Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Victorian London Part 1: The Kensington District (NO CC, Limited CC and CC Loaded)

by StephSim Posted 20th Apr 2008 at 10:44 AM - Updated 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:30 AM by StephSim : MTS2 Information Update

72 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:36 AM
OMG. You are my hero. I LOVE YOU!!! Thank you so much for these gorgeous buildings!
Test Subject
#27 Old 3rd May 2008 at 2:56 AM
This is too good to be true! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd May 2008 at 6:51 PM Last edited by StephSim : 4th May 2008 at 8:23 PM.
Druidessex...
There are so many creators who contribute to MTS2 with little items that are in so many ways grand. Of course, we have the uber creators with talent beyond belief. Sometimes, it's easy to overlook fabulous objects by creators who have several hundred objects. In addition, there are quite a few others who contribute on a smaller scale a few fabulous creations. Oftentimes, these objects inspire me to create, which is fabulous stuff.

Buxomwench...
You are most welcomed!

Mehrlicht...
I was hoping to capture the spirit of the times, which for many (especially the upper classes) was a time of celebrating the British Empire and all that is grand and glorious. Please do enjoy the lots.

Nanisim...
I'm glad you like the creations. I chose Kensington because when DD and I were creating the Stepford Houses, I had to come up with a name for one of his lots before posting. I chose Kensington. When I was looking at pictures for the Victorian London Project, most of the places I connected with were in the Kensington, District. I was only going to create Leighton House, but decided it would be lonely if not enough lots were created for the challenge. So, I created a neighborhood (which is growing by the day).

TanyaBuff...
Thank you for your kind words. I hope you enjoy the lots!

Flabaliki...
Thank you. Actually, this is the last "all out" Challenge for me. I'm downsizing from this point on. For the next challenge, I will submit (drumroll) **1 LOT**. I will also submit 1 lot to each of the previous challenges I missed. From here on in, 1 lot per Challenge will be more than enough to share my creative visions. Besides, I don't want my lots to be about the challenge, but about the artistry. Submitting 1 lot will keep things in perspective as I am not necessarily out to "win" just to do something that I've never done before that Simmers can enjoy!

BTW- I love your Le Moderne Hotel. It's captivating.

Mauriemom...
Thank you. I loved your Peabody's Pembury Tenements. I'm adding it to the Downtown Area of my Victorian neighborhood.

Alisar...
I appreciate the compliment. Time? Well... I have a few hours a day when my hubby is at work and my son at school to do "stephanie" things. This break has reconnected me with a few NonSim things and so I will NOT put so much energy into creating neighborhoods. Future projects will be smaller in scope, but then I could REALLY focus on the details, playability and variety in 1 lot.

tcupam...
Thank you for the wonderful compliment and do enjoy the downloads!

ninadedrap...
I sure hope not! Hopefully, you will enjoy PLAYING in the lots and it will be a wonderful reality and not simply to good to be true!

Thanks again everyone and enjoy the lots,
stephanie b.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#29 Old 5th May 2008 at 5:34 AM
...................................................wow.

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th May 2008 at 5:23 PM
...................................Thanks

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd May 2008 at 2:09 AM
wow! that is just wow!
great work steph, and thank you so much for making versions without CC, I usually miss out on installing really great lots because I don't want to overload my downloads folder anymore lol
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 23rd May 2008 at 2:06 AM
Thanks rosaline. Glad you like! The No CC Versions are a bit of a challenge because I want so desperately to make them as dynamic of a presence to behold as the CC Versions. In doing so I drive myself bonkers! It was a fun experience though! Enjoy the lot(s)! :D

~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
#33 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 7:36 PM
Just a quibble... The King's Cross station is nowhere near the Kensington district but is in northeast London. Nonetheless, I know these buildings and your creations are superb! I especially enjoy the telephone kiosk! Should they ever re-reun this competition (not likely) I would love to see you do the V&A Museum (also in Kensington) and the St Pancras Hotel (right next to King's Cross)

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 12:52 PM
Thank for sharing
it's very very fantactic !
Forum Resident
#35 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 12:26 AM
Congratulations on another Exceptional, Steph! You know that I am in love with your Victorian lots, and these just blow me away. Even the No CC ones are utterly breathtaking! I can't think of anyone else more deserving than you. :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 10:11 PM
Mac...I know. In my original write up I noted this, but I guess I forgot to add it. I shall do that now. I originally created King's Cross to go with Harry Potter, but I figured you can't have London without a King's Cross Train Station. I'm glad you enjoy the lots. I'm afraid I won't be posting anyhting for a bit, but I sure hope you get a little Sim fun out of those things I already have created.
--------------------------------------------------
Nucleon...You are welcomed.
--------------------------------------------------
Starfish...Thank you (as always).

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 1:18 AM
WOW, these are gorgeous! I spent last Intersession semester in London.. we stayed in South Kensington, and of course all of these places look very familiar! I wish I had the EPs to download these, because they are lovely indeed. Great work!
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 2:02 PM
This might look good in the Harry Potter town I'm gonna make when I get nightlife. (I've got all the rest, why not Nightlife =} ? )
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 5:33 PM
Surreptitially...
Thank you. I'm sorry you cannot enjoy them due to the EPs. Future projects (when I return to creating lots will require minimal to no EPs) - not that that's any concilation for not being able to get these. Sorry. Again, thanks for the compliment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darthania...
Funny you should mention Harry Potter! Part of the reason I was so psyched about creating this project is that I felt it would be a great extension of the Harry Potter collection! You do realize I have a whole slew of Harry Potter lots just in case you don't feel like creating stuff anew! So, get Nightlife my friend and enjoy the downloads.

Stephanie

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 2:14 PM
Steph, you truely blow me away everytime you create something and this is no exception! Congrats on the contest as well ! You deserve it , in my opinion
HUGS
Angel

Angelsways1
"Always Built With Love"
Come see my other creations at Angelsways1's Sims2 Creation Station and
Simcastic Designs
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 10:09 PM
You are most welcomed Angelways! I appreciate the encouragement and the support!
Stephanie

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#42 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 11:21 PM
The lots are downright marvellous!
Thanks for your effort on doing such gorgeous lots for us!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 12:03 AM
You are most welcomed Caddy Lincoln! I hope they bring a little fun reality to your game!
Stephanie

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 5:21 AM
The detail appears to be marvellous; these are the cream of the crop here at MTS2 --

HOWEVER I am having trouble loading them in my college neighbourhood!
(particularly the College of Music and Imperial Institute, my sims can't visit either, the load screen freezes up)

Anyone else having this probleM?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 3:36 AM
I will test them again within the week and get back to you. I am reloading my games this weekend and will add these buildings.

For now a suggestion...If you downloaded the "furnished" version, try the unfurnished just to see if they work. It may (for you) be about the Custom Content). My CC versions are quite extravagant, but only if your computer can handle it. Just let me know.

Stephanie

I'll get back to you in a few days unstuck.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#46 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 6:14 PM
WOW! That's all I can think of to say, WOW.

PS: As a fun fact, King's Cross added a platform 9 3/4 plaque on the pillar between platforms 9 and 10 as a result of the popularity of the Harry Potter books!

Sims 2: The best game ever.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 4:09 PM
Thanks. I hope you enjoy the downloads. It was great fun (and lots of work) pulling this together. I may add your fun fact later, but right now it's taking lots of energy just to respond, so I shall save it for later (after I've healed from surgery). Take care.
Stephanie

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#48 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 4:02 PM
These lots are just AMAZING! Well done!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 5:05 PM
Thank you Nederlander. I hope you can enjoy them.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 12:21 AM
*jaw drops to the floor* Holy crap dude! Your brilliant!

Remember SILENCE=DEATH.
If you're not saying what's on your mind,
you're as good as dead!
Page 2 of 3