Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 12:51 PM Last edited by OlsenTwinsDiCaprioFan001 : 13th Dec 2022 at 2:01 PM.
Default Computer Help.
Hi everyone. The Sims 4 runs so slow on one of my two computers that it's unplayable (plus it gets stuck on the loading screen when loading a save file). However, on my second computer it runs very well. I was wondering if someone could please look at my two computer specs and see if they figure out why this is happening. I would love for my game to work on both computers. Thank you so much.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 1:40 PM
It's probably your RAM- the first computer has Windows 11 on 4GB RAM, so it's probably struggling to load.
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 2:26 PM
based on the second screenshot, you've got a more powerful PC than the first one, so I suppose you could get more RAM for Windows 11 one.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
based on the second screenshot, you've got a more powerful PC than the first one, so I suppose you could get more RAM for Windows 11 one.

It works well on the Windows 11.
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OlsenTwinsDiCaprioFan001
It works well on the Windows 11.

Oh my mistake. Well, since the minimum requires 3Ghz or more, so I suppose it is the CPU, no?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 3:17 PM
Oh my mistake. Well, since the minimum requires 3Ghz or more, so I suppose it is the CPU, no?

No it's okay. I should have said that in the post. I think so the Windows 10 I have is about 6 years old.
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 4:48 PM
I think 2GHz speed is only sufficient enough for a few expansion/game packs. if you install tons of packs, the game would become more reliant on CPU, so perhaps that's why your Windows 11 PC could perform better, no?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 5:13 PM
I think 2GHz speed is only sufficient enough for a few expansion/game packs. if you install tons of packs, the game would become more reliant on CPU, so perhaps that's why your Windows 11 PC could perform better, no?

I don't really know. I have all the packs on my Windows 11 and Windows 10 as well.
Scholar
#9 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 12:50 PM
Really, for starters you haven't how many packs you got, and both for RAM-Wise are garbage for only 6GIG and 4GIG and barely enough for anything this day and age, as for your i3's well for your first one it's a only a 5th generation cpu, very old, as for your second a 11th generation which is good but it's your lack of RAM that's most likely letting you down, also keep in mind there are many bugs in the game that even make the fastest PCs slow down your game.