Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 1:42 PM
Default family tree / genetics /CAS bug glitch!
so I created my sim Ed as an orphan with no family! I connected him with an NPC Summer then made some changes to her with CAS when she moved in to add some family to her. I could create a sister and a father, and all the relationships look right. but when I try to add a mother it goes wrong! I click Summer then the add sims button on CAS then genetics, I choose to parent, randomize mother and create the mother then I go to the edit relationships part! and it will not give me the right options. it allows me to put her as Ed's mother but not Summers's mother.
any ideas?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 7:13 AM
I used to have the same problem in the past, trying to add two fathers to a premade orphan sim. I think this is caused by engine limitation. I fixed it with mc command centre.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Smeg Head
#3 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 4:50 PM
The game does not allow to change the family relationship status for preexisting sims. Such as adding a child to a family, - the child already previously living in the world - then going into Cas to make one or more adults the biological parents of that child. It's a no go, as the child already has their biological parentage set up. Even if you don't see that genetic parentage displayed in the family tree. All sims spawned in game that do not come directly from families via birth, are made from a genetic mix of existing sims, so the random genealogy could be the likes of Mortimer Goth mixed with Liza Pancakes. Hence why it does not display in the family tree, otherwise could get mighty confusing. Forget the possible incestuous ramifications! Maxis certainly do.

The best workaround to rectify this, is to first save that child to your Library, where their genetic parental genealogy will be wiped, then add the saved version of the child to family via Cas, where you can now change the family status for the child to be biological offspring of those preexisting sims. Yes, technically speaking it is a brand new sim. But they'll keep all traits and skills they had previously. Then of course you'll have to delete the original sim. Not unless you want the doppelganger also living in the world.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots