Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

F-INevolution4 default replacement for human, alien, zombie, vampire, lycan, plant

by Navetsea Posted 12th Mar 2008 at 9:38 AM - Updated 9th Mar 2011 at 8:13 AM by Navetsea

219 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 204 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 9:20 AM
Thanks a lot, your comments are like fuel to my creativity

@unlighten,
please try to go to mirror and do makeover, so it generate new photo. I hope that can solve the problem.

@InvisibleBob
yes, I de-grain the skin a little. Thanks

@MarciAraujo
1. Then it will show whatever default eyes you use, if you currently use maxis default eyes then it will show maxis.
2. They do correspond to maxis colors, they override them. your aliean no longer green, your zombies no longer blue, it will replace all sims that is currently wearing maxis skintone, it doesn't replace your custom character that is currently using other custom/non default skintone.
3. I don't take screenshot specially for the eyes, but in the screenshots above they use my default eye replacement, so the design is like that but available in several other colors.

@roeisim24
I wonder why? Do you mean you can't extract .rar?
There is a complete help:
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...Fracking_Idiots

@flickzy
The tan skin is labeled s2,
it should look like my 1st picture in this post,
or the no 2 & 3 from left in the lineup pic (2nd pic)
those photos are taken in game not in CAS, so it should be like that.

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Test Subject
#77 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 2:19 AM
Navetsea - you've answered all questions, but one and it was the one asked the most.

WILL THERE BE A NON-DEFAULT SET?

Your skins are beautiful, yes and thank you for them, but some have other default sets with which they made sims they surely love. If they exchange the defaults they have for yours, their sims made with the def's they had, will most likely be ruined as I think we all know, that a change of skintone can either make a sim look beautiful, either horrid. And if a sim is made specifically under a certain skintone, the chances that it will look good with a another are 1:20. So please, tell all of us that are waiting, will there be a non-default set or is this as much as there's going to be?

Orbis Non Sufficit
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 9:21 PM
Really love these, but when I try to unpack the plantsim file, I keep getting a "file corrupted" and "unexpected end of archive" message.

"My most shocking moment in the Sims can be summed up in three little words: Guinea Pig Disease."
#79 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:52 AM
Gasp! I have to say, that I was not pleased with your previous skins. The grainy, seamed texture bugged the living hell out of me, and it distorted oddly on the faces of my sims.

BUT! This set is marvelous! I love it so much, and I will be so proud to have it! Thank you, Navetsea! So much!!! These are beautiful.

I have to ask though, would you be adverse to me making one of them lighter? My sun-allergic gothy types would like it too!
Scholar
Original Poster
#80 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 2:40 AM
@Maria1307:
There are non default skin at INSIMadult
http://www.insimadult.net/showthread.php?t=31979
they are in various Warlokk XHi sizes (I hardly use maxis shape for women in my game only townies and NPC use maxis shape ^__^) so there are conversions to be used with my favorite Warlokk shapes. (the male will stay in maxis size)

for your own use, you can convert them to whatever size you want, even maxis size too.

sorry my internet connection for upload is sluggish, and somehow my skinset always ended up 10-12 mb per tone.

@AudCan
Please use downloader software, or mozilla internet browser or opera, that has download manager. So you can resume the download if somehow it accidentally stop halfway.

@NotxYourxEffing
Thanks, well the previous skin was not that bad in my oppinion, yes it has more grain in the skin texture.

the facial textures of skinset is wildly vary from one creator to another, so it would be wise to choose the skintone first before creating a sim, and not swapping skintone on a finished sim, since they can look much different because of the change in the texture of their skin.

Test Subject
#81 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 4:01 AM
Thank you for the answer

Orbis Non Sufficit
Scholar
Original Poster
#82 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 10:55 AM
http://www.insimadult.net/attachmen...53&d=1205918665
The werewolf fur as costume set IS OUT
please visit here:
http://www.insimadult.net/showthread.php?t=32132

Lab Assistant
#83 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:29 PM
Got it now, seems WinRAR Wasn't letting me download anything yesterday...

"My most shocking moment in the Sims can be summed up in three little words: Guinea Pig Disease."
Test Subject
#84 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 8:54 AM
Omg, I love the transparent vampire one ! I've been looking for vampire skins for the longest and finally this is the best one. Time to go make my sim a vampire I like all your other skins too.

Rambunctious behavior leads to nothing at all.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 7:15 PM Last edited by SkyX : 20th Mar 2008 at 10:50 PM.
Somehow I have problems with your skin when I apply them to my male sims. All of my male sims have the texture of your skin on their head but the body is like the maxis default.
On the other hand the female sims look fine and have your default skin on the whole body.

I already checked my downloads folder for other default skins but there isn't one so I really don't know why my males look like that.

Edit: forgot to say that all the skins look sooo damn awsome really really love them, you did a great job on these!

2nd edit: okay, the solution for my problem was very easy i moved all my downloads out of the downloads folder, moved them back to it and surprise - your skins are working!
Test Subject
#86 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
These are LOVELY! I adore that you did them for all the different creatures too! Those face and feet details really blow me away.

Anyone begging for non-default versions should download these and then read this. Navetsea has already done so much work on these, I really can't understand why we would ask more of her.

I wasn't begging anyone to do anything. I was just asking, obviously he doesn't have to do it if he doesn't want to... But if he did want to, I am sure it would be greatly appreciated by a lot of people. I also tried that tutorial and can not get it to work.
Scholar
Original Poster
#87 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 11:44 PM
There are non default skin at INSIMadult
http://www.insimadult.net/showthread.php?t=31979
they are in various Warlokk XHi sizes (I hardly use maxis shape for women in my game only townies and NPC use maxis shape ^__^) so there are conversions to be used with my favorite Warlokk shapes. (the male will stay in maxis size)

for your own use, you can convert them to whatever size you want, even maxis size too.

sorry my internet connection for upload is sluggish, and somehow my skinset always ended up 10-12 mb per tone.

Lab Assistant
#88 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 6:39 AM
Gorgeous work, thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 9:49 PM
Your work gets more amazing with every new skin set. I love how utterly creepy your zombie skin is! Your supernatural skins encourage me to play more than just aliens. :D
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 8:40 PM
these are absolutely gorgeous thank you!!!
Test Subject
#91 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 8:14 PM
THANK YOU FOR THE AWESOME SKINS!!!!!!! One question: Hod do I get a lycan sim, I don't know how to transform them. Anyway great job as always. Please answer my question, please
Test Subject
#92 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:23 AM
i have downloaded the files but they are not coming up in game. they look different than any other file shown in my d/l folder.

what do i do?
Test Subject
#93 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:31 AM
i have just read that you made these skins in dx3 which happens to be the only file that worked on my computer.

can i access these dx3 default replacement skintones?
Test Subject
#94 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:12 AM
oh, well, nvm, the non-barbie ones don't seem to be working for me, but these are doing nicely.

i loved your previous skintones and was delighted to find these.

thank you so much. sorry for the dramatic moment.
Scholar
Original Poster
#95 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:27 AM
@Marie00francis
there are several ways,
you can do it manually following the gameplay: wait for the glowing eyed wolf, be friend with him, and ask to be turned into werewolf,

or use the INSIMENATOR,

or there is another hack with a stone wolf head statue, where you can transform your sim into werewolf anytime at Sims2workshop by Carrigon

@deebooemu
sorry deebooemu. I just red your comment here, but I'm glad you have solved the problem,

though I don't understand why the adult/full version at INSIMadult won't work at your game while they both contructed in a similar way, I made the full version first, save it and then re open it again, put alternate textures for the censored female part, and save it with different name.

Test Subject
#96 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 6:07 AM
Really lovely. I'm not a fan of default replacement skins, but these are tempting enough I may give them a try. You've done beautiful work here, and they display amazingly well in-game. Thanks!
Test Subject
#97 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 5:32 PM
I love these so much. My favorites have got to be the transparent vampire overlay and the plantsim skins. They are gorgeous. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Do you have any pictures of the default eye set?
2. Do you have a version of the skin where the "fat" Sims aren't so... fit?

These are definitely my favorite skins. Thank you for making a sexy feet version.
Test Subject
#98 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 6:51 AM
Just wanted to say a personal Thank you....I don't know how you do it but they're absolutely gorgeous.

I downloaded the adult versions from Insimadult.net & can't wait to use them!
Test Subject
#99 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 5:21 AM
Can you tell me where I could download the hair you used for the zombie and vampire guys?
Top Secret Researcher
#100 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 6:45 AM
Thanks for sharing! I made non-default versions for myself in game; thanks again.
Page 4 of 9