Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2014 at 2:13 AM Last edited by smartclip : 13th May 2014 at 11:21 PM.
Build your dream city!
*SEASONS REQUIRED*

You recently moved to an empty landscape, millions of acres wide. The President gives you a 50,000 simolean loan to create a city, and you will be mayor.

This is like the "hard hat" challenge, but you're building a WHOLE CITY, not just a house.

First, make your mayor.
It MUST be an adult.
No young adults.
They CAN have a family, but you must specify who the mayor is.

Next move them into a house.
Do familyfunds to give them $50,000
Now you can build your city!
When you build a lot, check the chart to see how much to subtract from the mayor's bank account. For the community lots, you take away the money, then follow the directions in parentheses.

Cost for each House:
1 bedroom house: -100
2 bedroom house: -200
3 bedroom house: -300
4 bedroom house: -400
5+ bedroom house: -750

Cost for community:
Restaurant: -200 (each season)
Clothing store: -300 (each season subtract 100)
Hotel?: -500 (each sim staying there, each season)
Park/other outdoor place: -100 (subtract each season
Anything else, you can ask me, and I'll make a price

College: -10 (for each dorm)

Apartment: -300 (each season)

Now for the town. . .
When you make a sim family move them in with the mayor (get a large family mod, or cheat with Tombstone of L&D)
Have the mayor get to know everyone.
Then the family can move out, and into a house.

Mayor:
The mayor's family lives in the house like usual, do what you do with your normal sims.

Each Spring, add 100 simoleans for every sim in the town to the mayor's bank account. (sim taxes)

The challenge is getting to a population of 500 sims! HARD
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th May 2014 at 6:38 PM
I like it, it's the foundation of what looks to be a very difficult challenge! If I weren't already focusing on Trancedale I might just take this on.. in fact I might build one of Trancedale's sub-hoods using this challenge.

However, after we deduce the amount of money from the mayor's profits, can we just build willy-nilly on the lot we paid for? Or is there a cost per room?

You state that a ... 4 bedroom house, for example, is -400 from the mayor's bank account, which comes to about 100 per bedroom, but what about the rest of the house? Kitchen, living room, dining room, bathrooms? Unless it's only 50 dollars per room and then you only have eight rooms in the house.

And how would the mayor earn money? Is he allowed to have a job, or does the president keep him funded? What happens if/when the mayor dies? Are there any rules for families interested in immigrating to the city?

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2014 at 2:01 AM
Sanypsia:
Leave the mayor's lot blank, just use maxmotives. But only for his house.

All you subtract is 100 for each bedroom. Because if a house has 8 bedrooms, it must be pretty big, so just take away 100 for each bedroom.

The mayor gets 5,000 each winter from the president. He does not get a job, but his family can. When the mayor dies, an adult child or his/her spouse can take over. Or have an election. No rules for families.

I'll post some laws:
1. Guns are not permitted without permits. (i'm not sure if anybody's made guns for sims, but just in case)
2. If a crime is committed, there must be a trial (be creative, have a sim in the law career attend)
3. All children must attend school. For each season they are allowed to miss no more than 1 day.
4. Have fun! This is your dream city, and make it how you want. You could have the whole thing be a murder asylum (kinda creepy), a haunted town, a thriving community, or an oldschool town with horse drawn carriages