Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 6:00 PM Last edited by Nyami : 17th Mar 2016 at 6:06 AM.
Default Live off the Land Legacy Challenge: Sun & Moon Star Factory Edition!
Recently I discovered Stardew Valley (the Harvest Moon-like game for PC) as well as Sun & Moon’s mods at Plumb Bob Keep. I fell in love with both things, so I decided to come up with a Sims 2 challenge combining the two!

Live Off The Land with Sun & Moon Star Factory Mods! Challenge

BEFORE YOU START:

First, you will need these Sun & Moon mods:

Chicken Coop Station
Fetch Water Crafting Station + Cistern
Miner’s Rock Crafting Station
Seasonal Fruit Trees
Seasonal Garden Crops
Tree of Life

These are not required but will enhance your experience:

Au Naturel Pet Food (optional)
Poultry Expansion Set - Duck & Goose (optional)
Wild Mushrooms (optional)
Winemaking Set (optional)

Create or use an existing neighborhood (as long as it is an EMPTY template)

You will need 3 special lots: one for fishing, one for mining, and one for the Tree of Life. You may either build these lots from scratch or update existing ones with what you need.

You may have any type of community lots as long as they belong in the rural setting. Look at a Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley game map for ideas!

On your various lots you may add mushrooms and animal spawners - but don’t overdo it!

GAMEPLAY:

Create one adult sim (any gender, any personality)
Place them on an empty 5x5 lot and make sure your sim only has $1,500.
You will eventually build your sim a farm, but for now start with:

1x Couch
1x Water Tank & Barrel Sprigot
1x Toilet
1x Shower
4x Any Garden Crop

Play as you would with a normal legacy with A FEW EXCEPTIONS.

You may only acquire simoleons through selling:
ANIMAL PRODUCTS, CROPS, FISH, MUSHROOMS, ORES and WINE.

DO NOT harvest seedling plants from the crops - You may only BUY them.

DO NOT order groceries! Once you run out of food, it must be obtained through farming only!

A sim who has maxed a skill can visit the Tree of Life - ONE time per skill maxed. You should only have up to 3 golden apple spawners by the tree. The apples may be sold.

Your household may only visit a community lot once a week.

That’s all there is to it! I hope this is challenging and yet not too difficult!

This has NOT been play-tested yet, so if there are any issues with difficulty feel free to tweak the rules to your liking!

Huge credit goes to Sunni and Frac for the amazing mods!

Farm on, simmers!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 3:16 AM
I'm used to using Sun & Moon's items in my games, but I never thought of incorporating them into a challenge! This is a great idea that I'll have to try out! Thanks for writing it up

"If it's in you, it's got to come out."
Simblr
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XiaXiang001
I'm used to using Sun & Moon's items in my games, but I never thought of incorporating them into a challenge! This is a great idea that I'll have to try out! Thanks for writing it up
I wanna play! Where do I find all the mods?
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
I wanna play! Where do I find all the mods?

Just come across this and the mods look good. Took me a good 10 minutes but I think this is it... http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...1ede9c5af075c1b
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 7:47 PM
Oh wow! love their stuff! so think I will do this one! I may play only one family in the hood this way tho. I was thinking of doing a farming family using their stuff anyway, may as well make it a challenge!