Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 8:48 PM
Default How I make the light from the second floor illuminates the first floor too?
Hello everyone. I'm building a concert stage in the sims 2, and i want to make two floors, because i don't like to have a stage with one level. I want to put a light on top of the stage in the secont floor, but i have to use the cheat: "moveobjects on" to place it. The problem is that the light doesn't illuminate the stage on the first floor. And it totally makes no sense, because if there's no a ceiling on the first floor and you place a light in the ceiling on the second floor, it should also illuminate the first floor too. Please help me with this problem. I want to make the stage more epic. If anyone knows how to fix it (in the game or with a mod), please help me. Thanks!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 9:30 PM
You'd need a config mod for this, such as Radiance Lighting. This allows light to bleed across portals (different stories are treated as portals in the game).
This is the original Radiance Lighting system:
https://modthesims.info/d/101456
This is a more modern one, it's the one I use:
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=290746
There are many others available too.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 9:45 PM
If you don't want to change the lighting system in your game, but still want similar effect, you can download invisible ceiling lights and place those underneath the real lights. (I use the ones from Nixed Sims here and here.)

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)