Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 4:39 AM
Default Longer pregnancy mod?
Hi. I currently have the sims 2 Ultimate collection and am looking for some help. I would like to get a longer pregnancy mod. 21 Sim days would be ideal, so 7 days per trimester. Does anyone know how i can find this, or is anyone willing to make one for me? It would be very much appreciated.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 4:58 AM
I usually take a pregnancy mod and update it in simPE. You can also make one from scratch using Lientebollemeis' Create A New Pregnancyspan tutorial. It has a template file to work from.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 5:38 AM
Oh god that sounds terrible

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 5:49 AM
With the simblender you can shorten, lengthen, pause, or treminate a pregnancy.
Alchemist
#5 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 6:06 AM
Yeah, but if you need it to be 21 days long to match an age span, pausing with the blender isn't really an option, imo. You'd have to do a lot of tracking to make sure sims deliver on time. It really is a quick edit in SimPE.

@Bigsimsfan12 I totally agree with you! I've never been pregnant before, but I did try a 6-day pregnancy mod once and even *I* felt the torture. I was so tired of seeing my sims pregnant and having to take care of them! I reverted back to 3 days really quick. Idk what I'm going to do, since I wanted a longer life span and pregnancy should probably be 6-7 days. Maybe I'll give babies more time instead. (Anyway, hope your pregnancy is going well and you deliver soon to a healthy baby. )

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Yeah, but if you need it to be 21 days long to match an age span, pausing with the blender isn't really an option, imo. You'd have to do a lot of tracking to make sure sims deliver on time. It really is a quick edit in SimPE.

@Bigsimsfan12 I totally agree with you! I've never been pregnant before, but I did try a 6-day pregnancy mod once and even *I* felt the torture. I was so tired of seeing my sims pregnant and having to take care of them! I reverted back to 3 days really quick. Idk what I'm going to do, since I wanted a longer life span and pregnancy should probably be 6-7 days. Maybe I'll give babies more time instead. (Anyway, hope your pregnancy is going well and you deliver soon to a healthy baby. )

I never tried to shorten it, pause it or lengthen it. I just know it does because I have terminated many pregnancies with it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I did try a 6-day pregnancy mod once and even *I* felt the torture. I was so tired of seeing my sims pregnant and having to take care of them! I reverted back to 3 days really quick. Idk what I'm going to do, since I wanted a longer life span and pregnancy should probably be 6-7 days. Maybe I'll give babies more time instead.
Since, with Aging Off, I more or less play in real time, or even slower, I suppose logically I should have a nine month pregnancy mod. However, it just seems to me to be self-evident, that a 2-3 day pregnancy is much better than a nine month one. So my Sims and I are sticking with the vanilla Maxis length of pregnancy. I'm not even sure I could keep a pregnant Sim alive for nine months.

I suspect most real life mothers would choose a two day pregnancy if they had the choice. Your thoughts, @Bigsimsfan12 ?

Only disadvantage of short pregnancies I can think of is they don't give you much time to set up a nursery. I wouldn't want pregnancy to be shorter than two days.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I suspect most real life mothers would choose a two day pregnancy if they had the choice. Your thoughts, @Bigsimsfan12 ?

I'd settle for a 40 week pregnancy to be honest

The rate I would play Sims when I was pregnant with my first, I actually had a sim (Eloise Zimmerman-Verse) who got pregnant around the time I did, and gave birth the next time I played sims after giving birth. So my game actually did follow real life time! I play a lot slower these days, last time I played while my 2 year old was awake she decapitated my laptop and now it's held together with tape. It was a lot easier to play back before she was mobile and took naps during the day lol

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge