Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:28 PM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 6th Apr 2018 at 10:55 AM.
Default A City Divided
A City Divided Challenge

This challenge is inspired by Veronaville.
In this challenge, you must reconcile the two feuding major families of a city.

HOW TO PLAY
  • Create a 'hood using the Veronaville terrain. Name it anything you wish.
  • In CAS, create two separate Sims. These are going to be your 'Mayors' of each side of the river. Place one on each side, and give them luxurious houses using familyfunds.
  • Use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and drag their relationship with each other all the way into the red.
  • The Mayors must be level 10 of the political career.
  • You can either make your Mayors marry townies, or you can make another CAS sim and let them marry and have children.
  • Populate both sides of the river as you see fit. However, everyone on one side must have a fully negative relationship with everyone on the other side, and vice versa.
  • Create another sim. This is going to be your peace-maker and your main character. Give them a cheaply furnished house.
  • One-by-one, your sim must attempt to fix the relationships between the members of each side of the river, be it through marriage, work, or any other way you see fit.
  • The challenge ends when the two sides of the river are completely reconciled.

RULES
  • Besides to bring the relationship down, boolprop is not allowed.
  • Every household except your playable household can use money cheats, as they are pre-established families.
  • If any new children are born, they must have bad relationships with anyone on the other side of the river.
  • Your sim can marry anyone except the mayors.
  • The reconciliation must happen within six generations. Any longer than that and you fail.
  • Everyone on the opposite side of the river to your sim must have a bad relationship with them, although it must be one sided.
  • I would recommend that you attempt to marry someone on the opposite side of the river.
  • If either mayor dies, their offspring must follow in their footsteps, unless they are younger than a child. If that is the case, the next-person-up in the politics career must take over as mayor and move into the deceased mayors home.
  • You can use Veronaville itself here. Move in each person in the Sim Bin to their respective family sides, lower the appropriate relationships and make Patrizio Monty and Consort Capp the mayors.

No scoring applies as of yet, as the only way to win is by reconciling the town. However, there are two ways of instantly failing.
  • Your sim passes away with no offspring.
  • You pass six generations and the town is not reconciled - originally I had put three, but that's pretty unreasonable, right?

Good luck, and happy simming!
If anyone has ideas to add, please let me know and I will consider it and add it if I like it
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 6:01 PM Last edited by vllygrl : 14th Feb 2018 at 6:01 PM. Reason: spelling?!
Great ideas! This could be a very fun challenge, I can see that the main character sim might have to be very inventive in order to build peace between the two sides! I once created a challenge similar to this which I never published, and then lost most of it in when my computer died from SecuROM.

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vllygrl
Great ideas! This could be a very fun challenge, I can see that the main character sim might have to be very inventive in order to build peace between the two sides! I once created a challenge similar to this which I never published, and then lost most of it in when my computer died from SecuROM.

Thanks! I thought it would definitely be an interesting one to try! Your sim would definitely have to be very inventive - and likely very popular and influential to build peace.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:27 PM
oh i'm attempting this!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:33 PM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 16th Feb 2018 at 4:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
oh i'm attempting this!

Awesome! Keep us updated here
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 5:06 PM
That's an interesting idea! I don't like challenges with super strict rules and scoring anyways. I might do this with two supernatural species - werewolves on one side and vampires on the other. Or maybe light and dark witches and wizards?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maraudine
That's an interesting idea! I don't like challenges with super strict rules and scoring anyways. I might do this with two supernatural species - werewolves on one side and vampires on the other. Or maybe light and dark witches and wizards?

Nice one, I'm glad you like it! Ooh, I'd do the light and dark witches, and have your main character be neutral, perhaps?
Keep us updated here :D