Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 3:50 AM
VERY weird day...
Ok, so I just got nightlife and it was my first time in a cafe. Since I really didn't understand the new EP well, I made 'test' family... A teen, Lily, And her mum, Jessica. So, the night started out really weird... First, Jessica got a call from someone she had never met before. And the guy asked to go out on the town with him and his friends. I was like, "Ok, so this guy Jessica has never met before, asked her out on a group outing... ok a little weird but ok, I'll make her go along with it..." Yea, a little strange, i thought. And Get This - His name started with an 'X' ?? So, ok, I let Jessica take her sports car downtown to a cafe place. She went into the car alone when she took off from home, but when she got to the cafe, she had all these other sims along with that 'X' guy! And I'm like, "Ok, i dont know if she took a side trip or they just teleported into her car or what, but ok...." So, they go into the cafe and the Tellerman guy seats them... I made Jessica order, and the other sims would NOT choose anything! Ok, Jessica's sitting there with people she has never met before who teleported into her car while she was driving to a cafe with sims she doesn't know!?

And I made Jessica order something and the other sims just sat there talkin to each other. I thought "OK, if you aren't going to order for yourselves, I'm making you eat cake for dinner." So everyone finished eating and Jessica had to pay because no one else would.:meh: So Jessica got up and went over to play chess or whatever outside on the deck. Some other sim of the group joined her and they seemed to be getting along, ... So Five real minutes later after watching SimChess I moved my camera around to see what everyone else was doing.

Then, right beside Jessica and the other Chess-playing-sim was a vampire. Yup. I was zoomed in so i came right across his face, (which i could not see his teeth very well because he had his arm over his face, lol) And I was like, "Wow, coolio. A Vampire... " Cool right? Well sure untill after Jessica got up from Chess And the Vampire went BLEH!! right in her face! So, I made Jessica keep on talking to him untill it became daytime.. HEHE, mess with my sim will you! :nana: His body started to smoke and he ran out of there, :D. After a long day, Jessica left the chaos and went home.. I told her to go to bed, but she slept for three seconds, got up, complained for a shower and toliet. She wouldn't go to bed unless she got what she wanted. :disagree:

What a day. Very Interesting, eh? lol, also very confusing i suppose (Or maybe that's normal in nightlife?) Thanks for reading I thought this was pretty funny so i thought i should share :D
Advertisement
#2 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 5:12 AM
Yup thats all pretty normal in nightlife. Sometimes sims wont sleep well if they needs are in red or they really have to go to the bathroom that might explain why or she just wasn't that tired.
Site Helper
#3 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 5:33 PM
Be careful of that vampire. Now that they are getting friendly, he could end up biting her.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 10:07 PM
lol, ok :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 4:14 AM
I just installed it last night, and I'm looking for vampires, I want a vampire family, I haven't found one yet, but I'm just starting to explore downtown, so I don't plan on going to bed tonight until I have my very own vampire under my control
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by .:MileyTiger:.
Ok, so I just got nightlife and it was my first time in a cafe. Since I really didn't understand the new EP well, I made 'test' family... A teen, Lily, And her mum, Jessica. So, the night started out really weird... First, Jessica got a call from someone she had never met before. And the guy asked to go out on the town with him and his friends. I was like, "Ok, so this guy Jessica has never met before, asked her out on a group outing... ok a little weird but ok, I'll make her go along with it..." Yea, a little strange, i thought. And Get This - His name started with an 'X' ?? So, ok, I let Jessica take her sports car downtown to a cafe place. She went into the car alone when she took off from home, but when she got to the cafe, she had all these other sims along with that 'X' guy! And I'm like, "Ok, i dont know if she took a side trip or they just teleported into her car or what, but ok...." So, they go into the cafe and the Tellerman guy seats them... I made Jessica order, and the other sims would NOT choose anything! Ok, Jessica's sitting there with people she has never met before who teleported into her car while she was driving to a cafe with sims she doesn't know!?

And I made Jessica order something and the other sims just sat there talkin to each other. I thought "OK, if you aren't going to order for yourselves, I'm making you eat cake for dinner." So everyone finished eating and Jessica had to pay because no one else would.:meh: So Jessica got up and went over to play chess or whatever outside on the deck. Some other sim of the group joined her and they seemed to be getting along, ... So Five real minutes later after watching SimChess I moved my camera around to see what everyone else was doing.

Then, right beside Jessica and the other Chess-playing-sim was a vampire. Yup. I was zoomed in so i came right across his face, (which i could not see his teeth very well because he had his arm over his face, lol) And I was like, "Wow, coolio. A Vampire... " Cool right? Well sure untill after Jessica got up from Chess And the Vampire went BLEH!! right in her face! So, I made Jessica keep on talking to him untill it became daytime.. HEHE, mess with my sim will you! :nana: His body started to smoke and he ran out of there, :D. After a long day, Jessica left the chaos and went home.. I told her to go to bed, but she slept for three seconds, got up, complained for a shower and toliet. She wouldn't go to bed unless she got what she wanted. :disagree:

What a day. Very Interesting, eh? lol, also very confusing i suppose (Or maybe that's normal in nightlife?) Thanks for reading I thought this was pretty funny so i thought i should share :D

definetly normal.... i always have vampires bleh! in my sims faces....( cuz its fun to watch ) and guys always call up for an outing even if they dunno who they are....

Life is unfair to those who can't comprehend their mistakes
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 4:49 AM
You know, I have never spotted a vampire downtown. Once one of my Sims had one as a random date...but sadly, she was killed in a housefire before she could introduce him to anyone. That crumb didn't even call the fire department; he just watched her burn. Then he watched her roommate burn, too.
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 10:03 PM
lol sims... fun to watch and play with, but not that bright
Instructor
#9 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by .:MileyTiger:.
So, they go into the cafe and the Tellerman guy seats them... I made Jessica order, and the other sims would NOT choose anything!

This is according to the Prima guide: "...it's a good idea to keep an eye on the date before ordering to see what his or her favorite food is. Once seated, he or she will flash a thought balloon of his or her favorite dish. Ordering a date's favorite food (rather than letting him or her do it) is a Date Event that can substantially improve Date score and make dining a fruitful dating activity."

On a side note, if you choose to order "Chef's Choice" from the waiter, that will also get the sim's favorite food, but you won't get the points. Hope that helps!
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 4:49 PM
Oh, but they weren't on a date they were on a group outing. But i never knew that, thank you, i will use it in the future :D
#11 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 5:37 AM
Lol, yeah that's pretty much the 'norm' in Nightlife Once I took a sim family on a trip to the park and there was a resturaunt. Well, the family gathered in near the seating booth and the mum gets seated, but the rest of the family is left standing there??? How do I get a FAMILY seated?
Site Helper
#12 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 4:29 PM
You need to have them in a casual group or an outing, not just have everybody pile into the taxi (or car) and go out. Otherwise what one sim does has no effect on other sims unless they are asked to join. (or decide to join by themselves.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook