Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 1:34 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 4:58 AM.
Default Repo-Challenge
Alot of mods get easier as the game goes along because restrictions are lifted...

This one is the opposite.

Story: The government screwed up somehow and the postal service has stopped working properly all over the country. This means that bills go out, but money never goes in. The government, not realizing their own mistake, retaliated to the lack of money by sending repomen to take all of the stuff that people own.

How it works- Basically you play the game normally, except you never have to pay taxes. You have more money, but, of course, the Repoman keeps coming to take your stuff.

Once he's taken something, you cannot own any more of that item. For example, if he steals a specific type of chair, and you have more than one of that chair, you have to sell the rest of them and you cannot ever buy that type of chair again.

Over time you will obviously start to run out of stuff.

The only exception is Sim-made objects like robots and such, you can own as many as you like no matter how many the Repoman takes, but the workbenches are not excepted.

To win, you need to raise a family until you have one living sim at the top of every adult career (I mean that you have one person at the top of criminal and one person at the top of medicine, etc.) So far the reason I can think for this is that all of them become the government and fix the mess.

You can move out at the appropriate ages and you don't need all of the top sims in the same household, so you can abuse the fact that sims outside your lot never age to reach the goal. However, they can't just say in the Sim bin, they need to live somewhere or they don't count towards the goal.

I reccommend you get a pen and paper or something to keep track of items you are allowed and aren't.

This will probably be alot easier the more expansion packs you have, since you'll have more items to choose from.

No points system for this one. Not yet anyway, if I can be bothered I might do one later. XD
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:31 PM
Can I re-make this for Sims 3?

ELOOOOOOO x) http://nintendorkhome.forumotion.net/index.htm
My website.Please register!Off-topic talking on my website!

I'm back G's! "One More Time G" "AND I'M SOOOOO ANXIOUS"

............ xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:41 PM
Sure. I haven't got Sims 3, so I have no idea what it would be like.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 6:25 PM
Heheeeeee.... Eventually running out of toilets and fridges and such... that wont be easy!
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by x..TheSims2Freak..x
Heheeeeee.... Eventually running out of toilets and fridges and such... that wont be easy!

Yeah... this is impractical.

I'll just turn moveobjects on and delete the puddles.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 8:50 PM
get the spongebath mod. that way they can bathe in a sink
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 12:29 AM
If they are poor enough, the repo man won't take ANYTHING, he'll just say "Get a job, ya bum". I have so many CC items it probably would be easy. Repo man usually takes small items, not appliances or plumbing; but ONE time (in a rental house) when he FINALLY came, he took EVERYTHING! every plumbing, piece of furniture (even a full toddler potty) - except one bed someone was sleeping in!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 6:33 PM
Hey I just thought of something. When the repo man comes, immediately make a sim use the most precious item so he won't take that.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by x..TheSims2Freak..x
You can still survive without them, if they're at least one community lot that includes it. The Bed should only be the only concern, as sims can't not sleep in community unless you have Numerious mod.