Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#201 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst
No worries . But I will really need the size of the lot you're going to use so that I could transmit it to kiwi-tea. You know, so that you don't have to scratch it later.

Thanks, Lana. I was starting to feel like a kid handing in late homework...lol. I noticed in the earlier version of the map in the World thread that the business center would be built on a 25x20 lot so I guess that would be it.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#202 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 10:37 PM
Am I really this frightening? That must be the leader thing

I've transmitted your data and Tasia's (thanks ) I'll just need sleepyrose's data now.
#203 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst
Am I really this frightening? That must be the leader thing

I've transmitted your data and Tasia's (thanks ) I'll just need sleepyrose's data now.

Oh yes, like the residents of Goth Manor. Nah, just kidding! You're a great leader, though. I've just been feeling awfully guilty for procrastinating. I will get started soon and I'm looking forward to seeing screenshots of the new world.
Field Researcher
#204 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 2:10 AM
Ok i redid the lot and here is a preview there are no windows yet and i did some landscaping...Not sure about the door to the balcony that may change.

Lana: I saw in the world thread you wanted a vineyard so i have also been working on a small Nectary for our town its currently on a 20x20 lot but that may be to big do you know what size lot you ant it on?

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Forum Resident
#205 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 3:58 PM
Lana, the Fishing Shack is 10x20. The museum is 30x20, but it has a road on both sides. That way it will also fit on a 20x30 lot. The front door is on the 30 tile side, though.

Tasia, that house looks cute! I'm not sure about that door to the balcony either. But that might just be me. I've tried that door on a couple of houses I've build, but always ended up deleting it. Would it be possible to use the same door you used on the ground floor? I like that one, because it has windows, but it's still classic looking. All other doors with windows are so modern.

Anyway, the museum is coming along fine. I'll be able to show more pictures soon.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#206 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 5:43 PM
Tasia, I love your enthusiasm but I don't think you should start building the nectary now. I'm not saying that I don't want you to build it later and if you want me I can reserve this lot for you but I would rather have you focusing on finishing the house you're already building and the sims you'll need to make. That's already a lot for now, don't you think?

For the house now, I agree with sleepyrose, that door is too oriental for us. The landscaping make it already look better but there's still a bit of work to do on the outdoor. Could you change the roof has I said earlier? Having one big main roof like that doesn't flatter your house's shape. I'm not sure about the balcony either, could you maybe let it be only for the middle area and advance the wall of your sides, or the contrary? And we definitely need windows to have a better idea of it

Edit: sleepyrose, can't wait to see the pictures !
Field Researcher
#207 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 7:02 PM
Yeah i totally agree with you the door is hideous i didn't like it when i placed it lol and the balcony i'm going to move to the back of the house it will look better back there and i also did the walls different... I just couldn't get pics because my game started lagging and i didn't want it to close out without saving my changes

But yes I really do want to build the Nectary when its time for it i was just reserving a lot for it to make sure nothing is there in its way

You can call me Tasia
Forum Resident
#208 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 7:49 PM Last edited by sleepyrose : 7th Mar 2010 at 8:00 PM.
Ok, here are pictures of the museum. I haven't got the outside finished yet. But the inside is as good as done.

Entrance Hall:

Bathroom:

Paintings section:

Classic Sculptures section:

Egyptian:

Chinese:

Contemporary, donations, etc.:

This space is reserved for pictures of Lilith. Text can be added to the sign, so players can read about her.

That's all for now!
Wiki Wizard
#209 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 8:15 PM
Wow i love what you have done, it really looks like a museum, and i love the inventive sections you have made too! great work! now i cannot wait to see the outside!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#210 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 8:19 PM
That looks awesome We'll probably change some of the pictures on the painting section to have an entire section devoted to the town history.

DD, since you're here, do you know how many pictures we can have on a single painting cc?

Tasia, I'll note the nectary as being yours I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements you made for the house.
Wiki Wizard
#211 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 9:27 PM
I don't understand what you mean lana, could you rephrase for me

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#212 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 9:34 PM
Sorry Well, you know when you have a painting, there can be several images on the same frame or sometimes different frames with the same image. We would like to create a painting (cc) with the town pictures, and so I'd like to know if there's a limit to how many different pictures we can have on 1 painting. Is that better? I can try explaining it another way otherwise.
Field Researcher
#213 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 10:31 PM
Sleepyrose: that looks amazing i love the Chinese and Egyptian spots Its just great i can't wait to see what you do to the outside

You can call me Tasia
#214 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 10:36 PM
Your museum looks fabulous, Sleepyrose! I like that you divided them into different sections (Egyptian, Greek, etc). Hope to see the exterior when you're done.
Retired
retired moderator
#215 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 11:20 PM
Just a quick request: Until I get the ground textures sorted for the world, could everyone be careful about any terrain painting they do. The world will be very emergent depending on CAW's features, and I can't guarantee it'll necessarily match the texture you put down on your lots.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#216 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:44 AM
We'll take it in consideration, don't worry. We knew already that we may have some last change to make with terrain painting and alley floor to coordinate the ensemble.
Wiki Wizard
#217 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:35 AM
Ok thanks for pointing that out Kiwi Also lana, i hope to start up building again tonight for this project! Hopefully i can get something done tonight!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#218 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:13 AM
Can't wait to see your buildings

I'm kind of stuck too, I've half finished the school and the plazas but I'm waiting for the map to be more developed to actually finalize it. It's so exciting to know that we're gonna have the map and be finally able to build, for real, without second guessing .
Wiki Wizard
#219 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 3:47 PM
Ok so i think i know what you mean you can have as many as you want on one frame, just depends how many you can fit

Field Researcher
#220 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 4:32 PM
Ok been doing some work on the roof (i cannot get the roof to go how i like for no reason) i added some windows and here is what i done so far. Not sure on the second floor window in the middle i don't really like it that much what do you think.

You can call me Tasia
Wiki Wizard
#221 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:59 PM
Ok well i decided to work on the big mansion for the town! Anyway, i wasn't sure if it is big enough or not, we don't want to go crazy large but i want to know whether you think this is too small and should be used as a different lot in the town, or whether it would work as the main fishing manor? Anyway, there is still a lot to do but the front is mostly finished now:

Wiki Wizard
#222 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:01 PM
Also tasia, i think that the basic structure of your lot is a bit too boxy and squarish, it needs to have more detail to it, and i don't like the ground floor sides, they are not easy on the eyes, their angle is a bit random, maybe going for a bay look would work?

Field Researcher
#223 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:08 PM
Thanks for the advise DD i will try that also that manor is awesome i love it and i think its perfect also i wish i had skill like you

You can call me Tasia
#224 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:44 PM
Nice pics, everyone. Your manor looks stunning, DD. And sorry for the lack of updates but I'd just like to inform you all that I've started working on the business center. The Swordfish Bar & Grill is finally done and it should be up soon.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#225 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 10:00 PM
awww! it looks gorgeous DD, I love the landscaping! :lovestruc The manor is probably not going to be huge but if you want to build one a tad bit larger we could maybe still use this building for the highest part of the town, that lies just beneath the mountains and reserve the smaller lots for the sea-side level?

Tasia, I'm too tired to give you constructive feedback right now, I'll post that tomorrow. You could already follow DD's wise advices .

Charming, can't wait to see the business center. My school is still not finished (can't figure out how I'll handle some things) but I'd probably post some pics here to show you how it is already.

Page 9 of 51