Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Request- Naval Career

by skiingiggy Posted 15th Dec 2006 at 9:43 PM - Updated 4th Jan 2007 at 8:38 PM by skiingiggy

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 10:21 PM
Your screenshot is so tiny, no one can figure out what that's supposed to be, skiingiggy..........thought you'd appreciate the "heads up" and get something at least 90 x 90 to upload as your screenshot.
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 12:33 AM
Ok better Ranks would be
Airman/Seaman/Fireman
Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Ensign
Lt.
Lt. Comander
Comander
Captain
Admiral
Fleet Admiral

But thanks Cool Idea
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 1:55 AM
one glaring ommission I noticed would be "captain". Love the career idea....will d/l when it is finished...thanks!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 6:32 AM
thanks for sharing! i waited for such a career for so long. thanks again!

btw you're not the only one. body shop doesn't work for me either since a while....
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 5:54 PM Last edited by Pontiac1979 : 16th Dec 2006 at 5:59 PM. Reason: Add one sentence
Your screenshot is really good now! In fact, I would view your career based on the action shot you replaced the other screenshot with!
Go Navy!
And regarding the comment that your "glaring mistake" was omitting captain, you didn't -- you've got Battleship Captain right there........
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 6:04 PM
Great job, you mentioned not being familiar with ranks, etc. For Navy Officers it would be:

1. Ensign
2. Lieutenant Junior Grade
3. Lieutenant
4. Lieutenant Commander
5. Commander
6. Captain
7. Commodore (technically now called Rear Admiral (Lower Half), but it sounds stupid)
8. Rear Admiral
9. Vice Admiral
10. Admiral

Anyhow, thanks again, great job.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 6:19 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH
i'm REALLY looking forward to the new version. i'll have both so my friend can choose which she likes better when she gets back form basic training. thank again!! **hugs**
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 5:23 AM
Sweet...just needs chance cards.

Oh, and FYI, I have all the expansion packs, plus Family Fun Stuff & Glamor Life Stuff, and it works.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:52 AM
It's good you admit that you don't know anything about this branch so I'm willing to forgive the, uhm. . . .yeah. . .

I applaud your effort in the creation of this and sveral other careers, but please do some background research. Please? I'd download it if the ranks weren't so disjointed.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 8:55 PM
tytytyty
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 3:07 AM
Thanks. Now two of my sim kids can follow my real life kid couterparts in the Navy...lol
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 3:33 PM
This is wonderful! My husband is ex-Navy and I know would die if he knew I just downloaded this..But you left out Aviation Electricians Mate!

Otherwise, I'm tickled pink to have downloaded this!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 3:49 PM
This is wonderful! My husband is ex-Navy and I know would die if he knew I just downloaded this..But you left out Aviation Electricians Mate!

Test Subject
#15 Old 10th May 2007 at 8:18 AM
ummm. what is the difference between the regular navy career and the navy career new ranks.......ummm which one am i supposed to be downloading........OR BOTH ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th May 2007 at 8:21 PM
both will work. The only difference is the ranks.

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th May 2007 at 3:48 PM
Great job
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Razamataz
Ok better Ranks would be
Airman/Seaman/Fireman
Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Ensign
Lt.
Lt. Comander
Comander
Captain
Admiral
Fleet Admiral

But thanks Cool Idea

True but Commander is spelled Commander, Hooyah!

Honor, Loyalty, and Sacrifice
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 4:49 AM
Its Fine
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 3:49 AM Last edited by ldyvic : 3rd Jun 2008 at 3:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
Of course, for us enlisted people, our ranks our:

Airman/Seaman/Fireman Recruit
Airman/Seaman/Fireman Apprentice
Airman/Seaman/Fireman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

I am going to be making an Enlisted Naval Career as I figure out SimPE. lol
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st May 2010 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ldyvic
Of course, for us enlisted people, our ranks our:

Airman/Seaman/Fireman Recruit
Airman/Seaman/Fireman Apprentice
Airman/Seaman/Fireman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

I am going to be making an Enlisted Naval Career as I figure out SimPE. lol

You can also make careers that are longer than 10 levels, so you could also do an enlisted-to-officer type of thing. I'd TOTALLY download that. (If you can't tell from my username, I'm in the Navy )

Ask me about my Luigi Largo Sim.
I'll tell you about the Satanic snowman he made in college. And how he loves cleaning the toilet.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=400724
Here for WIN.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 9:29 PM
Well...I dunno. Love the Career and everything (My dad, both of my uncles, Grandpa...alot really, were all in the Navy.)

The Rank system is okay, but if you're going have Enlisted and Officer ranks together,
maybe add "Officer Candidate" or "CWO".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 2:47 AM
Can You Please Make A Pet Breeder Career Like I Would Do It Myself But I Dont Know How And Yah I Would Apreciate It
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:49 AM
I'm slowly working on a neighborhood, which I intend to upload, that will have a Naval base as one of its subhoods. Would it be okay if I included this career as part of the neighborhood?
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heidimacgregor

Aviation Electrician's Mate is a RATE not a RANK.

there is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of high-explosive projectiles.
Page 1 of 2