Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 6:36 PM
Default What restricts which object can go into which slots?
What besides Allowed Height and Weight restricts which objects can go into which slots? For example, I can't place a skill book onto a dresser into its decorative slot, but I can place another object assigned the book graphic. Where is the book's "size" recorded?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 7:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Feb 2023 at 8:02 PM.
There's the weight setting in the OBJD (picture 1), and there's also a BHAV that seems to be needed for smaller deco objects.

The height BHAV shown in picture 2 makes smaller items placeable in most shelves.

For usable items, some of them might have some restrictions on what you can do because of what they're cloned from or how they're used. Maybe they're cloned from a 2-tile object or an object that doesn't have the correct placement/weight settings, and some of that info is still sticking around.

Could also have something to do with the shelves you're trying to put the items on (not compatible with OFB objects, maybe?)

If I work with difficult objects, I often add the shift up/down function to them. Gives me a bit more room.
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 9:41 PM
It was the weight after all in the Book - Novel. The strange thing is that it didn't want to change when I set it in Function - Init. It is my understanding that Init gets executed every time the object is crashed. I assumed that it had been set, but the weight remained at 5 in the crash log, and the book wouldn't fit.

It changed when I set in Main. But of course I don't want to modify Main every time when I place an object on a shelf.

Is Object size (quantity per shelf) only relevant to Open for Business shelves?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Feb 2023 at 10:30 PM
I think object size might just be relevant for OFB shelves, but I'm not 100% sure. It dictates whether the item places as 1 (setting=0), 2 (=1) or 6 (=2) items.

There's also placement on the AL and M&G wall-hung shelves. I think those are dictated by the height/weight BHAVs.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 8th Feb 2023 at 1:27 PM