Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Builder Stuff

by Buzzler Posted 27th Jul 2011 at 11:55 PM - Updated 25th Jun 2016 at 7:26 PM by Buzzler

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 82 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
The choker will let me place a stove on Community lot,but will it let me cook to or do I need the Moar Interaction Mod for cooking on community lots?
You need Moar Interactions to make stoves usable.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Icy Spicy
#52 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
You need Moar Interactions to make stoves usable.

Thank you for the answer.Really appreciate it.
Test Subject
#53 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 12:53 AM
Hey! I have a question or two... xD
Hi Buzzler, it's me again!
So just wondering, do you still have to put true after tse? or any other cheat that requires 'true' or 'false' and so on?

Let's Do It, The Sims Style

I believe that you have absolutely none of right to know what I'm doing right now. But, if you wish to know, I am most likely playing The Sims 1, 2, or 3, or doing something very closely related to the three.
Original Poster
#54 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by greengal006
So just wondering, do you still have to put true after tse? or any other cheat that requires 'true' or 'false' and so on?
All cheats that need parameters still need them. You can use on/off or 1/0 instead of true/false, though.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:28 PM
I'm not a "professional" builder, but I'm working on it. I am so incredibly happy for the autoroof disabler though. For some reason, I ALWAYS forget that it's "on" until I start to build my second floor. I typically swear at the computer. Thank you, my heart/blood pressure thanks you as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 7:48 PM
Cool, thanks for this. I'll be using it here pretty soon. Thanks.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#57 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 1:49 PM
You are friggin amazing, point blank, I've been looking for a mod like this since I started playing sims 3 in 09, there where some similar mods, but those creators never updated. So sad, sims 3 is without a userStarup.cheat, now the problem is solved! I kinda stumbled upon this, and I hope other people like me who aren't necessarily "Builders" realize they can use this mod too! Thanx
Instructor
#58 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 1:57 PM
May I suggest that you include your answer to greengal006's question in your FAQ? I'm wondering why your tuning file doesn't include the "True/False" in your clonelist; do they still work?
Also, if I include "-" in the cheat will is still be read? ie:
<Data>
<NewCommand>c-</NewCommand>
<OldCommand>constrainfloorelevation false</OldCommand>
</Data>

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Original Poster
#59 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
May I suggest that you include your answer to greengal006's question in your FAQ?
Can do.
Quote:
I'm wondering why your tuning file doesn't include the "True/False" in your clonelist; do they still work?
Parameters are passed during runtime, so there's no need for them.
Quote:
Also, if I include "-" in the cheat will is still be read? ie:{...}
You're welcome to try. Should work, but personally I'd prefer 'cfe 0'.

Instructor
#60 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 5:23 AM
Parameters are passed during runtime, so there's no need for them.

Took me a minute to understand that, but I get it So yeah it didn't work, so I'm uncomplicating it (lol I got confused with making userStartup.cheat, this btw is so0o much less or a hassle!!!) I will take your advice and do it the normal way, but before I do imma experiment a bit and take out the "-", which I think was the problem and put "m1" for "moveObjects on" etc. but keep the parameters...

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#61 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:39 PM
THIS must be heaven set *drools over autoroofdisabler*
*mustinstallfaaaaaaaaaaaaaster* <3
Inventor
THANKS POST
#62 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 3:00 PM
Danköööö dir :-)
Test Subject
#63 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 12:16 PM
Hi. I install the cheats packages and when I was playing I realize that testingcheatsenabled was not activated. I exit the game and I open the cheat tuning package. I realize that you wrote 'testingcheatsenabled on' instead of 'testingcheatsenabled true'.
Just to letting you know

- { Garmo Architecture } -
I take lots request. Read more here for TS2 and here for TS3.
Original Poster
#64 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aidagarcia
Hi. I install the cheats packages and when I was playing I realize that testingcheatsenabled was not activated. I exit the game and I open the cheat tuning package. I realize that you wrote 'testingcheatsenabled on' instead of 'testingcheatsenabled true'.
on/off works just the same as true/false for all cheats. I just checked it again and it works fine for me.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 6:16 PM
Buzzler strikes again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 12:25 AM
I'm a bit confused about the tuning file. Do I put both shortcheats AND shortcheats tuning in my game or just the tuning package? Sorry if this is really simple, I just want to be sure. ><
Original Poster
#67 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeltedCrayons
I'm a bit confused about the tuning file. Do I put both shortcheats AND shortcheats tuning in my game or just the tuning package?
The tuning package just contains data for the main package to read and doesn't do anything on its own. So, yes, if you want the "cheats active by default" stuff, you need both packages.

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:52 PM
For the shell sound-emitters. If I put those on lots, will those package with worlds or will people have to come download those from you? I'm making a big city and I'd really love to have those city sounds blaring all over.
Original Poster
#69 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel
For the shell sound-emitters. If I put those on lots, will those package with worlds or will people have to come download those from you?
Package files don't get automatically included with anything, so you need to link to this post. That's for the best anyway. The shell sound emitter object is a scripted object, i.e. a mod, so you wouldn't want to slip that into people's games without them knowing.

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 5:55 PM
Package files don't get automatically included with anything, so you need to link to this post. That's for the best anyway. The shell sound emitter object is a scripted object, i.e. a mod, so you wouldn't want to slip that into people's games without them knowing.

Ok, thanks. I'll just put it in a save file maybe, like when I populate. So these need to be updated with each patch?
Original Poster
#71 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel
So these need to be updated with each patch?
Depends on whether the related EAxian coding changes. I do reupload packages with freshly compiled script resources for every patch, though. And after the mess with some of my mods causing meteor madness after some patch, even though none of the coding or package format changed, I just say "updated" (instead of "old version safe to use") and recommend to redownload just to be safe.

Test Subject
#72 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 2:37 PM
Nice Work Buzzler,but i have a question:Is the build/buy-restrictions-choker compatible with the newer 1.32 Patch?
Scholar
#73 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 9:47 PM
Nice Tool! Thankyou Very Much! And for Updating! The Builder Thanks You!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 9:58 PM
what am I doing wrong? I have apartment buildings with the community mailbox. the first floor has two apartments side by, the second floor 1 apartment with the front door fenced off behind a gate, the 3rd floor is same as the 2nd floor. I downloaded this mod a few months ago and have never been able to use it. I was also never able to get the NPC door option without the door. when I ctrl + shift + click the door I get " object" with the option to "delete".

I then also tried the old way I read to do it without the mod ( did not take the mod out) on the 1st floor I added a small non-usable hallway btwn the two apartments, and I also added enclosed foyers in-front of the front doors, put public room markers in the foyers and hidden room markers in the apartments and still nothing except delete object comes up.
Test Subject
#75 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 1:44 PM
It works also with 1.33?
Page 3 of 7