Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 9:45 AM
AndrewGloria, I can recommend you a couple of things with regards to learning Gimp: 1. Join GimpChat.com. That's always been full of people willing to help you along and there is a good tutorial index. It's worth a lot to have a community around to ask for help when you get stuck and most of them have their own stories of feeling a bit stupid at first. 2. IaKoa made Gimp curves for some of the most commonly used colour actions, like Pooklet's naturals for example, and wrote instructions for how to use them. That's a good help if you know you like one of the commonly used colours! 3. A couple of years back I looked at the Gimp tutorials I found links to here on ModTheSims and saw they were using an outdated version of the program, so I posted some links to newer tutorials using 2.8 and 2.10.

Also, I'm not an expert, but I love helping newbies when they get stuck with Gimp because I love the program so much and reallly want more people to learn to use it, so you're welcome to ask me things if you need to.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 5:01 PM
My main objective for this year is to publish the tropical vacation destination that I'm working on: Nìssos Simonos! It's a Greek island where I'm mixing the architecture of Santorini with the acropolis of Athens, to try and give the best Greek experience sims can expect for their summer holidays.
The next objective that I have is to play the neighborhoods that I've already published in the past, which I've worked on for many months but I actually didn't get to play that much.
I am a storyteller and world builder, so I usually play The Sims 2 to create neighborhoods with rich stories and background, but I don't spend that much time actually enjoying the worlds that I make. I also want to start a BACC with Sun&Moon's objects so that sims have to build everything by themselves, without buying stuff from the catalogue. No Amazon Express in the middle of nowhere, sorry BACC founders! Crafting instead of buying, or atleast giving some plausible explanation for objects coming from the catalogue.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 22nd Feb 2023 at 6:55 AM
To try and release more of the build mode sets I've been working on off and on these past few years (that I somehow REALLY WANT but yet keep getting distracted from)
Field Researcher
#29 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 6:55 PM
When I opened my game yesterday I realized I wrote out 2023 goals but never shared them. Also realized I didn't reach most of my 2022 goals due to dealing with life and doing other things when actually playing TS2. So maybe the 2022 goals other than fixing the computer I have the game on (which has been long since done) were just a wish list!

These are all for Veronaville, BTW. I'm still playing that.
1. Give Juliette another wardrobe change like I do every once in a while. (Juliette is a "perma-teen" in my game, which I rationalize by saying she's doing the Sim equivalent of Post-Doctoral Studies in an academic field. I don't have the University EP so this is how I do that.)
2. Stop adding Sims to Veronaville! I already have 11 families in the bin, 10 custom. (My error obviously.)
3. Finish the good stories of the oldest Sims; namely Titania and Oberon as they are shipped with the game as adults and are still elders while Sims shipped as teens and children are now elders.
4. Pair up some single Sims. Due to my previously liberal adding of Sims (see number 2), Veronaville is a hotbed of single Sims. I have already paired two sets who met each other at a community lot and got along great—much better than the Strangetown roommates.
5. Determine if Mercuito Monty succeeds as a legacy-leaving politician. This would be determined by adding a blank clean-template Downtown before his story is finished (I would state that he brokered the land deal and if successful the large downtown park would bear his name).
Mad Poster
#30 Old 4th Apr 2023 at 8:06 PM
Mine is now to get back into Peasantview and start getting my couple through that first winter and having the next Pleasantview ancestors arrive.Andy and Carol Pleasant are expected to be arriving in the spring of 1601.
Theorist
#31 Old 23rd Apr 2023 at 2:42 PM
My 2023 Sims 2 goals are to:

1. Play more (and focus less on making things 'perfect' beforehand).
2. Create a few more small custom neighborhoods for variety.
3. Keep enjoying creating content for my own game (as it is fun to do).
4. Repeat... play more.
5. Take as many breaks as necessary. Sometimes I let months go by in-between firing up the game.
6. Make more unique looking Sims to populate my custom neighborhoods.
7. Continue updating old functional meshes (made by others') for personal game use. There are so many great old (functional) meshes out there that just needs a few tweaks to modernize/update them.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Page 2 of 2