Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 9:26 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 5:08 PM.
The Sims 2 Live Board Game! (Multiplayer Game)
This is kinda like a challenge and a game at the same time.
1. Okay, to play the Sims 2 like a board game, what you need is to buy the land of your choice, I recommend you use the largest land for your game, make sure it's a Residential lot.

2. Alright, after buying the land, create the board by placing different colored spaces(tiles), I prefer you make the spaces 2X-2X so your players have room on each space, or 3X-3X If you have more players on the board. Create the spaces anywhere as you please by making the starting line all the way to the finish. Both the start and finish space should be colored differently from the rest of the spaces. You can also decorate the board to make it more appealing, you can place trees, flowers, toys or any other content in the game, you can recolor the terrain even level it to make it a 3D board game or a flat 2D board game.

3. After setting up the board, it's time to create your players! You can create up to 2 to 8 players(This IS a multiplayer game!), depending on how many people will play.
So when you're making the players, it's time to move them into the board game lot! (You can also do steps 2 and 3 vice-versa).

4. When the game is done loading, it's time to start playing the board game! Place all your players at the starting space (Use the MoveObjectsOn cheat for this). Make sure their Free Will is turned off!

5. You're going to need a dice. At the start choose which player should go first by rolling the die. The player with the highest number goes first! The sims are also mixed at the the sim selection area on the left, so when it's the next player's turn just press the Space bar to go to the next player. So, It doesn't matter which order you've made each player. The fourth created player could go first!

6. After choosing who goes first, the players will roll the dice. The outcome of the number indicates how many spaces the sim should move. Just click on "Go Here" on the space the number of the die indicated, for example, If I rolled a five, then I'll move my sim over to the fifth space at the start.

7. And the sixth step loops for each player until one the players reaches the end first! The sim who reaches the finish space first wins!

It doesn't have to follow the seventh step, you can change the rules around. You can choose to have all players keep on playing until all the sims reach the end. The first sim who reached the finish spot will be in 1st Place, the other sims who are still playing on the board will recieve 2nd, 3rd, 4th place and so on!

You can also add your own little twists and turns to the board game! You can add event cards, so your sim can advance spaces, go back spaces, take extra turns, lose turns and ect.

You can also add your own plot to the board game, either If it's a Castaway story where only one can escape the island (or they're only 20 or 30 turns for players to reach the helicopter or boat or however they'll be rescued to win), or If it's a love story where all players of the same gender will play and reach the end for their love at the finish.

You can make your own rules to the game as long as they follow the 5th and 6th step!
Oh! Another thing: even though your sims` Will is turned off, they can still walk off the spaces so pause your game when you're not moving any sims. You should also use the 'Freezer Clock' by "treeag" so you can freeze time so none of your sims` life distractions get in the way of the game, or have any townies walk on your board as you play.

If anyone has any questions, just ask me!

Enjoy!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 10:21 AM
This is a really cool idea!
My only suggestion to make it more challenging is have different coloured squares for different things, for example say Sim A landed on a blue square, let them advance 5 squares, say they landed on an orange square, make them go back 5 squares, say they land on a red square make them go back to the beginning, say they land on a yellow square make them cook a meal, or go to the loo for their next turn, or something like that. xD
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 7:51 PM Last edited by applesryummy : 22nd Aug 2011 at 1:19 AM.
I dont know how this is a challenge, or for that matter, how its fun.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applesryummy
I dont how this is a challenge, or for that matter, how its fun.

It is like a challenge. The description gives you a starter. I'll be posting other kinds of board game gameplay later on.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 1:19 AM
i still dont get it, but ok...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 9:55 AM
this is kool, it would be good to add random objects on the board and make them have meanings...eg. if u land on a square with a teddy bear you have to go back 3 spaces etc...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 6:28 PM
One could even adopt the 'Monopoly" style board neighborhood that's been floating around. Start everyone at 'free parking" and then break up the group into who goes into what residential lot-Boardwalk, etc.

It could be very fun that way.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 8:32 PM
Default Coolio
My younger cousin is getting in to sims and this is a great idea! I can't wait to try it, maybe i'll had some zombies. Hmmm.