Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 11:47 AM
Default the sim 2 multiplayer can it be possible?
has anyone ever tried to leave the sim 2 multiplayer? at least get two people
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 12:22 PM
My daughter and I used to have a neighbourhood that we passed back and forth between ourselves. I'd play a bit, then copy it over to her computer and she'd play a bit, then copy it back to me and so on. Does that count?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 11:08 PM
It's possible to have the game be partly multi-player be sharing what's happeneing in your currentl or most recent play on an online forum and the other way is sharing it with another family member like described above.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 11:27 PM
Sharing hoods is probably the only way you'll be able to come close to a multiplayer experience with TS2. I don't think any of the PS games had multiplayer?

I know TS4 has a multiplayer mod - not sure how well that one works, or how it works.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 11:27 PM
When my siblings and I were younger and we all shared the same computer, we agreed to play in the same neighborhood, but we each controlled a different family. It was a sacred rule that we were NOT ALLOWED to enter each other's lots. Our sims could meddle if it happened, but we each had a part to play in the game. I think that's some kind of multiplayer style; if you mean connecting to another machine and two people playing the same neighborhood at the same time and both parties being able to write on the same save file, I don't think that's possible.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 11:38 PM
EA tried a multiplayer Sims game with The Sims Online and EA-Land. They failed miserably.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Online

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
EA tried a multiplayer Sims game with The Sims Online and EA-Land. They failed miserably.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Online

freeso (sims online rehost) is still very active and is fun, so i politely disagree
to op, since sims 2 having a multiplayer feature is basically impossible i think you should try freeso out, the sims online is heavily based on sims 1 but it's still very fun to mess around in.

sims 2 for ever ?????????????? ^_^

i am married 2 loki beaker . i have issues.
popularity and animal aspiration . erratic childish and cat lover trait .

"Sims 4 is like a bad version of Sims 3," - Vargskelethor "Joel" Vinesauce, 2015
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
The Sims Bustin' Out had multiplayer for GameCube and PS2 not sure about Xbox but probally so, but you had to play single player for a little while to unlock it you could not play 2 player without unlocking the feature first or typeing in a cheat code, bascally you had 2 people and a split screen in the same room and you each controled a sim.
A multiplayer mode in The Sims Bustin' Out is also available on the Maxis™ Game Simulator.

Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 7:36 PM
You could probably use a desktop-sharing program like Parsec to let your friends play your Sims game at the same time as you...? That might be the closest you could come to multiplayer for the games that already exist.

Parsec: https://parsec.app/features

It would be basically like two people sitting in front of a computer playing on the same game (except remotely), though, so it might get a little confusing trying to switch between which sim you had selected and that sort of thing...?? I've never used it for Sims, I don't know if it would work or maybe something about TS2's graphics settings wouldn't play well with it, but I've used it to play games like Pokemon on an emulator with my friend and it worked pretty well. We had to kind of "take turns" and tell each other things like "Ok, let me do this next move" so that we weren't both trying to hit the buttons at once lol.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 7:57 PM
Now that sounds like fun, @baticeer ! Would like to give that a go with Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 7:20 AM
Years ago, I had a hood and my daughter asked if she could make a sim, build him a house and play him once in a while.

At that stage, the townie teens I had sent to Uni returned home, and my daughter's sim immediately started causing problems, stealing Orlando Centowski's girlfriend. With Orlando in a state of depression, being a family sim and all, it took a lot of work to sort him out.

Especially after Daughter's sim set his own house on fire and killed his new wife in the process. The bugger survived.

Got Orlando sorted with a new love - and guess who started flirting with her in the park the same day?

It was fun while it lasted, creating a lot of drama - and when that sim died of old age, peace somewhat returned to the hood
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 7:35 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jan 2023 at 3:13 PM.
I've on a few occasions played sims games alongside family members/friends, but honestly preferred making a new savefile or new neighborhood (depending on game) just to make sure my own savefiles were safe. I wouldn't want to let anyone else loose on my files...

Honestly, multiplayer doesn't sound too fun for sims. I'm too much of a control freak. Maybe if it was a game optimizied as multiplayer where everyone can do their own thing in a community style, kind of like a Minecraft server (and even there I'm not all that interested, because it invites people to mess around in your stuff).

For a kind of "forth-and-back" type gameplay it's just going to be a bit of a mess. It would pretty much be fighting over a mouse (been there, done that - hate that kind of gameplay. I can like watching people play on Youtube if it's been properly edited, but it's THE most daunting thing to sit beside someone and watch them struggle through playing in RL, especially if they're not used to the game AND don't want any advice/help AND it's your computer ).

Sharing full hoods forth and back - between friends/family it could work, but it wouldn't take long before it spiralled out of control if you mix in mods and CC. As a community thing, probably not a good idea unless it's no/low CC - and too much problem solving when things end up not working, too...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 1:08 PM
Yes, the game my daughter and I were sharing had no mods or CC. I remember I made a new set of userdata with no CC for that, and swapped my regular userdata back to play my own game! It was fun though because I found that she built houses in a way I wouldn't have thought of, and paired sims I would never have thought of pairing. Also she put items in the houses that I would never have thought to put in, like the axe throwing thing and champagne when it wasn't a wedding. Her community lots were crazy, too- took me out of my rut for sure!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 1:43 PM
I didn't knpw that FreeSO was a thing, but I just googled it and wow, that is bringing back strong Habbo Hotel vibes! :D

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 2:09 AM
I think it'd be really fun to gather up a bunch of simmers and give them turns to play the same neighborhood, passing on the save file to the next person, and then you'd get to see what kind of mess the hood became

Of course you'd have to make peace from the very beginning that you're not going to have control over everything that happens and you can't get mad with the other players for the decisions they made. This would just be a fun project.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#19 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
I think it'd be really fun to gather up a bunch of simmers and give them turns to play the same neighborhood, passing on the save file to the next person, and then you'd get to see what kind of mess the hood became

Maybe we should start a thread for this! Make some simple rules, vanilla only no cc and see what happens!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 31st Jan 2023 at 7:01 PM
I believe my hood with Daughter's Sim in it was pure vanilla, before I even knew that mods existed.

And I have to say, there is something to say for a vanilla hood as well - one really learns to play the game, play around problems, patiently sort out this or that relationship - and the drama never ends
Instructor
#21 Old 1st Feb 2023 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer
You could probably use a desktop-sharing program like Parsec to let your friends play your Sims game at the same time as you...? That might be the closest you could come to multiplayer for the games that already exist.

I did that with an online friend years ago, but only for a small time since it was lagging. She even made a screenshot of it:
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 12:15 AM
I showed this thread to my daughter and she began a neighbourhood for us both to share, and sent it to me to add some lots!

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#23 Old 5th Feb 2023 at 11:27 PM
I've sort of done this with setting up multiple user accounts on my laptops and can set up duplicate user files to have the feel of a multi-player game in TS2 playing different games and even a different set of Mods if I wanted to on my current laptop if I switch users to swtich game files.