Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 14th Jul 2023 at 4:37 AM
If you look at his personality "points", as I remember most of them are zero (like totally shy). Maybe he had all bars for neatness,

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 14th Jul 2023 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
If you look at his personality "points", as I remember most of them are zero (like totally shy). Maybe he had all bars for neatness,

Yeah, ten active points and zero for the rest.

I am Error.
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

That's kind of creepy. I'll make a cute goth gf for him to fix him . I feel bad for the guy.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 8:27 PM
My own story for "Nervous" was that when both the Beakers had babies, and ignored them, Nervous stepped up and discovered he loved children. Then he met The One (yes, I created her for him). And TA DA! he became a new man! (I changed his aspirations, attractions, personality, and interests! He now is a family Sim who loves cooking, animals, toys, and gardening. He stays home playing with the puppies and children, while his wife works.)They fell totally in love. Then they moved out, with the toddlers; and he demolished that horrible house, converting the $ to things he could stuff in his pants (so he could take the money with him). And (big surprise) the nasty Beakers died; nobody cared.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 30th Nov 2023 at 9:32 PM
Sorry to necropost on a relatively old thread, especially since I ended up accidentally making a copy/paste version of it... my bad! But anyway, I have a theory about something I rarely see anyone talk about, which is the death of Olivia Riley, a romance sim who died young, and who, very suspiciously, was not buried at the cemetery, but instead buried at the art museum.

Her widower Timothy's bio reads that she died in a freak electrical accident, but was it really a freak accident? Or did Timothy kill her and create that story of the "freak accident" as a coverup for his crime? Why else would she be buried at the art museum, after all? It's such a weird place for her to be buried, and she's uniquely the only premade deceased sim with a grave in Belladonna Cove to be buried anywhere other than the actual graveyard. She was a romance sim, so was she having an affair?
Forum Resident
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 2:08 AM
Nina and Dina Caliente are definitely behind Bella Goth's disappearance, because they are of alien decent, Bella was abducted by aliens, and Dina is trying to charm Mortimer. It's all a money scam.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 2nd Dec 2023 at 6:45 AM
Olive was framed; she is innocent.

General Buzz is right - the aliens have arrived. He knows everything, because he is familiar with the secrets of the Department of Defence. It is hard on him, he is actually a very cool guy.

And the aliens are trying to frame him too - while wondering what the hell they should do with Bella, who was abducted as a favour to their distant relatives in Pleasantview.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 4th Dec 2023 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
Nina and Dina Caliente are definitely behind Bella Goth's disappearance, because they are of alien decent, Bella was abducted by aliens, and Dina is trying to charm Mortimer. It's all a money scam.

I think you're right. Me personally, I admit I'm a stickler for the canon... that I actually like and agree with, that is. And what's interesting about this in particular, is an official interview with Bella from the old TS2 website, which can be read in archived form here. Bella herself, in this interview, acknowledges the Caliente sisters and their relation to aliens, and specifically focuses on Dina and the idea that Dina was trying to get her away from Mortimer, but, this wasn't for money, but instead, for Mortimer's research into making an Elixir of Life with permanent effects... which, interestingly, she implies here that the Elixir of Life may have something to do with Mortimer being an elder and herself an adult.

Of course though, this should be taken with a grain of salt, as The Sims is a series that doesn't really have a "true canon," by virtue of being a pretty sandbox sort of game already, any theory you have can be true if you make it so! And even then, Maxis' own canon is pretty inconsistent. Remember how I said I'm a stickler for the canon that I like and agree with? Yeah uhh, I still don't buy what the PSP version of TS2 was trying to sell me; Bella did NOT only marry Mortimer for money and she DID absolutely love him!

Anyway, I have a question for you all. Do you consider Glabe Curious to be the sister or the ex-wife of Glarn? I personally always saw her as his ex-wife, but Tarlia's clean version of Strangetown interprets her as his sister, and honestly, I think that's a rather cute idea, especially since they're named after the song from TS1. Still though, I feel like the context clues given in the family photos, which seem to show her and Glarn sharing a bed and Glabe wearing a wedding ring... uhh, do NOT imply that they are siblings. I hope not.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 4th Dec 2023 at 8:57 AM
I'm playing a Pleasantview without all the alien references-it's only got the original families without the Strangetown vibes; The Goths are still the richest family, Bella and her brother are the same age as Mortimer, Don is a toddler, as are Dina and Nina, and their parents are just ordinary people without any references to aliens.

You can play the game without the canon references. It just takes having the original families to start with.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#35 Old 4th Dec 2023 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kat Attack
Yeah uhh, I still don't buy what the PSP version of TS2 was trying to sell me; Bella did NOT only marry Mortimer for money and she DID absolutely love him!

Yes, and what gets me even more than that is that in the beginning of the game, Bella sells her house to the player character for hardly anything as she herself absolutely can't stay there... because the house is haunted. Bella Goth. Fleeing a house because it has ghosts. Yeah, right.

Glabe I interpret as the ex-wife, because of the storytelling picture you mentioned, plus her not appearing in the family tree.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 27th Dec 2023 at 12:47 AM
Dustin Broke is on the criminal career path, is friends with a burglar, and has memory of being in a fight with that burglar. I think the fight was initiation into a gang.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 27th Dec 2023 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kat Attack
Anyway, I have a question for you all. Do you consider Glabe Curious to be the sister or the ex-wife of Glarn? I personally always saw her as his ex-wife, but Tarlia's clean version of Strangetown interprets her as his sister, and honestly, I think that's a rather cute idea, especially since they're named after the song from TS1. Still though, I feel like the context clues given in the family photos, which seem to show her and Glarn sharing a bed and Glabe wearing a wedding ring... uhh, do NOT imply that they are siblings. I hope not.

I have a whole backstory for the Curious family that doesn't exactly match the family photos, but does fit the sims as they are at the start of the game, so anyway.

Glarn Curious married Kitty, and they had four children fairly spaced out. Not long after Lazlo was born, Glarn was abducted by aliens and came back pregnant - though he didn't know that was what the problem was. Kitty was struggling to look after everyone including her husband, especially as she was getting sick too, and there was only so much Jenny could do to help. Meanwhile Glarn's cousin Glabe had just divorced her husband and needed a place to stay - so they invited Glabe to live with them in exchange for her help.

When Glarn gave birth to twin alien girls, he was horrified and Kitty didn't want to look after them. Glabe didn't have any children, and offered to adopt/foster the twins, which seemed to be a perfect solution to all three adults. Jenny and Pascal at least (not sure about Vidcund and Lazlo, who were both fairly young) were intrigued by the aliens and wanted to find out more about them. A few years later, PT9 crashed his spaceship nearby and newly-adult Jenny found him in the wreckage...

I suppose "sister" fits the storyline just as well as "cousin", especially as I imagined Glarn and Glabe having a fairly close relationship - I just assumed cousin as she didn't appear on his family tree.
Forum Resident
#38 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 9:50 PM
Anyone else notice how Pleasantview is a continuation of The Sims 1, and the map is slightly similar to Old Town, but the buildings are different? From my experiences playing SimCity 2000 and Sim City 4, my guess is a disaster wiped out Old Town and everything was rebuilt. Personally, I'm going to blame it on Hurricane Andrew (which hit in 1992, the year I was born).

Poor Sims in my Pleasantview, they got hit again in 2005 by Hurricane Charley (which hit in 2004 in real life).
Forum Resident
#39 Old 12th Feb 2024 at 12:22 AM
I don't quite buy Glarn being married to Kitty all along, because you just can't get a Vidcund or a Jenny out of Glarn's displayed family genetics. So I think Kitty was a widow or a divorcee with two little ones when she met Glarn, he adopted Jenny and Vidcund, and then came Pascal and Lazlo.

There's something timey-wimey in connection with Chloe and Lola, but whether it's "time" in stasis or relativistic space travel I haven't quite decided.
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 14th Feb 2024 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
I don't quite buy Glarn being married to Kitty all along, because you just can't get a Vidcund or a Jenny out of Glarn's displayed family genetics. So I think Kitty was a widow or a divorcee with two little ones when she met Glarn, he adopted Jenny and Vidcund, and then came Pascal and Lazlo.

There's something timey-wimey in connection with Chloe and Lola, but whether it's "time" in stasis or relativistic space travel I haven't quite decided.

When I was younger I was so fascinated with the Curious family, it's so well made and original and also very underrated. Yes, the Goths are iconic, Pleasantview is messy but everyone is sleeping on Strangetown lore. I have no idea how to play the Curious family properly, and the brothers are well made, recognizable but boring to me, the Smiths are interesting but I always felt the need to marry off Johnny to Ophelia immediately for some reason and then play that family. I just wish the original storyline started a little earlier, for example when Jenny was a teen or when she just had Jill.
Page 2 of 2