 at 5:32 AM.
Default Teeny Bopper Challenge
Based on a teen pregnancy show on TLC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtg...1Tfj99rNMwelRdn
A YouTube Comment: "Colonel Breadsticks
2 months ago
If they keep this up they’ll have 15 generations all living at once"

They say poverty and teen pregnancy are cyclic and run in the family. See how many sim generations can live all at once using teen pregnancy!

Cheats/ Mods:
The only cheats/ mods allowed that affect gameplay (cosmetics or not actively used mods are allowed):
1. unlimited household (pretty much required unless you're okay with a cap)
2. mods that allow for teen pregnancy like Inteenimator or Chris Hatch's pregnancy controller (pretty much required unless you want to play an adult only version, but that would make a lot fewer generations)
3. mods that make the game harder, not easier (kind of subjective, optional, and not limited to just these- these are just some examples off the top of my head e.g. taxi costs money, no 20k handouts, miscarriage, Chris Hatch adjust pregnancy relationship- this makes it so that it's possible for partners and parents to be angry at the pregnant sim, higher taxes). Jealousy mods can only make things harder, not easier. Try not to use ACR or turn it off for that neighborhood since it makes the breeding so much easier.
4. You can have both gender pregnancy installed, but you have to designate one gender as the impregnator and one gender as the baby-carrying parent for the entire challenge (this is to make it more fair for people without that hack installed). E.g. if you choose boys as the impregnators, then girls are the pregnant parents. If a boy gets pregnant, then it does not count towards the generations (yes, you have to keep track of that with that mod installed). If a girl impregnates a girl, then it does not count towards the generations.
5. Welfare mods (like Monique's child support) can be installed, but you have to turn them off or get rid of the money (familyfunds, buy landscaping/ useless objects, or another money editing mod/ item). They make getting money too easy, so try not to use them.

Restrictions/ Allowances:
1. Move in is allowed for getting a sim pregnant, but then you have to move that parent out once they give birth. No other move-ins allowed. It's basically a single parent and the single parents before them challenge. A cycle of deadbeat and poor role model relationships are key, LOL. Move-in funds from suitors are allowed to be kept, but you can only move them in if you plan to breed with them (so no moving in permanently or when they're elders/ infertile). I guess you can potentially have a golddigger sim.
2. No lifespan changing mods. No aspiration rewards or career rewards. No going to college.
3. No marriage, unless you have a cheat that makes married sims live apart from their spouses or you move them out as soon as they give birth. Going steady or getting engaged is allowed.
4. Adoption is allowed, but doesn't count towards the generation toll since it's not through breeding. Edit: Children who are taken away no longer count towards the generations either since they can only be retrieved through adoption or cheats and would potentially have a changed family tree if through adoption.
5. Alien pregnancy is allowed, but doesn't count towards the generation toll because some people have easier and both gender alien abduction hacks, which isn't fair to people without those.
6. Pets are allowed.
7. Aspiration and secondary aspiration benefits are allowed. Hobby benefits are allowed. Business rewards are allowed.
8. If you move out descendants or the starter sim, then you have to rotate evenly between your main household and their households to make sure natural aging is continued, so it's simpler if you don't move them out.
Edit: 9. It was implied, but to make it clear, all gameplay should be done from the challenge household(s), so no breeding or romancing through another household, for example. This is so that the gameplay subtracts from the challenge sims' ages. I guess you can still go on community lots, though, but it has to be through the challenge household. You can make partners in CAS or use other sims in the neighborhood as partners if you want, but they have to start out on other lots before you romance them (so they have to be strangers or townies before the challenge sims meet them; no preexisting relationships formed through cheats or CAS).

Gameplay Rules:
1. Make a starter sim or use a standalone sim.
2. Move them into a decently-sized lot that can potentially contain a lot of sims.
3. Get them pregnant, or if they're the impregnator gender, move in their potential partner, get them pregnant, then move them out. The generation counter starts at the birth of your second sim.
4. Raise your second sim to teenhood (or adulthood). Optional (and probably easier for timing purposes and finance purposes) if you want your first sim to have other kids or a career. Those other kids can also have pregnancies, which can potentially count towards the generation tally.
5. Get your second sim (or their sibling or half-sibling) pregnant or get them to move in someone else and then impregnate them, then move the partner out.
6 Continue this cycle of raising and popping out babies as soon as they reach a breedable age until your second sim (or their last remaining sibling or half-sibling) finally dies, then tally up the generations! The challenge should last about a sim lifetime or a little more than a sim's lifetime depending on when the second sim's generation dies out.

Scoring:
Very simple-
Subsection of living gens- 1 point for every generation you get that is alive starting with your second sim (or their sibling or half-sibling).
Subsection of total gens- 1 point for every generation that was born starting with your second sim (or their sibling).
Total score- Add both subsections.
0 points if your starter sim dies before having the second sim born, LOL.

Example scoring:
Zero gen: Starter sim and starter sim's partner (let's say Adam and Eve). Eve gets moved in, gives birth, then moves out. Adam wants another kid, so Eve moves in again, gives birth, and then moves out.
First gen: Second sim (let's say Cain). Second sim also has a sibling (Able).
Second gen: Cain never had kids, but Able has a kid (Sarah).
Third gen: Sarah has five kids (Amy, Betty, Boop, Carl, Carol). Able dies, but Cain is still alive. Sarah dies.
Fourth gen: Betty has a kid named Timmy before Cain dies.
Fifth generation: Timmy gets a girl pregnant, but Cain dies before she gives birth. All the descendants of Able except for Sarah are alive.
Final score: This makes 3 living generations stemming from Adam (our starter sim); the 5th does not count, and Sarah's 2nd got wiped out before 1st gen died. 4 generations total. This equals a score of 7.

If you got this far, thanks for reading!

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 12:24 PM
I think ACR set to always try for baby might make things a little more chaotic.

Are there any money restrictions? I'd probably set it on a small lot (something like the Broke trailer) and allow only entry level jobs. And no painting/crafting for money, at least not if they are any good at it. Sims get rich way too quickly
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
I think ACR set to always try for baby might make things a little more chaotic.

Are there any money restrictions? I'd probably set it on a small lot (something like the Broke trailer) and allow only entry level jobs. And no painting/crafting for money, at least not if they are any good at it. Sims get rich way too quickly

It's ultimately up to you if you want to tweak the challenge for your own gameplay (challenges are ultimately for your enjoyment, after all!), but I think ACR makes it too easy to reach the next pregnancy required to advance the generations. E.g. in a game without ACR, you might need 3 days to romance a sim up to woohoo level-> pregnancy. In a game with ACR, you could do that in a couple of sim hours.

Like I said, you can use mods or cheats that make things HARDER, not easier. Like, don't use kaching or motherlode because that's making things easier. You can use things to take away money, though, like higher taxes. Those are just examples. I do think adding a poverty element would make it more realistic and more challenging, but that's optional. I like your idea about trying to limit the finances. Glad you're thinking about it!

Please check out my Challenge Blog: http://thesimmingfrog.blogspot.com/

Ongoing Challenges: Test of Time (TOT), Post-Apocalyptic BACC (PABACC)
Finished Challenges: Bachelor, Try to Survive

Check out my TOT Family Trees!