Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2751 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 12:41 AM
When you set it up as a start up application! I've been wanting this for years, didn't know how easy it was to set up in Windows 10! I set up a shortcut link (like the one on desktop) in the system:startup folder and checked it was set as on in windows settings! Now I don't even have to open it!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2752 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 5:57 AM
Watching the PBS station like I always do on Saturdays and the show "This Old House" came on. Usually, I change the channel at that time, but I had been doing something when it started, so it was on for a bit. While the show was on, someone talked about a New England style of house called the "three-decker." It's a 3-story house with a deck in the same location on each level, built in Victorian times. "This would be great to use for apartment lots," I thought. The person then mentioned that families would live in one story and rent out the other two, confirming my theory.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Forum Resident
#2753 Old 4th May 2021 at 10:16 AM
...there's some godawful machine noise outside and your immediate thought, granted in a half-awake state, is "can you mod this out?". I wish.

I am Error.
Scholar
#2754 Old 9th May 2021 at 5:10 PM
You cancel your Sim's autonomous attempt to watch television in case you see the results of the F1 Grand Prix you recorded but haven't watched yet.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2755 Old 9th May 2021 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
You cancel your Sim's autonomous attempt to watch television in case you see the results of the F1 Grand Prix you recorded but haven't watched yet.
Spoiler- Mazepin spun again
Scholar
#2756 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 1:21 AM
...you go on high alert at the sound of someone messing with your garbage bin. It's not even the same sound (wheelie bin vs the rather antiquated metal can) but the sound of it being moved and the lid slammed made me immediately think, "Who's messing with the bin?" because I knew everyone in the household was in the house. Turns out it was a neighbour throwing her trash in the bin and moving it out to the road because tomorrow's trash day and she'll be out of town then, as she explained by text after the fact. (Her bins are kept behind a gate which may have dogs behind it at any given time, so I see why she couldn't ask me to just move her bin back in after the truck comes through. I don't mind -- we've helped each other out with food, toilet paper, snow and parking over the past year -- but an alert ahead of time would have saved me wondering who hates anyone in this house that much.)
Lab Assistant
#2757 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 7:10 PM
Whenever you hear the word "townie" you think of the Sims.
Mad Poster
#2758 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 2:47 AM
You see a hairstyle (on a person, on TV, in an ad, it doesn't matter) and think, "Yeah, I've got that CC."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2759 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 1:09 AM
I think I was possibly playing the Sims a bit too much (or certainly thinking about them a bit too much) when, a couple of years ago, I bought myself a little pair of sky blue shorts to match Andrew's!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#2760 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 6:58 PM Last edited by sugoisama : 30th Jun 2021 at 10:49 AM.
I just gave my student the homework to write a story about Nina and Dina Caliente. I wonder if he's gonna do them justice or if it's gonna be as boring as his stories usually are. At least he'll learn the words "affair" and "dating" so

Update: he failed to notice that the sentence "Nina and Don dated in high school" is in the past tense, so he wrote the story as if Nina, Dina and Don were still in high school. Nothing was done to Mortimer and Cassandra's engagement, though, so Dina was a 17 year old dating a widow, and Don was an 18 year old who was engaged and set to marry in high school. He should stop watching glee.
Field Researcher
#2761 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 5:33 PM
I have a couple of Sims who were roommates and started relationships with a couple of Sims that are related and live together. So I move them out separately to maximize the "free $20,000".
Top Secret Researcher
#2762 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 6:07 PM
You try to pause a youtube video by pressing "p"

You hear "Goooo gerbits!" in your dreams

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#2763 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 8:18 PM
Quote:
You hear "Goooo gerbits!" in your dreams

Doesn't everyone?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#2764 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 3:14 PM
A few days ago i went to get a well-needed haircut and the hairdresser was extremely impressed with how shiny my hair is, to the point that he called his coworker to make a gif of it. Then he showed it to me and my first thought was "wow I have pooklet hair in real life"
Mad Poster
#2765 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 9:14 PM
I noticed a girl on the 'bus the other day. When I saw her face, I thought "That's Face 1".

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#2766 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 7:24 AM
I just had a dream where I discovered two things, and rushed to MTS to write about them in the What did you discover today thread.

One is that if you had a lot that's built completely over water and try to use the moveObjects cheat to erase the road, the road will generate some seemingly random tiles in its place, but the tiles will be looking very pretty.

The other one is that while , and . keys rotate objects by 45°, the - key rotates the object the same way holding the Alt key in TS3 does (finer rotation).
Forum Resident
#2767 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I noticed a girl on the 'bus the other day. When I saw her face, I thought "That's Face 1".

"Worst she could say is no"
Her: "You have face 1"
Mad Poster
#2768 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 10:37 AM
Me in the car with (non-sims-playing relatives), son-in-law is driving.
I am simply looking around - "Those windows in that building were made by Leefish. That house has a door from Honeywell's build set...."
Perhaps I should not have expected any replies....
Forum Resident
#2769 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 5:21 PM
Well... at the moment whenever I'm watching something that has a sunset, or just has a nice sky in general, I keep thinking; "That would make a good sky box for my neighbourhoods..." I've discovered them recently and they really do make neighbourhoods look pretty. And I keep bookmarking a lot of CC that I've yet to download...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#2770 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 10:23 AM
I met a family yesterday (well, some of them)
He was a widower with 5 kids.
She was a widow with 4.
A mutual friend arranged a date for them
The got married a year later and she fell pregnant
And had twins

I keep on thinking: What a great Sims family you will make
Forum Resident
#2771 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 12:20 PM
i know i’ve been playing too much when i’m currently unable to play (laptop charger broke) and i’m literally itching to play the game. Grrr, so impatient.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Scholar
#2772 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 7:32 PM
When your kitchen sink springs a leak and you remind yourself you'll need to take out the No Bathroom Dishes mod if the super can't fix it right away!
Link Ninja
#2773 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 8:02 PM
When you, on vacation, are hiking a 4.5 mile (6 hour) round trip trail on a mountain with 2000 ft elevation changes and are coming back down, completely miserable, with jelly legs and no comfort, have to use the restroom, and have bad hygiene, and when your sister looks at you from 30 feet ahead on the trail and gives you a look like 'what's your problem?' you just wave your arms helplessly above your head and breathlessly shout 'Hoobie Doobie dact ef nur!!!'

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#2774 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 4:26 AM
More a sign of playing games too much in general, when before you do something irl you're not totally sure about, you subconsciously think for a moment, 'it's okay, if this doesn't work out I'll just not save and reload'. (Dang, if only you could actually do that )

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Forum Resident
#2775 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 9:27 PM
...when you've played a bunch on speed 3 and start noticing your thoughts and movements become quicker and more frantic to match the speed of the game.
And you think it's probably time to stop for the day and turn the game off, and mere minutes later you're already longing for the next play session.

I am Error.
Page 111 of 115