Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#9151 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 12:35 AM
I had a toddler play with one of the toddler-specific toys and then his parent sat down on the floor to help and play with him. I feel like with all my years of playing this shouldn't be the first time that happened, but I can only remember seeing it with the doll house.

I am Error.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#9152 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:32 AM
I play the Sims 2 for almost 7 years and up until last night I had never seen that in my game, I didn't even know that it could happen! One toddler drinking her bottle and the other trying to "steal" it! What else is there to find out about this masterpiece of a game???
The black-haired toddler is Dawn Curious (I totaly "borrowed" her name from Pleasant Sims' Strangetown stream ) and she is Pascal's daughter, the " bottle-thief" is Vidcund's daughter. I was trying for the first time to use a custom PT (because Maxis default PT was the cause for "monster" sims to be born in my game!) and Vincund had freaking twins, at least they are not as "fugly" as they could be if their "father" was Maxis-PT. What caught me by surprise, though, was that Vincund's daughter wasn't even hungry when she stole Dawn's bottle and IIRC she has the most "nice" personality points between the 2 of them but she did that anyway
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#9153 Old 4th May 2021 at 12:48 AM
That sims can roll wants to encourage specific traits in others. PT9 wanted to encourage laziness in his son.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#9154 Old 4th May 2021 at 10:34 AM Last edited by sugoisama : 4th May 2021 at 6:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
If an evil witch comes to your business, you can ask her to leave before she curses the lot. She'll just shake your hand and fly off.

I'm at least 3% sure that's how Sleeping Beauty's story started

Also, my discoveries:
- Apparently one of the mourning choices for sims is to stomp angrily. I guess it could be understandable when it's an untimely death, but I found this when elder Corey Oakley died of old age and his widow Helen started stomping angrily when I had her mourn at his urn.
- If my experiences are not mistaken, YA and adult sims (maybe just popularity ones?) will generally roll a very first woohoo want if they throw a party. Maybe this works for teens with first kisses too? Or maybe this is just a coded thing in the throw party want tree? Anyway, I found it useful to know how to force these kinds of things.
Field Researcher
#9155 Old 5th May 2021 at 1:38 AM
Sims cannot go bowling if they're in a bad mood. Also, they'll tell you this even if free will is on and they chose to do it themselves.
Mad Poster
#9156 Old 5th May 2021 at 3:54 AM
Does bowling build a skill? If so, that's probably why. I've never actually taken them bowling before, though, so I actually don't know.
Mad Poster
#9157 Old 5th May 2021 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Does bowling build a skill? If so, that's probably why. I've never actually taken them bowling before, though, so I actually don't know.

Yes, it builds body skill.
Scholar
#9158 Old 6th May 2021 at 2:20 AM
I have just started staggering the ages of my starter families rather than having them all start at the beginning of their life stages. My oldest starting sim had the family aspiration and only 11 days until he aged up. When he got to 9 days, he rolled this fear:

“grow old without having ever gotten married”

Awwww..... poor guy! Luckily, he got met his soulmate that very round.
Mad Poster
#9159 Old 6th May 2021 at 8:17 PM
I just managed to get my sims to leave for work by walking to work with a special version of the Walk To Work and School Mod uploaded here.It only works in the sim pie menu though that does open up more apartment lots for working sims now that I've installed that patch in my game to restore that option.
Scholar
#9160 Old 7th May 2021 at 2:41 AM
Romance sims can roll wants to have a harem. I posted pics in Pleasant Sims discord and maybe I’ll post the pic here later.

My romance sim accepted a proposal. Shortly after, while on a date with his fiancé, he rolled wants to marry three different sims at the same time!! He still had the fear to marry his fiancé, but apparently he’s fine with the idea of marriage. He just wants to marry *everyone*
Mad Poster
#9161 Old 8th May 2021 at 6:05 AM
Yep! Romance sims eventually roll wants for marriage. Pleasure sims who get fed up of having a million dates also start rolling ever-increasingly desperate marriage wants. They just don't like the idea of picking one XD

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#9162 Old 8th May 2021 at 6:36 AM
I discovered sims could be invited to join or join other sims while they "view all" And now their weird behavior looking at art makes sense! I saw two sims walking around a community lot viewing art. They looked like they were talking to each other and discussing the art to each other. Even the loud laughter looks appropriate when another sim pauses a bit to "watch" the reaction of the other sim. (I think they take turns reacting and look at the other sim while they wait) It made the stuff that peeves me about "view" so charming.
Field Researcher
#9163 Old 8th May 2021 at 10:02 PM
Not technically discovered while playing, but I found an unused interaction in the sink semi-globals called "wash clothes". featuring looped electrocution animations (?)
leftovers from a scrapped laundry feature I guess
Scholar
#9164 Old 9th May 2021 at 1:28 AM
Default k
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Yep! Romance sims eventually roll wants for marriage. Pleasure sims who get fed up of having a million dates also start rolling ever-increasingly desperate marriage wants. They just don't like the idea of picking one XD

His fiance is a pleasure sim. It shocked me when she randomly rolled the want to marry him on a date. After they got engaged she was like, yay! I'm gonna juggle bottles from the fridge now! I think if her fiance told her "Hey, I wanna marry two other chicks as well as you," She'd say "Go for it! That sounds great!" I think she's not going to be polyamorous, but she's thinks her husband should sleep around with the whole town (he's bi) if he wants to. Because it's fun for him. ACR will make them the perfect couple.
Forum Resident
#9165 Old 9th May 2021 at 7:31 PM
So apparently. When your house is a home business, the "business value" is calculated into the lot value. Meaning now that I shut the business down before moving my family out, I had them lose out on 10k simoleons probably. : )
Top Secret Researcher
#9166 Old 10th May 2021 at 8:09 AM
That dogs could satisfy hunger by eating flowers. How did I not know that? I guess there was always dog food available and this one time there wasn't.
Field Researcher
#9167 Old 10th May 2021 at 6:59 PM
I just found out that the Brokes really do have a pool in their backyard. It doesn't have a ladder and it's too tiny to play Marco Polo in, much to the disappointment of my sims.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#9168 Old 13th May 2021 at 3:58 AM
I discovered that female pixels can indeed get pregnant in the photobooth! I sent Frankie and Sylvie Marie Mashuga to the local bowling alley (Moo's) and they partook of the photobooth.
Sylvie woke up early the next morning pregnant from it. She's very pleased because she wants to have a baby. Frankie is happy because it means he's a stud.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#9169 Old 15th May 2021 at 12:43 PM
So in Riverblossom Hills, there's a residential lot called "111 Vine Street". I came across this lot in the Hungarian version first, where it was actually translated.

But the translated name was "Bor utca".

"Utca" means street, that one's fine. But "bor" means...

"Bor" means wine.
Scholar
#9170 Old 16th May 2021 at 10:34 PM
Well, wine comes from vines
Forum Resident
#9171 Old 18th May 2021 at 7:04 PM
I read the prima guide for seasons in search for some gardening tips, but all I found out was that apparently, the gardening badge is boosted by charisma of all skills. How the hell you're supposed to figure that out on your own is beyond me.
Theorist
#9172 Old 19th May 2021 at 9:34 PM
I mean, you gotta up your game before attempting to sweet-talk those hot plants into blossoming, man. Otherwise you'll be seen as a loser.
Mad Poster
#9173 Old 20th May 2021 at 12:07 AM
I discovered that if there are any young adults on the lot who are either in their senior year or on academic probation and who have less than five hours until the final exam, you can't leave the lot. I have no idea why this is the case.
Theorist
#9174 Old 20th May 2021 at 9:35 AM
Have you tried having them leave to a community lot 6 hours before the finals and then staying there until the final takes place?
Mad Poster
#9175 Old 20th May 2021 at 1:56 PM
It's so they can't accidentally miss that final final.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 367 of 445