Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 1:02 PM
Default TS1 separating animations from linked sounds?
I'm trying to use animations from different expansions for different reactions, but notice that in House Party onwards, animations seem to link and play to there desired sound file automatically without any code telling them to play...

for example if I replaced A2O-tantrum with a2o-fan-scream my sims will perform said animation... but sound like the obsessed fan. (this is without me touching or adding any sound files) Is there a way to stop this from happening? expansions had so many great animations, it's a shame there strapped to there sound files.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jan 2023 at 2:16 AM
To finally respond for anyone in the future looking to solve this...

You can either use the false tree of the animation to stop all sounds which I think should still suppress sounds embedded in the animations, then use the appropriate events to play your own at the right time OR...

Looking at the files in a hex editor there is a sound.(filename) declared in the animation data. I suspect if you zero fill the filename it will just ignore the missing sound, however it may be more desirable to hack in a sound you're actually looking for. I think this was done to better sync sounds with animations (particularly in superstar, where you want the dancing to match the music reliably). You would then want to rename the animation as a custom one. I have not actually tested this, but it would be the place to start, probably.