Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 7:11 PM
Default Do you like throwing New year's bash party?
Thoughts, opinions, answers... whatever.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 7:14 PM
I never knew it was a thing. Apparently I don't play sims enough then.

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 7:45 PM
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 7:55 PM
Last time I did that, my sims somehow befriended Father time and Baby New year - They don't show up in the relationship pannel but every sim that has died of old age who attended the party kept leaving money to them. I got worried about breaking my game so I've avoided them since.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 8:00 PM
I know it exists but I’ve never done anything about it. Nor did I do something with Santa.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Theorist
#6 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 8:18 PM
I don't do holidays in my game so...nope.
Link Ninja
#7 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 8:24 PM
I've done it once. It was fine, they all went outside and huzza'd about the new year, the old man came and turned to a baby to then waddle off. However The next time I did it, I hated it because I guess I threw the party too early and everyone at the party froze until father time came...so I haven't done it since.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 9:02 PM
Of course, Any excuse for a party
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 9:06 PM
I don't do it in every family, but there's always at least one family that throws one during the winter rotation in my hood. The game doesn't offer much in terms of celebrations and holidays, so it seems a shame to me to miss the opportunity I can't say that I'm super fond of Father Time-thing in itself, but at least they do something to mark the start of the new year

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Baby New year

*Shudder*

Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 10:25 PM
I used to throw a lot of New Year's parties, until one time when I was playing a household and the game kept crashing during the party. I got so fed up with the whole thing I actually completely stopped playing that 'hood, and nowadays I rarely play New Year's parties. I still do occasionally, but I tend to keep the number of guests fairly low and I save right before phoning for the party and then I don't save again until the party has finished!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 11:55 PM
I don't have that SP, so nope.
Theorist
#13 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 12:06 AM
I'm not against the idea, just haven't used that feature in years - honestly forget about it being an option.

I tend to have an easier time remembering to throw random parties centered around other events (birthday, Halloween, Christmas, engagement, summer party, high school graduation). Started doing the high school graduation one last year with my latest hood as a way to simulate the 'open house' that is common in the U.S. for graduates going to college (I just have guest gift funds to the graduate via Pescado's money order feature).

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 12:35 AM
Nah, too much to deal with with the whole baby new year thing lol. I do however throw Thanksgiving dinners and sometimes for Christmas too.
Scholar
#15 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 12:36 AM
I use the New Year's Day party for holiday celebrations around Christmas and Turning (sorry, New Year).
Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 12:44 AM
Not anymore. Ever since the glitch years ago that gave me the freaky Santa (bald scalp and no other part of the head) and subsequent problems with Baby New Year, I think I played them once or twice to make sure I managed to fix them, then never played them again. I think I'm still concerned I'll see the same thing in the future, even years after the fact. I never did figure out how this happened in the first place. They were just fine for a while, then weird stuff happened.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.