Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 6:03 AM Last edited by Scarlet Love : 29th Oct 2015 at 1:13 AM.
Default 'Ahh the Good Times' Challenge
‘Ahh The Good Times’ Challenge

I love The Royal Kingdom Challenge by discordkitty but some of the rules were not to my liking, so here is the version I have been playing in my neighborhood.
Please read all sections. This is a pick and choose kind of challenge. The rules are guidelines not required obviously you can do whatever you want. If you play a different time period where some of the rules aren’t needed then you can cut them out or suggest edits. I chose to play a Reign (TV show) inspired challenge.
I love Reign a CW show and this is inspired by it so if anything is inaccurate just say so.

To start off:
Make a new neighborhood and include-
1 Royal couple
3 Noble couples
3 Merchant couples
3 Peasant couples
Pretty basic right?
Hints and tips: (These are just things I find helpful but you can do whatever)
What I noticed in my old one (my computer messed up and my hood got deleted) is that it is best to have less black haired sims because all the babies started being born with black hair since its dominant
At the beginning once all your families are made I would move each into their own house before play so they can all meet each other see ‘changing classes’ (and be sure they have a phone so they can chat, not realistic but it’s nice to just call)
This seems to be boring doing the same thing over and over so spice it up by adding supernatural creatures –witches/warlocks, vampires, werewolves, plantsims see 'supernatural' or by having affairs :3 see ‘affairs’
For children born out of wedlock or affair babies downloading the Ogre mod by maybesomethingdunno may be a good option see ‘extra classes’
Royals:
College is not required but is an option; I find college a waste of time
They must attend private school
Jobs are allowed but not for the Queen or Princesses as they are to be pregnant a lot
Although once their oldest son is married the Queen may work if it’s their lifetime wish
Lifetime Wishes of the King and his heir must be completed along with both of their wives
The heir is the first born son and if you don’t have a son keep trying or have the oldest daughter marry a noble man making him the King
It’s best to have a lot of children in case the heir dies there will be someone else to take over, the next eldest son
The King position moves to the oldest son once the current King dies on purpose (like murder) or accident (like a fire)
Servants are allowed but not for the founders, they must wait until there are peasant children that are at least teenagers (adults are better so they don’t have to go to school)
Servos are allowed if you insist on having robots but no servo-sim marriages but they can be lovers
Royals may only marry Nobles or people of the Royal class (I have a marriage of convenience mod which allows relatives to marry and then there’s the L and D Tombstone or mods for pregnancy if you want to do that but it is not required)
Royals have unlimited funds to build the castle but once it’s build make their money 150,000 and the King may work and you may do a taxation method if anyone one has an idea how to do this please comment
Queens may have affairs but if anyone gossips about them or sees them being romantic well OFF WITH HER HEAD (sorry but seriously)
Oh man and if the Queen has an affair child with the lover either immediately woohoo with the King so he doesn’t know but if she shows and doesn’t woohoo with the King… either kill her or have her leaving the castle and make her live with the nuns
If the Queen is gossiped about for the child kill her and the child (or send the child to the convent)
When a king remarries the women becomes Queen but any of their children are not able to go after the throne unless all of his previous wife’s kids are all dead
The King may have a live in mistress but she may only be a noble
Mistresses may work
Emolument/ Divorce in not an option ‘until death do us part’, take that into your own understanding
They may own pets, go on vacation
They may NOT own businesses
Royals are not allowed to become supernatural beings whose like span is changed (like vampires or plantsims) unless they are not in line for the throne ex: the youngest princess of 10 children may become a vampire since most likely she won’t become queen and if she does cure her
At the castle ONLY is jealousy turned off
If a princess woohoos before marriage she must either marry who she woohooed with soon or marry someone looking for their second marriage IF she is gossiped about
Nannies won’t be needed as you will have either live in servants or servos
The heir to the throne’s wife MUST never woohoo before marriage
Nobles:
Nobles may attend college if you want
They must attend private school
Build their house appropriate for nobles with 100,000
Once the house is built set their money to 75,000
Noble ladies who woohoo before marriage are ruined if someone gossips about them and this means they must marry below their class or become the King’s mistress or marry someone looking for a second marriage or marry who they woohooed with as long as it’s in noble, royal or merchant
Noble ladies do not have to woohoo before the King to become his mistress
Nobles may marry other Nobles, Royals or Merchants
Emoluments/ Divorce is an option see ‘Affairs’
They may own pets, go on vacation and own businesses if they have the money
Men and women may both work
Servants and servos are allowed
Nannies won’t be needed as you will have either live in servants or servos
Merchants:
The purpose of the Merchants is to own businesses
Build their home with 40,000
Set their money to 40,000 once the house is complete
They may own pets, go on vacation and own businesses if they have the money
Emoluments/ Divorce is an option see ‘Affairs’
May attend private school if they have 60,000 by the time the child is a child
They may attend college if they have 75,000 by the time the child is a teen
Merchants may marry Nobles, Other Merchants or peasants
Merchants may sell anything e.g. pets, Witch regiments, furniture, food
Men and women may work
They may own servos if you have to have robots
Peasants and servos may work in businesses
Peasants:
Build their house with 5,000
Set their money to 300 once the house is done
It’s best that everyone have jobs
They may own pets
They may NOT own businesses or go on vacation
They may not own Servos
They may become servants and work for Royals or Nobles
Farming may help
When peasants live with anyone of the upper class they may not have a job because being a servant is their job
Extra Classes: Not required but add some realism and extra fun
Working Girls- Not required but adds some fun and it’s a way of playing some may not play
They may have a madam (who must be of the merchant or noble class) who may not woohoo but they do take care of the ladies but working girls must be of the peasant class
A madam is not required but it allows for less work for the ladies
Madams must not marry nor have children
The working girls earn money by woohooing
They earn 150 per Peasant woohoo, 300 per Merchant, 1,000 per Noble and 3,000 per Royal
They follow rules of peasants except they may not have jobs
Any children born to a working girl must be given to the nuns see below
Convent with nuns (or priests)-This is kind of required but it’s very very helpful
Sims get 7,000 to build their house and set money to 1,000 once the house is built
Since you can’t really have a kingdom without affair children or children born out of wedlock you’ll need nuns
The nuns get the children from the Ogre and raise them
Children may not attend private school as they are now peasants no matter who they are born from
They follow the rules of peasants except they may not work
They get 1,000 per week to keep the convent running
The nuns must be of the peasant class and then move out and own the convent
Widwife- Not required but might add realism
She is there just for the birthing process
Once she is done you may give her an expensive gift as payment
She is of the peasant class
Changing Classes:
Women change classes by marriage
Peasants become Merchants by have 15 family friends, 5 of which must be Nobles or a higher class
Merchants become Nobles once they have 30 family friends, 7 of which must be Nobles or a higher class and 1 HAS to be a Royal
Noble ladies become Royal by marrying a prince or king
Affairs:
Affairs are not required but sometimes they just happen
The King may have a live in Mistress and you may turn off jealousy in the caste
For nobles, merchants and peasants they may have affairs and they may have divorces/emoluments if they are friends with at least 3 different Royals
If one has an affair and they are not friends with Royals it might be best to work on their marriage
Widows may remarry whoever they are allowed as mentioned above
Widowed Queen or Queen Mothers may woohoo with whomever she wants but she can’t have children out of wedlock, if she remarries it must be a Noble man. Although the new husband may not be King
Same sex relations are allowed but they may never marry
Adult teenage relations are allowed if you have inteen or ACR
If a woman is gossiped about for woohooing before marriage they must marry below their class or marry someone who is looking for a second marriage
Birth and Aging up:
You must wait the natural time for you sim to have her baby.
You may age your sims up as early as you are allowed (1 day early) with a cake or wait longer, it’s your choice
Royal and Noble toddlers must learn all toddler skills
Merchant and Peasants toddlers must learn 2/3 skills
Teenagers (if you have inteen) are allowed to have children and marry
Once an adult becomes elder I kill them because it’s not realistic for my sims to live that long (Edit: I have formed a love for elders... You may do whatever you want)
Heirs:
Heirs only apply to the King’s children
The first born son is the King’s heir
If the first born dies without a son the next oldest brother will be in line for the throne
If there are no sons when the King dies make the oldest daughter the Queen
Supernatural:
Werewolves- They may be any class
Plantsims- They may not be Kings or Queens unless they only have human children but the other classes are alright for plant babies
The aging is different so it’s best if you keep them nobles and below
Vampires- They may be any class except Kings and Queens
Witches- They may be any class (as a side note they can also kill people I think)
Zombie- Ehhh I think not they can’t have children and I don’t think they age (if I am correct)
Cheats:
Unlimited max motives for the first week ONLY to get you on a good start
For the next weeks you may use max motives once a day
Money cheats as specified above
Multiple birth hacks, inteen, risky woohoo
Large family mods would be helpful
Helpful downloads: (Not required)
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=521770 The Ogre
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250640 Larger family mod
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8196.0.html Mod that allows marriage between relatives and people who are not in love and teen marriages, marriage of convenience

Thank you, I hope you enjoy! Please suggest edits or fixes.
Scarlet

Sorry it's so long!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 12:23 PM
the gossip effect adds a nice realistic touch on the consequence of social evils and is a social evil itself, looking forward to trying this, although my female sims aren't. :O
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 11:23 PM
A few pics in case anyone wanted to see how I was doing! I do no own any of the custom content used but all the sims are made by me or descendents of my sims.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by abrtx
the gossip effect adds a nice realistic touch on the consequence of social evils and is a social evil itself, looking forward to trying this, although my female sims aren't. :O

Thank you! I am glad you like that effect I added. I love having my sims gossip so I like it as well
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
To get a realistic feudal hierarchy, you may want to start with one royal family, one noble family, two bourgeois families, and five peasant families. Create more peasant families, if necessary, or allow the peasants to produce more babies than the higher classes.

Ooooh I like that idea! It's kinda an outline for others. That is more realistic. I view the townnies as peasants though so it adds more sims to the lower class.