Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

F-INevolution4 default replacement for human, alien, zombie, vampire, lycan, plant

by Navetsea Posted 12th Mar 2008 at 9:38 AM - Updated 9th Mar 2011 at 8:13 AM by Navetsea

219 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 204 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 9
Test Subject
#51 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 5:12 PM
i was hoping the Alien's skin have much different appearance than humans skins as much as possible, but hell with it... i'm still gonna download them anyway~!
Test Subject
#52 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 5:24 PM Last edited by komradevart : 13th Mar 2008 at 5:29 PM. Reason: corrections...
forgive me if im being offensive, but i find it sounding better to use indirect terms for, sth... you know?

does that mean in this MTS2 here, these skins are purely without the details like the hamburgers sesame, males banana & females apples while yours the other uploads in Insimadult have them all? will it be fine if i delete these files someday?

looking forward for a quick response before i start to download, cant wait to see the evolution to happen...
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 8:41 PM
i love them, but in the game the skin only show up on the body... from the neck up its a diff skin? can anyone help me?

Baw Chicka Wa Wa.... Banana!!
Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
These are LOVELY! I adore that you did them for all the different creatures too! Those face and feet details really blow me away.

Anyone begging for non-default versions should download these and then read this. Navetsea has already done so much work on these, I really can't understand why we would ask more of her.

Oooh, I wasn't aware there was a tutorial like that, I'll give it a go. Thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 12:35 AM
@komradevart,
like what I said in the description, it is barbie waist down for all.
That is MTS2 policy on skinset. and it mainly affect female body texture only
since we ussually use extra addon mesh for male part, something that was done by Crammyboy.

so if you are old enough to register in INSIMadult, and want to have full detail, take that version.

delete the file as you wish, then it will swap back to maxis default or other default skin you like to use.

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurenW
i love them, but in the game the skin only show up on the body... from the neck up its a diff skin? can anyone help me?

Looks like you have another default skinset previously, can you show me the screenshot.

You only able to have 1 set of default skin replacement for the same category. If you use for example my s1 (light tone) default replacement, you can not put another default replacement that also replacing s1 tone.

Test Subject
#57 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 3:38 AM
These are great! I really wish I had expansion packs, but I'm poor. I would love to see these as regular skins so I could download them!
Test Subject
#58 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 6:54 AM
Do you have a seperate skin for the plant skin when it wilts or is it included
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 8:45 AM
wilt is already included in the plant skin

Test Subject
#60 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Navetsea
@komradevart,
like what I said in the description, it is barbie waist down for all.
That is MTS2 policy on skinset. and it mainly affect female body texture only
since we ussually use extra addon mesh for male part, something that was done by Crammyboy.

so if you are old enough to register in INSIMadult, and want to have full detail, take that version.

delete the file as you wish, then it will swap back to maxis default or other default skin you like to use.

thanx the info... btw, just wanna tell ye that i got that account long ago. ye know?
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 8:47 AM
I have the opposite problem as LaurenW. The face has your skin and from the neck down it has a different skin. The one i'm using is Ephemera SimpleSkin Soft Edition.

I love how your skins look though. I have another sim who has the full appearance and it looks great!
Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 9:45 AM
You can not have two default skinset replacement at the same time,

that means you have to choose which one you like to use at the moment,

just move the other default out of download folder,
and move in the new default replacement you want to use,
it will change the look of all sims that currently using default skinset, most likely townies and NPC, or your created simmies that don't use custom skin (custom skin is skinset that is marked with *) and placed in the pop up menu in CAS (create a sim) menu.

to swap default replacement is easy if you are organized with your download folder, Try to have a sub folder called DEFAULTSET, and put everything that says replacing default items in that folder (or subfolders), to make it easy to detect what default set you use in game.

If later you want to swap back just put these skinset out of download folder and move another default skinset in.

Lab Assistant
#63 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:03 AM
one of my townies is a werewolf and he is fine. Don't default skins effect (sp?) already made sims like townies? I used the skin by ephemera when I made my sims who only have the partial effect of your skin. I'm sorta confused at the two. I'm sorry, I'm a slow learner at some things.
Scholar
Original Poster
#64 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 10:43 AM
The reason why the wolf is shown correctly is because Ephemera skin doesn't replace werewolf texture, but the problem with your normal sim that has a clashing skin problem is because there are 2 skins that are trying to replace the same maxis skin tone, that's why you have to choose 1, the other have to go out of your download folder.
The same with installing custom handheld objects like mobile phone, you have to choose 1, you can not have 2 models in your download folder because it will clash.

however if your sim is wearing a custom skin (non default custom marked with * in the catalog) the changing of default skin replacement won't affect him/ her.

Instructor
#65 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 12:04 PM
I have very much difficulties with skins that contains very much contrast (they appear totally spotted in my computer).
But I have to agree for the first time with someone and it is about your Alien skin.
Have been always angry on the statement that a non-terrestrian HAS to be green.
I doubt even that a supposed humanoid plant would be green (they are brown).
Scholar
Original Poster
#66 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 3:38 PM
about alien, I think even if they are originally green or blue, or whatever, they will try to adapt or disguise in our appearance to make them self less obvious, and to give them chance to study us closely.

hmm about humanoid plant, maybe it would be brown if they have a wooden kind of skincells, but if the skin is soft, just like vegetables, then it is most likely green, that's what I think

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 12:36 AM Last edited by TheSuccy : 15th Mar 2008 at 2:13 PM. Reason: typo
This set is BEAUTIFUL. It's obvious you've put tremendous effort into this.

Just one thing to clarify, the wilt state of the plantsim has the look displayed in your presentation, therefore, it's the same as it's normal state?
Scholar
Original Poster
#68 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 1:45 AM
the wilt is more brownish compared to green state, that's all the texture is similar.

Test Subject
#69 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 4:47 AM
Hey thanks for the skins, really loved it but I kinda find it weird that my sims looked like ghosts in the bar that holds your wants/motives. This is my first time changing skins so I don't know much
Test Subject
#70 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 7:02 AM
These are so beautiful, and I absolutely adore the default werewolf skin. I've been trying to find one for ages to no avail! I never used any of your other sets because they ended up looking too grainy in my game, but these ones are just right. Awesome work =D
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 7:14 AM Last edited by MarciAraujo.ts : 15th Mar 2008 at 8:05 AM.
Hi Navetsea!!! What a wonderful job!!! I love all skins!!!
Three stupid questions : if I don`t download the default eyes, will the skins show up with the EA/Maxis eyes?
Do they correspond to every EA/Maxis colours (brown, dark blue, light blue, green and grey) and to the alien, warewolf, vampire and plantsim ones or just to these (four) last ones? And do you have any picture of the default eyes colours?
Sorry for the dumb questions and thanks so much for your fantastic job and for sharing it with us!!!

Please, pay attention to my creator`s policy.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <)
This is Jack, the little rabbit; add him to your signature and help him to take over the world!!!
Test Subject
#72 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 11:09 AM
the skins look awesome....but i can't open the files!!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:02 PM
Thank you very much, this realy amazing!
Test Subject
#74 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 5:07 PM
It's interesting how something so seemingly flawless could get any better. You've done that though with the Evo 4. Great job!
Test Subject
#75 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 1:26 AM
these are lovely but they look different in game than the do in CAS. Mainly the tanned one...looks odd...am I doing something wrong it looks way darker than it does in CAS...

But the rest and the Alien one are stunning!! Thanks a bunch!!

------------------------------------
No Apologies, No Regrets
------------------------------------
Page 3 of 9