Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2011 at 1:50 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 9:53 PM.
Default Build a City Challenge - Alternative Ruleset
I love the Build a City Challenge (BaCC) and have tried it a couple of times, but the playrules just don't suit the way I play very well.

That's why I've been trying to come up with my own set of rules. I didn't start completely from scratch and there's still quite a lot from the original challenge in there. It's currently still being playtested, and I've set up a community on LJ for people who want to give it a whirl here.
I've tried to make the rules more 'story-driven', and the importance of player-owned businesses has lessened a bit.

I got the idea of having a multi-family start up from iCad's Redmond Flats, and the family randomising from the Prosperity Challenge. The rules are quite long, so instead of posting them directly here I've chopped them up into chapters and linked them.

Starting Out
Restrictions
Sim Multiplier
Unlocking Neighbourhood Additions
Unlocking Careers
Founder Career

Just putting this out there so people can give it a go, if they're interested

Yet Another Bloody Sims Blog - A BaCC Journal
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd May 2011 at 10:05 PM
I've enjoyed reading about your BaCC on LJ, and am considering trying this sometime myself.
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 6:40 AM
I've copied this, and plan to start playing it tomorrow. I played the Build a City challenge about two years ago, loved it. Have been thinking about playing it again. I'm excited to start this with the alternative rules! Thanks for sharing!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 3:52 AM
Hmmm nothing said about the eps free time and bonvoyage. Would there also be rules for apartment life?
I am amking my own set of rules for it and they are going to be based on parts of Icad's and Your's. I will have a few of my own modification to electricity and water.