2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#12901 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 9:38 AM
I think this thread is getting a little off topic. So I'll put it back on track.
I'd like to see a detailed anti-corruption mod that has all the corruption fixes in it all in one package. You could call it the anti-corruption mega mod.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#12902 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 1:14 PM
This is SPORT hobby enthusiasm mod suggestion. I want to suggest BOXING interaction mod (animation cloned/borrowed from PUNCHING BAG career reward) where two sims (of same age) do boxing with each other. Depending on their BODY skills they can win or lose the training/fight. This would be treated just as social interaction that doesnt make sims be enemies. Sims could even build BODY SKILL points on residental lot (and on community if player has COMMUNITY SKILL mod).

What do you think, dear simmers?
Forum Resident
#12903 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 7:08 PM
I've been hoping for this mod for a while but I really want to see a mod that kills the autonomous inside joke interaction between best friends. My sims do it way too much and I would really like to see it gone. Pretty please with sugar on top??
Mad Poster
#12904 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 9:53 PM
@Lena88 -I would love that myself though it would have to fulfill that wish to win fights rolled by popularity sims and have to count on that one as another option so they can fight in sport and fill that wish in competition instead of making enemies.
Top Secret Researcher
#12905 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 5:18 PM
I'd love a way to set an unoccupied lot to a specific season. It'd be nice to make one of my just-for-looking-at lots wintery without having to place down decorative snow. I've never found any that's really satisfactory and anyway, it only ever goes on the ground, nothing else.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#12906 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 7:34 PM
You know what would be kinda neat, even if obscure and probably overlooked by most people? It would be kinda neat if the game, when generating sims to appear on community lots, could recognize social groupings and send them (or some of them) to spawn on the community lot together.

What I mean is, if these folks are in a group together, it's because they like hanging out together and going to community lots together. Groups you've formed for your own sims, or groups made up by the game, when it generated a spontaneous invitation for a playable to go downtown... they're supposed to be bundled bunches of friends, family, co-workers, etc. Since they're already bundled, it would feel more natural if the game spawned them on community lots together. This way, they're commonly seen together, not just when you're playing the household of one of the group members. It might be more handy and organic with teens, hanging out in bunches. But it wouldn't be unusual to see the same groups of adults always hanging around together.

This could be used for things like the group of popular kids or the band geeks or the nerds, or the tough crowd... Maybe it's sorta like the social cliques in AL. But this would kinda be different. It could be used for the daycare moms. It could be used for the politicos. Basically any group you create, through the use of that tool -- the game could spawn a social group or two into a community lot. Maybe your sim wants in on that group? Maybe it's just, "you ALWAYS see those guys together!" Maybe you want to re-create "Friends" but you don't always want to play their apartment complex... you still want them to show up at the coffee house together whenever your other sims go in for a cronut.

Spawn sim A... Is sim A a member of a social group? If yes, identify other members of said group, increase likelihood of spawning those sims... and maybe a loose clustering, where those sims are more likely to do things together. If one bowls, the others are more likely to bowl with them. Same goes for eating dinner or playing pool or video games. In reality, if you went to hang out somewhere, wouldn't you be more likely to have a friend or two that you always hang around with go with you? Or if you didn't, when you arrived at your destination, upon spotting people you hung out with, wouldn't you gravitate towards them as well?

Like i said, most people probably wouldn't notice that it -doesn't- happen now. So if it were to exist, I bet it'd be overlooked, for the most part. Still, it would have a pretty natural, organic feel and add a little more realism to sims' social habits. Probably a lot of work to do, for something most people would take for granted and not even notice. hahaha...

-gE
>=)
Instructor
#12907 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 7:46 PM
Something I was so sure I existed but just couldn't find when I needed it: buyable maps to the hidden vacation lots. Not to take the mystery from my sims, but to make it easier when you have to edit and playtest a secret vacation lot.
Instructor
#12908 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
Something I was so sure I existed but just couldn't find when I needed it: buyable maps to the hidden vacation lots. Not to take the mystery from my sims, but to make it easier when you have to edit and playtest a secret vacation lot.

http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D...sSouvenirs.html

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Field Researcher
#12909 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 3:38 PM Last edited by Lena88 : 20th Oct 2022 at 6:31 PM.
What do you think about this mod: when you invite a friend, best friend or bff sim there is RANDOME CHANCE for your sims to recieve a cake, pie or some different kind of sweet?
Instructor
#12910 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D...sSouvenirs.html

Yay, thanks, Whoward69! This will save me a lot of work.
Mad Poster
#12911 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 10:24 AM
It's probably impossible, but I wish that cars and other traffic could drive over the bridges in Neighbourhood View. (Can traffic drive over bridges in SimCity 4?)

Also, a few weeks ago I downloaded Criquette's neighbourhood deco 'bus set. I wish I could see 'buses driving along the roads. When I play AGS base game, I do see school buses driving along roads, but for some reason they seem to have been dropped before Maxis got to Nightlife/OFB.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12912 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
(Can traffic drive over bridges in SimCity 4?)

Yes. In SC4 delux (with Rush hour) - the traffic simulator is part of the game; you need to make sure sims get to work and back in the shortest time possible, or they stop working and move away.
Field Researcher
#12913 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 6:55 PM
My wishfull thinking is kind of...MUSIC STUDIO RECORDING interaction/plug in thing. It would require/take at least 2 sims: one to sing and one to listen ans record. Sims could LEARN/PRACTISE singing (creativity) and even earn money (higher creativity skill = more money) both ways (the singing sim as well as recording sim). What do you think, simmers?

P. S. The singing part would be borrowed from microphone, but I am not sure how recording part could be done.
Mad Poster
#12914 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
What do you think about this mod: when you invite a friend, best friend or bff sim there is RANDOME CHANCE for your sims to recieve a cake, pie or some different kind of sweet?

It's not quite the same but you might like this: https://modthesims.info/d/644070/au...at-parties.html

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12915 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I'd love a way to set an unoccupied lot to a specific season. It'd be nice to make one of my just-for-looking-at lots wintery without having to place down decorative snow. I've never found any that's really satisfactory and anyway, it only ever goes on the ground, nothing else.

Try the SimWardrobe weather and seasons controller. You'd need to manually set to snow on arrival but it would work.

Top Secret Researcher
#12916 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Try the SimWardrobe weather and seasons controller. You'd need to manually set to snow on arrival but it would work.

Does that work for unoccupied, unused-by-sims lots? Cause the way you phrased that makes it seem like it doesn't.

=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12917 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 1:49 PM
Does that work for unoccupied, unused-by-sims lots? Cause the way you phrased that makes it seem like it doesn't.

It won't work on an empty lot, it requires live mode so it can be clicked.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#12918 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It won't work on an empty lot, it requires live mode so it can be clicked.

Exactly. What I wanted was something that'll work without live mode, for the lots in my building neighborhood.

=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12919 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 10:51 PM
Exactly. What I wanted was something that'll work without live mode, for the lots in my building neighborhood.

I have a feeling that Chris Hatch may have some kind of weather control mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12920 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 11:25 PM
That's where I miss Back Alley Sims. It was much easier when Chris's stuff was all in one place.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#12921 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 12:12 AM
I believe that you can still find many stuff by Chris Hatch.
Mad Poster
#12922 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 12:33 AM
Yes, but the problem is finding it. A lot of his newer stuff is spread through forum posts all over MTS here. Of course Smorbie1 made an archive of all his family friendly stuff before BAS closed, and a link is in her signature.

I also downloaded a lot of his more adult stuff myself in the twilight days of BAS. Even though a lot of it is stuff I'd never use myself, I thought it was worth saving. (I use a few of his adult mods -- notably the bouquet.) If anyone wants anything from that, please PM me and I'll see what I can do.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Alchemist
#12923 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 5:53 AM
@AndrewGloria I agree; Chris has got so much good stuff but it's not very organized. I've got two Chris Hatch archives in my bookmarks this one, which I think was uploaded by Chris himself and this one uploaded by DigitalAngels/HermitFox. Sometimes I really wish Sim File Share let you look up creators by name and view their public files. It seems so silly to need a direct link if you know the name of the creator you're looking for. Anywho.

@StrangeTownChick Chris Hatch does have Alpine Lots, but I think it's meant to complement the skiing mod.

Not sure if there's another one out there. Weather Fix maybe? Anyway both of those are available here.

But I was actually going to suggest Sophie-David's Seasons Automatic Lot Based Weather Control:

There's quite a bit more about the controllers on the page--check it out, it might help you set the weather on each lot for when your sims arrive. Oh, and another thing you can do is instead of creating subhoods by neighborhood, you can set subhoods by season. So in one subhood it's always winter and you put all your winter lots there, etc. If you're really into detail, you can set these up as mirrors of your neighborhood with all the same lots but the appropriate seasons version. So you have a Bluewater Summer subhood and a Bluewater Winter subhood, and so on. Not sure how practical it would be and it would take a bunch of set up, but on the other hand, once you do set it up, all your lots should be ready for seasons the way you want them to. And you can make copies so you never ever have to go back and edit them again.

Oh, and while looking up the other mods, I did find Nopke's Time & Weather Manager, which is like an updated SimWardrobe weather and seasons controller. It's got a few more options, including the ability to let you select the accumulation level of snow or hail on the ground.

Last but not least @grinevilly, while the environment you seek may not be 100% possible, you can help get there with mods. First check out Simler90's Visitor Arrivals Mod, one of the mods in the Visitor Mods collection.

With that you might see more playable families show up together on community lots. Next, do make use of the Visitor Controller--make sure you have Midgethetree's updated one, as it was also updated to work better with Inge's colored keys. With those you can create your own social groups, and change who shows up to lots whenever you feel like. To go along with that, make sure to check out Marhis' AL Social Groups for Playables (there's a fix by atomtanned in the last post) and BoilingOil's Social Group Greetings. Those might help you create that everyone-here-is-in-the-same-group feeling.

Now, if we could only get a Visitor controller that let you ban sims by AL social group and traits, that would be cool. I wouldn't be surprised if a simmer was working on the trait thing at least, but that would be a big overhaul. So I guess for now we have to make do with the keys.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#12924 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Yes, but the problem is finding it. A lot of his newer stuff is spread through forum posts all over MTS here. Of course Smorbie1 made an archive of all his family friendly stuff before BAS closed, and a link is in her signature.

I also downloaded a lot of his more adult stuff myself in the twilight days of BAS. Even though a lot of it is stuff I'd never use myself, I thought it was worth saving. (I use a few of his adult mods -- notably the bouquet.) If anyone wants anything from that, please PM me and I'll see what I can do.

I have Family Friendly mods but I am also very interested in adult stuff :D. Care to PM those?
Mad Poster
#12925 Old 25th Oct 2022 at 11:13 AM
Ah sorry, I didn't realise you meant just the neighbourhood view.

Wow that visitors mod sounds like something I neeeeed for my game!! I have been frustrated for ages with how the game selects sims to appear at community lots. Back in base game it used to be a selection of everyone, and one of the EPs (nightlife? Freetime?) made it so that the pool tries to pick sims which are similar to your own at least in age stage, which is a shame. I liked seeing kids and teens wandering around - the world isn't made up totally of adults.

I'm afraid I never really much cared for the AL social groups, mostly because I don't really understand what they are going for. It seems it might possibly be an American culture specific thing? If they had done it according to class rules in the UK then it might make sense to me! (But I still wish it was optional all the same - I don't really like social class and I don't particularly want it imposed on every neighbourhood.)

Page 517 of 580