Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#101 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:12 AM
Default Gen 3, Part 5: Beaker

Despite the distractions caused by his sister’s heart-wrenching betrayal (or was it gut-wrenching? Loki made a mental note to find out) and his mother’s adoption of a weirdo kid, the day for Loki Beaker’s wedding with Circe Salamis finally arrived.

Gundrun was excited. Her own wedding had been a private affair, but her son’s wedding should be big.

Strangetown’s higher society had been invited - the McGorks, the Halfdanarssons and the Salamis.

Angus McGork and Erik Halfdanarsson in front, Grainne Salamis and... either Isabella McGork or Helena Halfdanarsson... behind and Carl Salamis (born Loste) last. After xanthos, the Salamis family managed to only produce daughters for the last two generations, so Circe's younger sister kept her name (as will her daughter).

There was a huge buffet and a wedding arch.

The party was a huge success.

There's Circe's sister Alessa.

Fully satisfied now that Circe was forever his, Loki even deigned to offer a hand of reconciliation to the Curious brothers - at least, to Pascal and Lazlo. After all, Pascal had never done him any harm and Loki had the vague hope that if he made peace with Lazlo and Erin, Gundrun would get distracted enough to allow him to remove that weird kid.

“I have spared no expense in re-opening my late father’s laboratory.” Loki explained to his awestruck listeners. “As you may recall, it was closed after his death, because my poor mother wished so. However, enough time has now passed that I consider it acceptable to put the space to its intended use again. As a gesture of my goodwill, I offer you the chance to take a look at my private laboratory filled with the newest in technological advances.”

The brothers assured Loki that they felt very honored indeed and he led them up the stairs.

It was a very impressive lab, and Pascal and Lazlo were suitably impressed. The equipment was first-rate - a lot of it better than what they were used to from their jobs.

The lab-assistant was kind of weird though, especially since Loki shooed him out of the room almost as soon as they entered.

Loki was only too happy to explain the machinery to his guests. In fact, he was so excited to finally have someone other than that Nervous kid to talk to that he found himself sharing some of his latest research with Pascal, which he hadn’t planned to.

“Naturally, this will not be an issue.” Loki explained to Nervous over dinner. “There is such a thing as honor among scientists and while I wouldn’t trust Vidcund as far as I can throw him and am not so sure about Lazlo either, Pascal is not a person who would betray my confidence like this. Wouldn’t you agree?”

“He seemed nice enough.”

“He also does not sneak around Circe, unlike other members of his family. Although I do suspect that he does in fact harbor a quiet passion for my impressive self. Something in the way he looks at me, you see?”

I did not, in fact, see that happening. I mean, there have been weird pairings in other iterations of Strangetown, but I felt that one might be pushing it. Me? Normal. Nobody? Lots of times. Maids? Sure, why not? Bella Goth? Okay. Ripp Grunt? Now we’re getting weird. But Loki? That’s a new one.

I checked the Strangetown thread for possible Pascal pairings and that's what I found. As for how Nervous got that knowledge... he'll explain later.

As for the Pascal/Loki pairing, I couldn't find any instance of it happening and it does seem completely absurd and unlikely to ever happen.

Right, Pascal?

In his defense, he does that for everyone.

Stop that, Pascal!

Except for the mailman. Even Pascal seems to have his limits.

Coming up next, Buck Grunt!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#102 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 1:00 PM
Default Gen 3, Part 6: Grunt

The Grunt family life continued in harmony. Buzz had never had the slightest suspicion about Lyla’s affair and she had settled into her role as a housewife for a while. With Chip’s and Missy’s passing, there was a lot of work in the household that kept Lyla busy.

Buzz kept getting promoted in the army and already little Tank seemed like he wanted to follow in his father’s footsteps. He was a lot like Buzz at that age.

Ripp didn’t show as much interest in the military as Tank, having inherited more of his mother’s chaotic nature, but Buzz was convinced he’d be able to bring him round eventually.

When Ripp was old enough to go to school, Lyla was overjoyed to have some time to herself.

She started to tag along with Chloe on trips to the city, where they would visit bars and discos and generally have a good time away from home.

Those outings often went on long into the night, much to Buzz’ annoyance. He didn’t approve of his wife staying out so late, especially not with one of those greenskins.

Lyla, however, very much enjoyed her newfound freedom.

That freedom abruptly ended when she found herself pregnant for the third time.

Chloe took the news pretty calm. Her and Gallagher had thought about having children for a while (with an added wedding to please P.T.), so she decided to keep her friend company.

“We’ll be the hottest moms in town, you’ll see!” Chloe announced.

At the Grunt household, Ripp still didn’t show any enthusiasm for the army and Tank relentlessly bullied him about it.

Lyla wasn’t around for most of the time and Buzz figured that a bit of rivalry might be just the push Ripp needed, so the fighting continued.

The situation got more difficult when Buzz caught wind of Lyla’s activities at the Newson household.

Bubble Blowers and Fruit Juicers were considered unhealthy for pregnant women, and on hearing that Lyla was enjoying those activities at Chloe’s house, Buzz put his foot down.

They had long, drawn-out fights about this. Buzz demanded that Lyla should stop seeing Chloe, insisting that she had always been bad company and now was putting his unborn child in danger. Lyla wouldn’t hear any of this.

Lyla eventually gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Buck, so Buzz thought all would be fine now. After all, Lyla would naturally calm down now that she had a new baby to take care of.

Lyla, however, saw things differently. She left Buzz.

When it became clear that the divorce was final, Buzz resigned himself to his fate. He raised his children and eventually got promoted to general.

Tank became a teenager and was excited to continue the military tradition. Like Buzz before him, he joined the army at the earliest possible age, trained hard and constantly wore facepaint.

Ripp, meanwhile, was more of a socialite, especially when it came to girls. He was insanely popular with them.

Hey, it's Angelika Newson, aka the not-green twin!

Little Buck grew into a quiet, bookish child. His father was busy with his job and his brothers were always fighting, so he kept to himself a lot. He barely knew his mother. The kids spent time with her on alternate weekends, but she was busy a lot of the time. Lyla now had an apartment in the city, she worked at a fitness studio and had an extensive social life. “I’m finally living.” Ripp overheard her telling Buzz one evening.

Then Ripp’s birthday rolled around. Birthdays were one of the few occasions when Lyla still entered the Grunt household and he was looking forward to it.

But the birthday came and went and still there was no sign of Lyla.

“Just eat already.” Tank broke the long silence. The children had waited at the table for a long time. Eventually Tank had eaten his pie and Buck had gotten started on his, before putting himself to bed early. Only Ripp was still staring at his uneaten pie, fork in hand.

“I’m waiting for mom.”

Both boys stared in silence for a while.

“I don’t think she’s…”

“Shut UP!”

Finally, Ripp threw his fork down and went upstairs.

Tank didn’t even reprimand his brother. He just cleaned up the dishes and went to bed as well.

Ripp spent the first night of his teenage life staring holes in the ceiling and wondering where his mother could be. It was the first of many night spent in that fashion.

Sorry for the break, my sister kidnapped me last weekend. Have an extra long update!

With that, the Grunt household has arrived at the starting point of Maxis Strangetown. Lyla has disappeared and that's all they know for now. As to how and why, that's for another update. I will leave you with this cut picture, however:

The boys look pretty close to their Maxis counterparts, although it's pretty funny that this time around, Tank is the one with softer facial features and Ripp's are harder. In fact, Ripp looks more like his father than he'd like to admit. As for Buck, he looks like the Maxis Buck, but with child sims it's easy. Unless they're called Jill Smith and insist on being green. He still looks like the Maxis Buck when he grows older, so there's that.

Coming up next: Ophelia's new home
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#103 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 9:33 AM
Default Gen 3, Part 7: Spector, Smith

Ophelia didn’t like Auntie Olive’s house much. It was dark and old and spooky. Her parents’ house had been very bright and modern.

Auntie Olive did her best to make her feel welcome though and Ophelia thought she’d get used to the house eventually.

It was really hard at nights, when she was lonely. Ophelia always thought of her parents then.

Living right next to the graveyard had scared Ophelia at first, but after Auntie Olive showed her the graves of her parents and grandparents, going there became a ritual for Ophelia.

As Ophelia grew older, she started to spend more time away from Olive and her gloomy house, hanging out at the mall a lot. There she met Jonny Smith, on an errand to buy clothes for his baby sister.

A baby sister sounded wonderful and after Ophelia had helped Jonny pick out something not too pink, she gladly accepted his invitation to meet little Jill.

Once arrived, Jenny insisted that Ophelia had to stay for dinner and Ophelia was officially made a member of the family. Apparently this was how things usually worked at the Smith household, Jenny had adopted a lot of Jonny’s friends over the years.

It was completely different from Ophelia’s home. This place was light and filled with people. She thought that this must have been what her life would be like if her parents hadn’t died.

Ophelia quickly became a regular guest at the Smith house, along with Jonny’s best friend Ripp and his cousin Irina. And eventually, she and Jonny started dating.

Of course Jonny had to be introduced to Olive. She was very polite to him, but after Jonny had left, Olive sat down with a stern look on her face.

To Ophelia’s surprise, Olive didn’t say a word about Jonny. Instead, she started to talk about the time when she had been Ophelia’s age.

Ophelia listened to Olive’s stories about her family with surprise. Olive rarely even mentioned them. She was delighted to hear that Olive thought she was a lot like her mother.

As you can probably guess, this was not meant as a compliment.

Eventually, Olive got up and ordered her niece to put on her best dress. “We are going to visit your parents’ graves. I think this is the best place. I have a surprise planned for you.”

When Ophelia arrived at the graveyard, Olive was nowhere to be seen. A bubbling cauldron had been placed between the stones. As she looked around in confusion, a strange tingling went through her and she felt as if something inside her changed.

When Ophelia came to, she was lying in her bedroom. Over dinner, Olive explained to her niece that she had just cast a spell to turn her into a witch. Ophelia, as her only surviving relative, was meant to be the successor of the Muenda bloodline.

“Of course, since you are not a direct descendant, I had to resort to some tricks to make this happen. Never mind what, I’ll explain it to you when you’re ready. And I’m sorry to say that you will be a rather weak witch despite all of this. But the important thing is that our legacy will live on in you and your daughters.

“Which is why that alien boy won’t do. He is not from a magically inclined family - Glarn never had much use for that - and who knows if his alien side is even capable of using those abilities. Ideally, you would wed someone from a magic bloodline, but those are rather rare these days. It absolutely will need to be a human though. Fully human. No way around that.”

Ophelia’s first instinct was to protest against all of this. But as the lessons continued, Ophelia started to realize the simple truth: Olive’s plan had already worked. She had changed her into a witch. There was no way around that. Ophelia would never be normal again.

And there's the final Strangetown teenager. Yes, Lyla was just a random victim for Olive. She had ties to Strangetown through her sons, she lived alone and she was notorious for going off for several weeks without warning. Olive's goal is still what it has always been, to ensure the succession of her family line. Lyla's sacrifice was meant to boost Ophelia's dormant powers to enable her to become Ophelia's successor.

Coming up next: Buzz's sons
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#104 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 8:58 PM
Default Gen 3, Part 8 - Grunt

No trace of Lyla Grunt was ever found. She was eventually declared dead. Buzz didn’t show any wishes to remarry, running the household himself instead. It wasn’t much more work than when Lyla had been around, he thought, but he refused to mention this to his sons.

He got along swimmingly with Tank. The boy was a carbon copy of his father, proud to serve his country and continue the military tradition. Buzz couldn’t wish for a better son.

He would have settled for a slightly worse son, though. Ripp had inherited most of his mother’s personality, along with a very military tendency to brute-force his way through obstacles. He always clashed with his father over the smallest things.

Secretly, Buzz thought that Ripp’s fiery personality would make him a better general than obedient Tank. The problem, of course, was that the same personality would make Ripp a horrible soldier and probably get him court-martialed after less than a year, if he could even be convinced to cut off his long hair and join the army.

Of course, Buzz would never breathe a word about this to Ripp. Besides, Tank was bound to overcome those shortcomings eventually.

Ripp hated his brother for just going along with whatever their father said. And he hated his father because he always made him feel like a failure.

What Ripp lacked in military training, he more than made up in popularity - at least according to himself and most of Strangetown’s teen girls.

Really, Tank kept telling himself. There was absolutely no need for him to be jealous of his little brother. Just because he kept bringing home girlfriends after girlfriends. There was no need for that, after all. You only had to meet the right person once, not… test out every single woman you came across…

And there was no need to hurry. Women loved military men. Right?

Sophia Halfdanarsson is actually trying to steal the Grunt's newspaper, not getting in line for Ripp, but anyway. Also, Gvaudoin Tricou is here to spoil the next update. Thanks, Gvaudoin!

On the other hand, Tank considered, it might be good to get some preparatory training in. Tactical manoeuvers. That sort of stuff. There was no denying that Ripp had a talent for this sort of thing, so after some careful observation, Tank felt confident that he could pull this off. And as fortune would have it, a really cute girl was walking past their house right now.

Taking a deep breath, Tank walked up and said…

“Bugeye???”

“Facepaint.”

Irina Newson looked at him with an expression usually reserved for some ugly insect. Which was really unfair, all things considered. Also, facepaint?

“…Why are you here?”

“Oh, we were heading out.” Ripp said, coming up from behind and shoving his brother out of the way. “To the pool, sweetie?”

Okay, that was just about the last straw. Tank made a disgusted noise and stomped back into the house.

A short update, but one that I really enjoyed writing. The inner workings of Tank's mind are always fun.

I'll probably put up another short one during the week, since I'll be busy during the weekend.

Coming up next, Gabriel Curious and his dead relatives!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#105 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 7:40 AM
Default Gen 3, Part 9 - Tricou

Gabriel opened the heavy iron gates. His grandfather had given him detailed instructions, but he wasn’t sure how to state his unusual business. Mrs. Spector would most likely think he was crazy.

And old woman opened the door. When she saw Gabriel, she looked horrified. He thought he heard her whisper “You…” under her breath.

“My name is Gabriel. Have we met?” he asked.

The woman recovered herself. “I don’t think so. You... reminded me of someone I used to know. It doesn’t matter. Can I help you with anything?”

“Are you familiar with the name Jon Smith Tricou?”

The woman suddenly looked up. “Familiar enough to be interested in what you have to say.”

Gabriel took a deep breath. “He sent me to ask for any assistance you can lend him. He told me to say that he wishes to re-establish relations with your family, but is currently unable to.”

“I’ll bet he is.”. The woman sneered. Gabriel found himself not liking her at all. “Anything else?”

“He said to tell you that there are nine members of his family in total. With the one you already have given, this will bring your balance to zero. You would be interested in this, he said.”

The strange woman nodded to herself. “You’re not of his bloodline, are you?”

“No. My mother was adopted by Jon Smith.”

“And I assume you have no clue what you just said to me?”

“None.”

“Fine.” She went into her house and came back with a package. “This should cover my debts. As for Jon Smith Tricou’s debts to me, tell him I will collect them eventually. After his… recovery…”

Pocketing the strange package, Gabriel hurried away, hoping that this was the last he’d seen of Olive Spector. He usually wasn’t one to take first impressions seriously, but something about the old woman scared him.

Olive Spector looked after Gabriel as he left.

“Smart move, Jon Smith, not to tell the boy any needless details. But his lineage is written in his face. This is troubling.

“Not who I thought at first. I guess that would be impossible. But his brother. They did look alike…”

Still unsure and with a feeling of foreboding, Gabriel unwrapped the strange gift and followed the instructions Olive had pinned to it. Speaking the name “Jon Smith Tricou”, a strange fog enveloped Gabriel.

“Ah, that’s it, my boy.” a familiar voice said and Jon Smith materialized. “Perfectly executed. As should have been expected from the Muenda bloodline. Her powers have clearly not suffered.”

“I don’t really understand what’s going on, but I’m glad to meet you, grandfather.” Gabriel said.

“Well, you’re gonna meet a lot more of your family tonight, so hurry up!”

Resurrecting one after another, Gabriel finally walked downstairs to meet his family. They greeted him cheerfully, asking about Glabe and himself. Finally Jon Smith looked up and said

“I realize this has already taken out a lot of you, but there is one other person you need to bring back. Please go upstairs one more time.”

“Her name is Rainelle. She was not involved with our family, but we are responsible for her death. She tried to bring us back years ago, but failed and paid for it with her life. We owe her this resurrection.”

Unlike the Tricous, who had adapted quickly to their new circumstances, Rainelle seemed confused. “It’s because she’s not like us.” Gabriel’s grandmother Jennicor explained. “We were aware of our deaths and of your attempt to bring us back to life, thanks to our bloodline. This does not go for Rainelle. Or for you.”

“You will both forget about this.” Gabriel heard one of his aunts say. “It’s better that way.”

Then he blacked out.

“Well now, this is QUITE a conundrum!” the old man who had introduced himself as Jon Smith Tricou said cheerfully. “I’m sorry - well, not really sorry, but you know what I mean - that this house is still very much in possession of my family. I do realize that my wife and I rarely leave the house these days, but to hear that it has been declared empty and sold… Well, there must have been an error somewhere.”

“This is embarrassing.” Rainelle smiled. “We really thought we would find this place abandoned.”

“Not quite abandoned yet.” Jennicor said. “There is still life in these old bones. And I’m sure it must please you, dear Gabriel, to find your family alive and well.”

“I could have asked for no better surprise. And to find that my aunts and uncles are living nearby…”

Jon Smith smiled at his grandson. “You know, until this gets sorted out, why don’t you and your girlfriend stay with us? I’m sure you’d love to get acquainted with your mother’s family and there’s room enough for all of us.”

Gabriel looked at Rainelle. “This sounds perfect. Don’t you think so?”

And with that, Gabriel has added another family to Strangetown - well, to Downtown. Strangetown has grown big enough that some of the younger generations are moving to the big city, but for now it's just the Tricous and ServBot 001 Beaker with her home for stray animals. She spent a while camping in Nervous' old spot, but eventually saved up enough money to move away. A little Stray kept her company, so after its death she decided to have more animals around.

As for Gabriel, I wonder if you can now guess who his father is. Like I said before, he looks a lot like him - just ask Olive. If it helps, Gabriel is slightly older than Nervous.

Originally I was going to use the Resurrection Potion for the Tricous, but I ran into a problem with the community lot graves where the relationships with the Default family hadn't been wiped. It's probably nothing to worry about, but you know how this game is. I considered reviving only Rainelle and the teens, so that Gabriel could raise them, but ultimately I wanted Jon and Jennicor back. Olive approves of this, even if she had to hand over her Resurecto-thingy and a lot of money. Gabriel barely had inherited enough money from Glabe to buy the house.

Coming up next: Strange additions of the third kind to the Curious family
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#106 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 10:18 AM
Default Gen 3, Part 10 - Curious

Looking through his telescope one night, Pascal noticed a light moving towards him at huge speed. It enveloped him and before he could react, carried him off to the skies.

The next thing Pascal knew, he was standing in front of the house. Considering everything he knew about the family history, there was only one possible explanation for this.

“JENNY!”

“Dearest brother. What could you possibly want from me this early in the morning?”

“Did you tell your husband to abduct and impregnate me?”

“No. Hang on a second. Honey? Did you abduct and pollinate Pascal?”

“No, darling!” P.T. yelled from the kitchen where he was juggling two screaming toddlers. “I promised your father that I’d stop at two members of your family.”

Jenny returned to the phone. “P.T. says it wasn’t him.”

Pascal took a deep breath. “Get P.T. on the phone. I might just have made contact with his people.”

“Oh, that’s wonderful! We can be mommies together!”

If there ever had been any doubt about the compability of their species, P.T. often thought, his and Jenny’s union must have removed those. Jonny and Jill were two healthy enough specimens.

Then Joy and Judy were born. Twins, as P.T. understood, were rare enough with humans. Interesting enough, both girls showed his black alien eyes, unlike his first four children.

And now Jenny was pregnant a fourth time. Maybe, P.T. thought, his people had finally made their way to this planet and were now trying to contact him through Pascal’s abduction.

If that were the case, they would probably have something to say about his pollination abilities. Six children (with another one on the way) were good enough, but he was well aware that they should have been spread farther across families.

Glarn thought the news wonderful. Especially since neither of his unmarried sons seemed to show any inclination to have children. Abductions were the perfect solution!

He quickly set himself to the task of devising a perfect nutrition plan for his son.

“Your dad makes the best chicken wings! Seriously!” Loki’s lab assistant had invited himself for dinner when he found Pascal in front of a bowl with “high protein food with all the essential nutrients”.

“I have to admit, his ideas for healthy food are a lot different from Jenny’s. But I had them analyzed and they’re really good. Apparently he added some vitamin extracts. Jenny says that’s cheating, but I don’t really care. …More importantly, why are you here?”

Nervous’ shoulders slumped. “Circe… kicked me out of the house. She tends to do that for a few hours when your brother comes by.”

Pascal almost choked on a chicken wing. “Wait… Are you telling me…”

“I prefer not to know.”

It became clear to Glarn soon enough that he would not live long enough to see his grandchild born. He had to settle with imparting all of his wisdom about giving birth to alien children to his sons. When he passed away, Glarn was certain that with Vidcund’s help, Pascal would have an easier time giving birth than he’d had.

Of course, Pascal later mused, they really should have taken into account Vid’s uncanny ability to always do the wrong thing at the worst possible time.

Vidcund’s half-scared and half-overjoyed screams as he was pulled into the spaceship were drowned out by Pascal’s screams for his lazy brother to get down already and help him.

Still, Pascal managed to give birth to a healthy green boy named Tycho. He hugged the baby, put him into the cradle and went upstairs to give Vidcund a piece of his mind.

When Pascal was unable to find his brother anywhere, he got worried. Finally, as the sky grew lighter, he went outside just in time to see Nervous Subject chilling outside and counting down. At “zero”, a spaceship appeared and dropped Vidcund off.

Vidcund raised his head and looked around dizzy. Then he realized what had happened and where he was. “HOLY CRAP! I’M GONNA BE LATE FOR WORK!”

With that, he was off.

Shaking his head, Pascal went inside. There he realized that Nervous had followed him. “Can I see the baby?” he eagerly asked.

“…What baby?”

“The alien baby. Tycho.”

“…How do you know about that?”

Pascal was sure that he had tried to keep his pregnancy a secret from the Beaker household, but he assumed that Vidcund had blabbed about it to Circe. Since Nervous already knew about Tycho, he allowed him to hold the baby. Little Tycho seemed to take a liking to Nervous as soon as he saw him.

When Nervous asked Pascal if he could stay and look after the babies - obviously Vidcund was about to give birth as well - Pascal was a bit confused. Didn’t Nervous already have a place to stay? It all became very clear to him when Nervous told the story of what had happened at the Beaker household the past months.

Unborn Baby Curious has arrived! I guess technically it is the last premade sim, although little Tycho has a different father thanks to the Multi PT hack I use. If he'd been a girl, I'd have gone with Ella as a name, since that was my first Pascal's child.

Pascal figured it would be a very Jenny thing to get him pollinated, but she's too busy with her own family.

Unfortunately, Glarn died in the bathroom, so I don't have any decent pictures of that happening.

Nothing more to say except I really like Nervous' lines for this update.

Coming up next: Beaker family secrets
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#107 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 11:44 AM
Default Gen 3, Part 11 - Beaker

Gundrun’s health had declined fast for a while now. Her time had come. Nobody knew that better than I did.

She was ready to move on. Her life had been long and not always easy. There was only one thing that worried her.

“I wonder, Nervous.” Gundrun said to me one evening. “Do you think I will see Bjorn again?”

The safe thing to do would have been to give her some non-committing answer, like any normal person would. I believe if it had been anyone else, I would have done so. But this was Gundrun. She had saved my life. She had taken me in. She deserved to know the truth.

“He is. And he’s forgiven you. When you saved my life, you paid your debts. You can rest in peace now.”

Gundrun looked at me questioningly. Then she smiled, closed her eyes and died.

Unfortunately, Loki had overheard us. He demanded to know what it was that Gundrun and I had talked about. What would there be in his mother’s life that had to be forgiven?

He dragged me to his lab and locked me in. I would stay there until I talked.

And I couldn’t talk.

How could I tell him about that day?

About what had happened in this very lab?

About how the last remainders of Gundrun’s marriage had come crashing down?

And about how Bjorn had really died?

Well, after two days of imprisonment with no food, it turned out that I could. I thought at this time that Gundrun had told me to do it, but it might have been a hallucination.

Anyway, Loki did not take this story well. He called me a liar and said that he refused to believe me. He would keep me locked up until I told him the truth.

I think that he did believe me. He just didn’t want to. And maybe he also wanted to see what else I could tell him.

Circe was the next one to arrive. She brought me food and told me to stop being so stupid. All I had to do was tell Loki what he wanted to hear and everything would be fine.

She did a pretty convincing routine of good scientist here. Unfortunately, I happen to know that she is evil, so it was kind of wasted here. Even more unfortunately, there was another story I knew that would interest Loki and that I had no qualms telling her.

You can probably already guess what I was talking about. It was no secret to anybody in the neighborhood that Vidcund continued to hang around the house after Circe’s marriage.

Conveniently, always at a time when Loki was working.

And it’s not like they were ever particularly subtle about it.

Not included: A picture of Vidcund leaving Circe's room in his underwear and going "Whaddup?" to Nervous.

Circe couldn’t know that I’d never tell Loki that he wasn’t her child’s father. Gundrun was dead and past all care for her terrible secret, but the child was innocent.

The important part was that Circe believed me when I threatened to tell Loki her secret. And she let me out.

The end of that story was, that when a tired Vidcund stumbled home after work, Pascal looked up from his book and told him that Nervous Subject was looking for a place to stay and that he’d offered him Lazlo’s old room. “He can help take care of our babies.”

He couldn’t help adding “You seem to produce some of those.”

Vidcund was way too tired to figure out what his brother meant by that and just had enough energy left to shoot back a “Yeah, got it, move your boyfriend in to raise your kids. Bed now.”

And that is the story of Strangetown's second murder mystery.

Coming up next: Strangetown Teens
Forum Resident
#108 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 6:22 PM
Have I ever mentioned how much I love this story?

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#109 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:49 PM
Default Gen 3, Part 12 - Newson, Smith

The Curious sisters had gotten an earlier start on their families, so while Pascal, Vidcund and Lazlo were busy with their pregnancies - the last one second-hand through his wife - Irina and Jonny were already preparing for college.

Both of them faced unique obstacles. In Jonny’s case, he found himself surrounded by sisters wherever he looked. Jill, Joy and Judy were school kids by now. Joy and Judy were mostly self-sufficient, but Jill followed her big brother around whenever she could.

So when his mother announced her fourth pregnancy, Jonny turned lime-green at the idea of another sister - or maybe even two!

“I admit, I may have gone a little overboard with sisters.” Jenny said, patting her son on the head. “I can feel your pain, you know? I grew up with three little brothers myself. I really wanted to change this, but it seems that I have erred too much in the other direction. Well, you know what they say. We are doomed to repeat our parents’ mistakes.”

While Jonny’s fears regarding twins came true, one of them turned out to be a boy. And Jenny assured him that Jack and Jocelyn would be the final addition to the Smith household.

Irina’s issues, meanwhile, were centered about the fact that she was the only one of Lola’s children who had inherited the “bug eyes” as she was still calling them. Angelika looked completely human and Klaus, who wouldn’t have looked out of place with huge eyes, had also inherited Gavin’s features.

“I mean, it’s just not fair that I’m the only one. Aunt Chloe’s Alfred is the same as Angelika, you wouldn’t guess that he’s quarter alien by looking at him. And you guys are all half-aliens, so there’s nothing weird about you.”

“Of course I wouldn’t wish my face on Angelika. She’s so pretty. But I think Klaus might have had the decency to look more like me!”

Faces and sisters aside, Jonny and his group of friends had a great time in the summer before they were about to leave for college. They spent most of their afternoons at the mall, playing games, waiting for the pool to open and listening to Ripp’s latest off-color jokes.

Fricorith Tricou in the background. Formerly dead teenagers fit right in with Jonny's group.

Eventually, someone (usually Irina) would start hauling water balloons at someone’s head (usually Ripp’s) for a minor offense (usually telling dirty jokes).

Thanks to the hot desert summer, this inevitable turned into a full water balloon fight that lasted until the teens got shooed off the property.

And Rosalie McGork, who won't have much relevance to the story.

Tank Grunt, currently on the way home from his part-time job and most definitely not associated in any way, shape or form with the rowdy youths, found himself to his great annoyance caught in the chase and unable to convince employees that he had nothing to do with those delinquents. It did not help his case that Bugeye Newson turned around and yelled “We’re going to the pool, Facepaint! You coming?”

Really? Facepaint?

Also, Tank was most definitely, empathetically not going to the pool to hang out with his brother’s alien girlfriend.

“…Irina, what did I ever do to you that was bad enough that you’d invite my brother to come with us?”

“I’m sure I can think of something.”

Well, it was time for him to continue his swim training anyway.

Ophelia watched highly amused as Tank planted himself right next to an exasperated Ripp, who had by this point decided to completely ignore his older brother’s presence.

Fascinatingly, Tank had apparently decided to try to make himself agreeable to the group. He didn’t make any weird comments about eyes or skin and instead mostly listened to their talk. At some point, he even told a funny story about something that had happened at the army camp last week.

When Ophelia got home that evening, she found Olive looking at her with a serious expression.

“We need to talk.”

The carefree life of the next batch of Strangetown teens comes to an end. Meanwhile, have some pictures of a wonderful pool glitch:

"Only Strangetown's finest know how to propel themselves at increased speed through the water!"
"...Whatever, bro. I'm out of here."

Coming up next: Woohoo, Bubble Blowers and Rock'n'Roll! Ripp's college years!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#110 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 8:12 PM
Default Gen 3, Part 13 - College Households Grunt

Dear Buck,

I am writing to you like I promised to tell you that I have arrived at La Fiesta Tech and that everything is fine. I hope everything is fine at home, too. Please inform me if there are any problems with Ripp.

I am glad to hear that your birthday and father’s went well. Don’t forget to do well in school. Please take care.

Your brother,
Tank Grunt

P.S.: I am concerned about the reports of Ripp being unable to get a scholarship due to his failing grades. I consider it my duty to offer him a place to sleep when he gets here, but sincerely hope that he will pull himself together and work for his own place.

Towards the middle of his second year at college, Jonny Smith was very surprised to find Ripp Grunt standing on his porch with his luggage behind him.

“Jonny! My best friend! My one and only buddy! Please tell me you have a tiny broom closet left for me to stay in!”

“…I’ll… have to ask Ophelia…”

“Well, we do have this second room upstairs.”

“Awesome! Okay, let me just get my stuff…”

As soon as Ripp had settled in, the three sat down to listen to the tale of Ripp’s college adventures.

“We got off to a great start. I had just arrived, decked out in my new college outfit, when Tank started to complain about what I was wearing. HE still had the facepaint on, so I don’t see what right he has to criticize anybody’s clothes.”

----------------------

“…looking like I don’t even know! Some sort of biker with an open shirt or what, with some stupid necklace! I swear, I don’t know what he’s thinking!”

“I guess Ripp thought he looked like a rock star, because he brought this loud guitar with him and played it all the freaking time! I have no idea how he could even afford this thing!”

---------------

“He was especially pissed about that old guitar I bought. Said I should have used the money to buy better clothes. I was like, hello, I bought awesome clothes!”

“And the nagging just kept going all day.”

“And all the women he brought home all the time! I’d hoped that this would stop after high school, but college just made things worse!”

“…Wait, you thought Ripp would settle down in college?”

“…That’s another one of those things that I don’t get, is it?”

“Yes. Yes it is.”

“Anyway, while I may have moral objections to my brother switching girlfriends more often than his underwear - and before you say anything I would like to remind you that I did his laundry, so I know it’s true - this was still within the expected parameters.”

“I did not expect simultaneous girlfriends. And I definitely did not expect that one of them would be the cow mascot.”

“That’s when things got really weird, incidentally. As soon as Ripp had… you know, let’s not go into details on this… as soon as I had heard loud mooing noises from Ripp’s bedroom where I am sure they were playing Monopoly, the llama mascot started to come around our place every day and did those weird dances of his.”

“And then Ripp, the cow and the llama had some long talks and the end of it was that they all decided to be best friends.”

“…Are you drunk?”

“I am considering it. But no, this is really what happened. Ripp told me some weird story about how the Llama and the Cow were ancient enemies from times before our town existed, but now they had decided to unite for a worthier cause, that being the worship of one Ripp Grunt. He wrote a song about it. It’s called “I sold my soul to the devil, but it was too hot for him to handle”.”

“Anyway, after a year of that madness, I had enough and kicked him out.”

And thus concludes the tale of The Cow and The Llama.

The original plan was that if The Cow took a liking to another student like she'd done with Michael Simnitch, and if that student was unattached and had a Family or Knowledge aspiration, he could try to free her from The Llama cult again by beating up The Llama, and he and The Cow could get married. Preferably, these would have been Michael's children or grandchildren. His eldest son was a Fortune sim though and she didn't care about his younger son. I tried to set her up with Gabriel Curious, but she wasn't interested. Michael's grandchildren were still too young at the time - the only one who had gone to university was another Fortune sim, as well. And that's when I decided to change the ending a bit and have the Llama cult and the Cow join forces to worship Ripp Grunt.

Then The Llama spontaneously combusted on Tank Grunt's porch during his first year. Which sucked. I mean, obviously a new llama spawned and they look completely alike, but it wasn't the same Llama. The one in the screenshots is actually the new llama. The actual Llama's grave has been watered in and he's still on the Grunt College lot, because I don't know what to do with him.

Coming up next: More of Ripp's college adventures!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#111 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 7:22 PM
Default Gen 3, Part 14 - College Households Grunt

“And that’s when Tank kicked me out of the house, because he was jealous of me hogging all the women. I asked Irina to let me move in, but she said she valued her membership of the Club of Women Ripp Grunt Hasn’t Slept With too much.”

“We are an exclusive club.” Ophelia pointed out. “And our membership is down to maybe five already. Irina is only an honorary member, since she used to date Ripp in high school, but…”

“Okay, okay, I get it. Can we go back to the story now, please?” Jonny buried his face in his hands. “That’s when you decided to move in with us, right?”

“Oh, no. Nice guy that I am, I figured you’d like to live your solitary life and I wouldn’t fit in. So I had this awesome idea: I was going to join the sorority!”

“…You mean fraternity, right?” Jonny hesitated as he saw Ophelia’s huge grin. “RIGHT?”

“Oh no, those guys hate me for some reason. But I’m really popular with the sorority sisters, so they let me crash at their place.”

“You have got to be the only person on campus who hasn’t heard that story, honey.”

“I had a really nice time there! …Buuut, Jonny just turned lime green, so I think I’d better skip to the important part.”

“Tank was all like, “I know this has got to be against the rules”, and, “I am going to file a complaint with the school board”, yadda yadda yadda. Not sure what came of that.”

---------------------------

“So as it turns out, our university is actually run by llamas. Not the mascot, mind you. Actual, live llamas. They ate the complaint form I sent in. I thought about writing to the board of education, but I think that’s Stefan Halfdanarsson and he might already know.”

“Being the cool brother and nice guy that I am, I decided that something had to be done about Tank. I mean, first of all, this is college and the guy has got to start living at some point, and second, he was seriously cramping my style. Having an uncool brother is one thing, but he’s like the antidote of cool. So I invited him to a party and set a few thing into motion.”

----------------

“…wearing bedsheets, every single one of them! I asked Ripp if he had spent all of his money on guitars and drugs and he just laughed!”

“And then he started to throw water balloons at my face.”

------------------------------

“I figured, the first thing that had to go was that stupid facepaint of his. Unfortunately, that stuff seems to be waterproof.”

“So I refueled my imagination with some fresh fruit punch…”

“By which he means he got completely wasted.”

“…getting my creative juices flowing, thank you, Ophelia…”

“Which clearly must have worked, because inspiration hit me and I screamed “EUREKA!”

“What Ripp here neglects to mention is that he also took his toga off for that.”

“It was necessary. It’s an art thing.”

“So there I am, standing with a glass of the least alcoholic beverage I could find anywhere in the house, and a naked Ripp charges at me at full speed. I used to think that my military training had prepared me for any situation. It had not prepared me for this.”

“I froze up, not knowing how to react, and he just grabbed me and dragged me into the hot tub, fully clothed. Then he went in himself, fully unclothed. Then I got out and ran.”

“And that’s the story of how I ended up drenched in front of your house and if you could please stop laughing now and explain my little brother to me, that’s be great.”

“Oh, that’s an easy one. He’s trying to get you to wash your facepaint off, because it looks ridiculous.”

“What.”

Irina's highschool relationship with Ripp has given her the ability to understand his creative reasoning. It's a two-edged sword. There are things people are better off not knowing about.

Coming up next: More college, but with less parties and nudity
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#112 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:49 PM
Default Gen 3, Part 15 - College Household Smith-Nigmos-Grunt

Having established himself in his best friends‘ household, it didn’t take Ripp long to notice something was odd. The main reason why he’d waited so long to move in with Jonny and Ophelia had been that he thought he would be in the way. The couple was finally able to spend time alone together and he figured they’d announce their engagement any time during the first month.

However, Jonny and Ophelia clearly weren’t engaged. That aside, they also seemed kind of tense around each other. Far from being a bother for them, Ripp’s presence seemed to make them feel comfortable.

Having finished his observations in an uncharacteristically subtle manner, Ripp laid out plans to carefully approach the subject with Jonny.

“So what exactly is going on with you and Ophelia anyway? Did you knock her up and now she’s mad at you?”

That was about when his mother’s spontaneous temper caught up with him again, proving once and for all that Ripp simply did not have the making of a general.

Jonny glared at his friend. “Ripp…”

“Okay, okay, sorry! But seriously, you’ve been walking on eggshells around each other the whole time!”

Jonny sighed. “Might as well tell you the whole story. Maybe you can make sense of it.”

“I am a well-known connoisseur of women’s minds, after all, you mean?”

“…Actually I was thinking more about the fact that I never know what you’re thinking and I don’t know what Ophelia is thinking right now either…”

“Fair enough.”

“Anyway, we got along perfectly fine for the first weeks and so I decided to propose to her. I mean, I know her aunt doesn’t like aliens, but that didn’t stop Ophelia from falling in love with me. I thought we could get our own house somewhere.”

“Well, the problem is, Ophelia refused.”

“Come again?” This was definitely not what Ripp had expected to hear. “But she always said she wanted to get married to you!”

“I know!” Jonny shook his head. “I don’t get it either, but when I asked her about it, she just started to cry. And she keeps crying whenever I bring the subject up. The most I’ve been able to get out of her is that it has something to do with her aunt!”

Turning to his guitar, Ripp meditated on what Jonny had just told him.

Ophelia’s behavior really made no sense. She loved Jonny, didn’t she? Just because her aunt hated him didn’t mean she couldn’t marry him. Ripp knew that he had to get behind that mystery if he wanted to bring his friends back together.

“Okay, so you’re grateful to your aunt for raising you after your parents died and you don’t want to marry a man she doesn’t like, right?”

Ophelia looked up from her book as Ripp plopped down on the couch next to her and opened the conversation with those words.

“Ripp, please leave me alone about this.”

“I’m afraid I can’t do this. Now, I obviously can’t fault you for wanting to show gratitude to your auntie, but there comes a time when a child needs to stand on their own two feet and declare itself an adult who can make their own choices!”

Ophelia slammed her book shut and got up. “There is nothing about my aunt that I have to be grateful for.” she hissed and left the room.

“It’s money, isn’t it!” was what greeted Ophelia when she came home from class later. “Everybody knows Olive Spector is rich from her four husbands and you’re her only living relative, so she’ll leave it all to you, but if you marry against her wishes, she’ll disinherit you!”

Ophelia looked absolutely mortified at this.

“Now, I’m not saying that’s a bad thing!” Ripp continued quickly. “I mean, Jonny’s family has no money, since there’s all those children to care for, and if you want lots of children yourself, you’ll need to have money to put a roof over their heads, feed them and clothe them, so naturally…”

“Ripp… Ripp, seriously, cut that… Ripp, is that one of my novels you’re reading?”

“Sure! That’s where I got the idea from! Now, don’t worry, you might have a hard time at first, but when your first green-skinned blond son looks up to great-auntie Olive and lisps ‘Don’t Auntie luv Mommy anymore?”, her heart of stone will melt, and she will realize the error of her ways, welcoming her lost sheep back into the fold… Hey, where did she go?”

“Alright, alright, I got it.”

Ophelia sighed. “Ripp, please, can’t you just leave this subject alone? You’ll never guess the real reason in a million years, so let’s just eat and…”

“Your aunt is an evil witch and has threatened to put a deadly curse on Jonny if you don’t stay away from him!”

“………”

“…Yeah, okay, that one might have been pushing it.”

Yeah, Ripp, that last idea is completely ridiculous and I don't know why you'd ever think that.

Alternate last line for Ophelia here: "...You know, you're actually completely right."
That wouldn't have worked with the rest of the story, but it would have been fun.

Coming up next: Ophelia's decision
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#113 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 10:07 AM
Busy with finals and I've almost run out of backlog. Reloading Strangetown will continue next weekend.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#114 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 8:38 AM
Default Gen 3, Part 16 - College Household Nigmos, Tricou

It was… strange how close to the truth Ripp’s random guess was, Ophelia thought as she stood outside Gvaudoin and Fricorith Tricou’s house. While Olive hadn’t quite threatened to kill Jonny, she had been very insistent that Ophelia had to marry someone more suitable. Someone like Fricorith Tricou.

Olive had talked all the details over with Jon Smith and Jennicor Tricou, who were overjoyed at the prospect. Ophelia and Fricorith had been informed as an afterthought.

Of course, Ripp, curse his random flashes of insight, was perfectly right in that nobody could force Ophelia to marry someone she didn’t love.

For now, Fricorith had asked Ophelia to come and talk things through.

“Right on time, like a good little witchlet.” Gvaudoin sounded even more annoyed than usual at seeing Ophelia. “Here to keep the bloodline pure, I take it?”

Ophelia’s patience was already worn thin from Ripp’s constant badgering. At Gvaudoin’s harsh greeting, something inside her snapped and she heard herself say: “As a matter of fact, I’m not. I am here to tell you that this is not going to happen. I love Jonny, and I am going to marry him, no matter what Olive will say.”

Well, that was unexpected. Honestly, Ophelia had come here in the hope that the Tricou cousins would have any idea what to do.

Even more unexpected was the sudden expression of respect on Gvaudoin’s face.

“It’s good to know that we agree on this at least.” Fricorith said. “Gvaud and I were planning to leave our heritages behind when this plan was announced. It would have been troublesome if you had been receptive to our elders’ plans.”

Ophelia blinked. “Oh. So, then I was all worried about nothing?”

“I apologize. We should have taken you into our confidence earlier.”

Now that this issue had resolved itself, Ophelia had to admit that the opportunity to talk to another family of witches was very welcome. Especially the idea of leaving her heritage behind appealed to her. Unfortunately, Gvaudoin had to disappoint her in that regard.

“With the Tricou bloodline, we only come into our power with adulthood. The Muendas start at teenage age. It’s too late for you.”

“Our families’ powers are quite different, you see.” Fricorith explained. “Your bloodline specializes in the command over life and death. This is how our families got connected. But I’m afraid Olive never mentioned this to you before…?”

Ophelia felt a foreboding shudder run down her spine. Keeping her voice calm, she answered: “Do you mind explaining this to me, then?”

Having come back to life, Jon Smith and Jennicor Tricou were keen to hang on to it. But their resurrection had come at the price of making them fully mortal again. Even the deception used to make Gabriel and Rainelle forget about their involvement taxed Jennicor’s powers to their limit.

“I don’t want to see their little world crumble when they realize that the whole of their relationship is built on an illusion.” Jennicor said as she watched the couple expecting their first child. “Not to mention that I do wish to see their children grown up.”

The Muenda family’s magic had been able to restore the Tricou’s lost lives, but it was not that century long lifespan with its powers that had once belonged to them. This had been beyond Olive’s abilities. Jon Smith and Jennicor tried to seek out someone who’s control over life and death was stronger than hers, but he refused to listen to their request, saying that he preferred not to upset the fragile balance Olive had barely restored.

“You see, Ophelia, your bloodline’s powers work best if there’s a balance between life given and life taken.” Gvaudoin explained. “Which means...”

Nervous, please stop walking into people's houses all the time. I know you're unemployed and bored now that the kids are grown up, but that doesn't mean you can bother all your neighbors. Also, please respect the storyline, you don't WANT to be near the Tricous!

“Olive brought back your family and Rainelle.” Ophelia finished. “Nine lives given. Which means nine lives taken.”

“Ten.” corrected Fricorith. “She had already paid one by the time she brought us back to life.”

Ophelia clenched her fists. “Their names.” she whispered.

Both Jonny and Ripp were overjoyed when Ophelia belatedly accepted Jonny’s proposal. The three of them lived happily together from that point on. Although Ripp sometimes thought that he saw Ophelia look at him with pity in her eyes.

I like Gvaudoin. I'll have to play a story focused on her some time.

“I have found one.” John Smith finally announced one day. “It had been so long that I was afraid that none of them remained. But he is there and we can use him to take back what is rightfully our power.”

“Of course he is completely unworthy of it, and that’s putting it mildly. And we will be weak. But it will give us the time we need to restore our family’s home and to see our heiress rise to power.”

"For instance, he suffers from Floating Blue Fang Syndrome, and I won't have any of those in my house."

“We will simply have to dispose of him afterwards.” Jennicor said. “Speaking of heiress, Gvaudoin has been informed that now that Jennail has given birth to two daughters, we will postpone our final decision. She appears to take this well.”

“It is done then.”

I went with vampires for the Tricous, because it fits in better with their theme than witches. Besides, Olive already has the evil witch side covered and I simply can't imagine Gvaudoin Tricou in white and with sparkles.

Coming up next: green children at the Curious home
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#115 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 3:23 PM
Default Gen 3 Part 17 - Curious

I turned out to be a natural talent at childcare and devoted all of my time to little Tycho. The baby was always clean and well-fed.

While that was all Pascal needed to accept the new roommate, Vidcund had more questions about where I came from and, most importantly, my uncanny ability to know at any time exactly what was going on anywhere in Strangetown.

“Oh, that’s pretty easy. My father’s a universal constant, so I kind of inherited some of it. I can even see other iterations of Strangetown, and boy, some of them can get really confusing.”

Vidcund was very impressed with this practical application of the multiverse theory. He was, however, incredibly disappointed to learn that the number of universes where he and Circe had a happy marriage and five children was close to zero.

To be honest, I had made the “close to” part up because Vidcund seemed so disappointed.

As a natural consequence of his own abduction, Vidcund soon started to show pregnancy symptoms.

He took a greater interest in Tycho’s development in order to prepare himself to raise his own child.

He was not prepared for twins. Fortunately, Jenny and P.T. were literally experts on handling those, so Orion and Andromeda Curious were in safe hands.

This did not stop Vidcund from shooting me a glare that said “You really could have warned me.”

Which I could have, but where was the fun in that?

Fortunately, the Curious family had always been good at adapting to quick expansions. Tycho entered school and the twins started to crawl through the house without any dangerous accidents.

Eventually they grew up too and everything was fine.

For a given definition of fine, I thought as I noticed the three striking up a friendship with the Beaker’s eldest daughter Inga and realized that Pascal and I still hadn’t told Vidcund about his other daughter.

Surprise twins!

The idea behind Nervous is that since Grim is a universal sim and present in every game, his descendants will inherit a bit of that power. Of course this Nervous is actually a perfectly normal sim with a perfectly normal father, but you can chalk that up to creative license. Also, Grim's genes are boring.

That said, I used the "What did you do with the Strangetown sims?" thread as a reference and Vid never ends up with Circe.

Coming up next: Inga Beaker's summer holiday
Theorist
#116 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 4:24 PM
*pokes @Ovenhole to see if there's still life over there* .. teehee

I tried bein patient, but .. but .. I needs moar story .... ..... please :p
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#117 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 1:05 PM
Sorry, I got pretty burned out with the neighborhood and some real life stuff got in the way, so my christmas break got longer and longer. It'll still take a bit before I go on with the story, because I want to have a decent backlog written, but I will definitely finish it.
Theorist
#118 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 3:43 PM
That's good to know that at least it hasn't been abandoned and we didn't get a finale we're just left to always wonder like they do w/ some tv shows :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#119 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 11:55 AM Last edited by Ovenhole : 27th Mar 2017 at 11:11 AM.
Default Gen 3 Part 18 - Beaker

How I Spent My Holiday - Inga Beaker’s Journal

Mr. Halfdanarsson said that we have to write a holiday diary about our holidays, but we also have to introduce usselves first and he is going to read it, which is not okay, because a diary is private and nobody is allowed to read it, but I guess he’s a teacher so he can tell us to do this and we have to, because we get grades from him.

My name is Inga Beaker and I’m eight years old. I like flowers and ponies, but Daddy says I can’t have a pony, so I like flowers better.

My Daddy is my favoritest person in the world. His name is Loki Beaker and he’s a scientist, but not a crazy scientist like the Curious brothers who keep making green babies. That’s what Daddy says. I don’t know why making green babies makes you a crazy scientist, and I asked him if Mr Smith was a crazy scientist too because he makes green babies, but Daddy says he’s not because he is already green.

I like green. It’s a very nature color and flowers are green at the places where they’re not other colors.

My Mommy’s name is Circe Beaker and she is very beautiful. I want to be as beautiful as she is when I grow up, but she says I probably won’t be. Mommy works a lot, because she needs to stay a head in the business world. That’s what she says.

I have a baby brother whose name is Bjorn Beaker. My Grandpa was also called Bjorn Beaker, but he died a long time before I was born. Daddy says he was a wonderful person and that he hopes that Baby Bjorn will be just like him.

Baby Bjorn is very cute and I play with him a lot, but I think Mommy likes him better than she likes me and that makes me sad.

Dear Mr. Halfdanarsson, please don’t show this to Mommy. I don’t want her to think that I don’t like her or Baby Bjorn. I like them both, but I like Daddy the best.

I wish I had an older brother, like Justin Simnitch. Some kids were bullying him at school and his older brother BEAT THEM UP!

…Oh, Mr. Halfdanarsson, please don’t read that part. Beating people up is bad.

I have an older cousin. His name is Maximillian Curious. But I’m not allowed to play with him or my other cousins, because Daddy doesn’t like the Curious family and he doesn’t like that aunt Erin married one of them. He says I can play with my other cousins, but they are boring. They don’t have green cousins. Andromeda Curious is my best friend, even if Daddy can’t know. You won’t tell him that, right, Mr. Halfdanarsson?

Anyway, Daddy said that we were going on vacation to Three Lakes this year and I was really really happy! He has rented a villa for us there and we can take lots of walks through nature. I like nature.

Mommy said that she doesn’t like nature and wants to go to somewhere with less nature and more wellness thingys, but Daddy said he had to do some research and Bjorn said he wanted to throw axes, because you can do that at Three Lakes, so we all went.

I told Bjorn he can’t throw axes because he’s too small. He said of course he can, but I said Mommy wouldn’t let him because he might get hurt. Then he said he would only throw small axes.

So then we all packed our bags and went to Three Lakes!

Three Lakes was so cool! I took all the walks and I had a hammock! And Bjorn threw axes everywhere, until Daddy told him to stop throwing them in the lake, because he was trying to fish. But then Bjorn caught a fish with his axe and Mommy cooked it for dinner. We all laughed.

But then something very scary happened. Bjorn and I heard weird noises in the night. Something grunted and made noises like a monkey at the zoo, or a big dog. We climbed out of our window and looked everywhere for it, but we couldn’t find it. Bjorn thought he saw a big monkey, but it ran away. Then we were tired and wanted to climb back inside, but it was too high up. I tried to give Bjorn a lift, but we fell down. So we rang at the doorbell and Mommy woke up and let us in and gave us a big big scolding.

We told them about the noise we heard, but they didn’t believe us. We kept hearing the noises every night, but we didn’t go outside to look for them anymore, because we didn’t want Mommy to scold us.

Then we went back to Strangetown without solving The Mystery Of The Strange Noises At Night, which is very sad and would not have happened in a book. And this is the story of how I spent my summer vacation, by Inga Beaker.

Dear Diary,

I really like having a real diary that Mr. Halfdanarsson can’t read, because Daddy says I can write what happened today in my summer diary. Bjorn and I heard the weird noises from Three Lakes again, but this time they came from upstairs! And they were in our home!

I went upstairs and I saw the Monkey Man Bjorn said he had seen! Then I screamed, but Daddy came in and said it was fine and it wasn’t a Monkey Man, it was our new friend Armin and he was going to live with us.

Daddy had believed us when we had told him about the Monkey Man, and he had looked for him and found Armin living in a cabin in the woods! And he had made friends with Armin and invited him to live with us! Isn’t Daddy the coolest?

Armin is very funny and not scary at all when you get to know him. Even if he did say that I smell weird and not like Daddy. That made me very sad.

Bjorn screamed too when he saw Armin, but he likes him too now and Armin gives us both big hugs when we come home from school.

Armin says he likes hugs and he likes children.

And that is the story of how we have a Bigfoot living in our house now.

That story took a few attempts, mostly due to my game hanging up several times when vacation started. And the fact that I didn't know you couldn't take toddlers on vacation. So Bjorn had to grow up, but Inga still had to be a child and Loki still had to be an adult, and and and. In the end, Loki hopped off alone for a second vacation to invite Armin to his house. Anyway, he now has a live bigfoot. Hope he's happy.

Justin Simnitch is part of an abandoned storyline. He's a cuckoo child like Inga and originally the two of them were going to end up together, but then he became a romance sim.

Coming up next: a Curious family party (because those are always fun, if hard on my computer)
Forum Resident
#120 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:19 PM
I'm a horrible person for hoping Loki ditches Circe and takes Big Foot and the kids in the divorce. LOL. But on a better note, I've decided to let Loki live in my neighborhood. I was on the fence on whether to kill him or not.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#121 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:03 AM
Dang, that would have made for a way better story!

"I'm sorry, Circe, but Armin just really gets me. We have this connection."
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#122 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 11:24 AM
Default Gen 3, Part 19 - Curious

With all three children in school, I suddenly had a lot of time to myself. Too much time, to be honest. Pascal and Vidcund helped the children with their homework, because it soon went past anything I’d ever learned.

Although, Vidcund getting the twins started on astrophysics shortly after they were able to spell it may have had something to do with that as well. Andromeda would wander off to play with her dolls as soon as she saw her father take out his book, while Orion would attempt to make sense of it, but fall asleep soon.

Eventually, Pascal’s birthday party came up and we started our preparations. It was going to be the biggest family party in all of Strangetown, mainly because the extended Curious family was probably the biggest in Strangetown.

Extended family in this case not only involved the Smith and Newson families, but also the Neengias. I, well, tend to stay away from them for the most part for obvious reasons, but since Gabriel only brought one dead person with him, I figured it’d be alright.

Also, he’s kind of family. For an even weirder definition of family than usual. In a better world he’d be my cousin or something.

Anyway, disregarding all the dead people talk, the party was great fun. Originally we had planned to cook for everybody, but with the number of guests a buffet seemed like a more reasonable choice.

We had prepared some party games, but people mostly enjoyed talking to relatives they hadn’t seen in a while. Especially the children were busy trying to make sense of how they were related to each other.

And of course, there was one person invited who wasn’t related to anybody present, or so she thought.

I had been prepared to meet Ophelia here, as Jonny’s fiancée she’d obviously been invited. So obviously I was prepared to meet my cousin again.

I wasn’t prepared to meet a full-fledged witch.

“Nervous Boy?”

Ophelia couldn’t believe her eyes as she recognized her old playmate from the orphanage. He seemed to be a lot more at ease now, no longer trying to hide himself in the shadows. So he was the guy Jonny’s uncles had taken in to help them with their abduction children.

As Ophelia looked at him, she suddenly realized that there was something else about him. Something very familiar.

“…You noticed, huh?” her cousin said, looking concerned.

“You’re Olive’s son.”

“We should probably talk.”

“The Tricou kids told me everything about her. So many people…”

“She has a fascination with death. I am the living proof of it.”

“To the point where she had a child with him. Wow. That’s… something alright…”

“Are you… angry with me?”

“With you? Why would I be?”

“If I’d been the child Olive wanted, your parents would still be alive.”

“That’s not your fault! She’s the twisted one!”

Ophelia sighed.

“I just… I really don’t know how to face her, knowing what I know now. She killed my parents, she killed my grandparents, she killed my best friend’s mother… all for her own twisted plans. And she abandoned you.”

“Olive’s time is almost up. I can tell, and I think she can too. That’s why she agreed to revive the Tricous.”

“Oh, right, for her breeding program!” Ophelia glared in the direction of her aunt’s house.

“Well, part of the reason, yes. She never explained the rule of balance to you, I take it?”

“Fricorith mentioned it. She had to save ten lives to make up for the ten she’d taken. It doesn’t matter to me, anyway. I won’t be a murderess like Olive.”

“The nicest woman I ever met almost died with a negative balance. You can never tell what life will have in store for you.”

“Besides, it works the other way around too. If you or I ever wanted to use our magic to save someone from death, extend their lives, anything, we’d have to take a life or lower someone’s lifespan to achieve this.”

“So I can’t even use this accursed power for good without having to murder someone?”

“There’s always a prize to be paid. It’s just a question of how much you’re willing to pay.”

“Ah, we were wondering where you’d gone.” Pascal said as I walked into the house after my long talk with Ophelia. “P.T. had an idea that I think you’ll like.”

Curious family parties are rough on my computer. I like to summon all relatives for a party, but there's just too many of them.

Has anybody guessed Gabriel's father yet? I've left a few clues scattered around, but not sure if people picked up on them.

I recently noticed that I'd miscalculated Olive's balance. She actually killed eleven people, I forgot Nervous' caretaker from the orphanage. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

Coming up next: More of Ripp's college life!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#123 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 8:01 AM
Default Gen 3 Part 20 - College Households Nigmos, Grunt

The college life of Ophelia, Jonny and Ripp continued to be enjoyable, even if Ripp proved to be a rather difficult housemate.

“Ripp, I swear I heard some robotic voice say “Congratulations, Ripp Grunt! You beat my highscore!” from your room last night and I DON’T want to know what that involved!”

“You got that all wrong, Jonny! We just played monopoly!”

“…”

“…Strip monopoly…”

“At this point I’m just happy that you’re going after the cheerleader. I can understand cheerleaders.”

“What I don’t understand is why the llama mascot felt the need to congratulate me on having such a wonderful friend. Did you sleep with the llama mascot too?”

“As a matter of fact…”

“Wait, I changed my mind, I don’t want to know!”

All things considered, Jonny was incredibly relieved when Ripp decided to turn his attention away from girlfriends and focus on his rock star career, starting a band with Mildred Loner. Sure, her father was said to be very strict and would definitely not approve of her career choice, but at least it kept him from making his way through the college girls at a speed that eclipsed even the legendary Arty Loste.

Of course it was quite impossible for Ripp to spend time with a woman without dating her.

He still made a lot of progress with his music, even Jonny had to admit that it sounded pretty good. He did draw the line at clothes though. No matter how much it helped Ripp to focus on his music, Jonny insisted on clothes in the living room.

Of course, just as Jonny’s college life had settled down and he was preparing to graduate, Irina appeared with some disturbing news.

Coming up next: Ripp's Confession
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#124 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 12:08 PM
I'm sorry to say that real-life issues are again preventing me from writing more. This time I don't even know if I'll be able to finish it at all. I'd rather not go into any details, but parts of it are currently painful for me to look at.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 2:09 PM
So sad to hear that life is giving you this much trouble. Hope things start looking up, and soon. Don't worry about the story, your life is more important.
Page 5 of 6